Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

15 days, and feeling good, getting through the cravings by reminding myself how bad it makes me feel and messes everything up :muscle:

19 Likes

13 days here andvi agree. Ive tempted but when i remind myself how awful i will feel the next day really helps. Keep up the good work and im right behind you. One day at a time.

16 Likes

I am so tired of saying ā€˜day 1 againā€™.
This is garbage because I GENUINELY want to quit drinking but my will power is crap.
Went out Saturday with a girfriend I rarely see, we went to a wine bar. Went out to dinner with the husband last night and had 4, 22oz beers. I couldnā€™t sleep, the guilt was killing me. I feel like absolute hungover crap this morning and cannot take the day off.
Why do I do this to myself and why cant I just NOT DRINK.
Iā€™m so sorry for the pity party everyone. I just want to be frigging sober.

15 Likes

Oh, I like that!

1 Like

You can do it, Iā€™ve been going round and round for ages every 3rd or 4th day I would drink and feel awful, this is the longest I have done, Iā€™ve done lots of cardio exercise, and hopefully found a good mind set, kept myself busy, you can do it :muscle::+1:

2 Likes

Glad you back and venting.
I could never get sober with Willpower. I needed a team and many tools and lots of support.
:pray:t2::heart:

10 Likes

Thank you Liz22 right back to you :grinning::muscle::+1:

Checking in, day 1583.
My boss asked me if Iā€™d go work in another dependency in France near Nice for up to 6 months. I should be pleased and yeah and hurray. I am stressed and see organizing things when my last move is barely 6 months ago. I am grateful I donā€™t drink anymore. Truly grateful. Just having some stress related hot chocolates. I am grateful for people who can calm me down and see the yeah, when I cannot.
Now, I focus on my massage in an hour :innocent:

15 Likes

Well the good news is that this can be your last day 1! Stick around here and read, post alotā€¦I hope your hangover goes away soon!

4 Likes

Yeah ive bought all my annual coins on amazon or other internet sites. Its kinda funny when people see it cause at first they have a sense of reverence towards it ā€¦ that seems to dissipate slightly as i say ā€œyeah i bought it on amazon, but it still counts.ā€ Lol

6 Likes

Yes, madam! 1 whole year of soberness! Congratulations to your achievement!:confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::birthday:

1 Like

Congratulations to half a year of soberness!:+1:t2:

2 Likes

I would attend sobriety support meetings during those witching hours. I still do, actually, even though I donā€™t have cravings to drink anymore. Lots of online meeting options. I lot of people go to the gym.

2 Likes

Thank you ver much, kind regards!

1 Like

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

If we could ask my grandma - definetly yes!
Give it a try :yawning_face:

2 Likes

Happy Monday everyone! Have an awesome day.

11 Likes

Another rough day at work but Iā€™m not quitting. I donā€™t give a flying ef. If they fire me Iā€™ll be pissed and they will lose someone who wants to be there working

I have two bosses telling me what to do and itā€™s conflicting. I couldnā€™t do my job because of this. Iā€™m really pissed.

Day 16 no weed
Day 122 no alcohol

13 Likes

104 :muscle: got an emergency dentist appointment tomorrow think a bit of tooth left horrible pain :tooth::tooth::tooth:

Panky pain not to bad today still waiting for dietitian as can only manage fortisips

Chilling watching last of us ep 8

Happy sober Monday everyone

9 Likes

Hang in there. Sounds like that situation with the job is out of your control. Iā€™ve been there. You do have control over your sobriety, and thatā€™s more important.

2 Likes

@Planipennia thanks Matti

1 Like