Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

Day 313.
Recently Iā€™ve taken my FB app off my phone as I was finding myself scrolling mindlessly and didnā€™t want to be doing that. I got into a habit of checking for any news maybe once a week, and when I logged in on Sunday I saw that the barmaid from my old local had died unexpectedly (late fifties, lovely woman)
Of course Iā€™m sad and shocked on behalf of her husband and kids but what has also come up for me is that Iā€™m no longer included in that old scene. No one let me know about the gathering on the day of the funeral. This was the place I met my husband and I had felt like I belonged but now that he has died, and I no longer drink, I just feel as if all those supposed friends have just evaporated.
I think this sad news has triggered deeper feelings of sadness and loss within me than Iā€™d realised.
Thankfully drinking has not occurred to me for quite a long time now. Iā€™m grateful for that.

24 Likes

Well i think i missed the window to check in with the doctors, but if it happens again, I will ask to be seen immediately. Even as a child when I had seizures, there wasnā€™t much the doctor could do after a certain amount of time had passed except watch for another one to happen.
I havenā€™t had a seizure disorder since i was young, maybe 9 or 10?

So now this has happened, and I told my partner about it, and he said ā€œyeah, you do that sometimesā€
:anguished:
So since I didnā€™t know about having episodes like this, I asked that of he sees it happen again please take me to a doctor or at least record what happens so it can be shown to a doctor.

11 Likes

@Markjackson thank you friend. I really needed to be reminded of that actually. Doing this one day at a time is one of those things i definitly know about but it really has been slipping my mind lately. Thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:
@Scorpn girl you are absolutely deserving!! Youre such an incredible human being and i know others would agree! I love you lady and we will get thru these feelings. If u ever need extra support, im always here to chat :slight_smile: Also, i hope ur okay. I read what happened at work. How are you feeling today? And a HUGE congratulations on 150 days!!! Super excited for you :heartpulse:
@zzz congratulations on 3 days!!!
@Seb congratulations on your 10 days!!!
@alisa thank you for your support friend. I really appreciate it and always do :heartbeat:
@rockstar24777 congratulations to you Rob on 1000 days!!! I cant even begin to describe how huge of an accomplishment this is! Quadruple digits :star_struck:
@Twizzlers Hoping you get a nice relaxing day in today. We all just need a healthy break now and again :slight_smile: sending good vibes ur way!
@nowenbrace i am praying ur wife that she is okay and its nothing serious. That must have been so scary for u too. How is she doing?
@misokatsu so glad to hear that ur feeling abit better :slight_smile: im really excited for you about ur quadruple digits! That just seems like such a huge milestone! Have an amazing day friend!
@cueball8n9 huge congratulations on 1 month!!!

12 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear this! :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging: Sending well wishes and hugs to you. :heart::heart:

4 Likes

Aww THANK YOU youā€™re pretty incredible yourself! :smiling_face::smiling_face:
I appreciate you and chats to make sure Iā€™m ok. :heartpulse:
Today I still feel super tired. My neck feels a little better. And my regular headache is here, but not the worse version I had yesterday. I have had a coffee but i think i will probably take a nap after my little ones therapist arrives for the day. I bought breakfast for them so when she gets here they can eat together. :relieved:

4 Likes

Awe thank you!!! I really hope u get time to rest today. Glad ur feeling abit better tho. Just hoping ur headache disappears. Thats definitely not fun to have all day :frowning:

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you and congratulations to you too @DLS!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

Thank you everyone! :grin::sunglasses::metal:t2:

8 Likes

Good morningish. Looks like we are going to get some snow tonight. But then again it may be sunny and 80. Never trust the forcadt haha.

12 Likes

Day 125 no alcohol
Day 19 no pot

I woke up about 4 hours ago and took some medicine. Then I woke up just now and I feel better. Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s the end of my cold. That cold was horrible

Work at 5am tomorrow
I will be there

13 Likes

Tanks for asking.
Not okay.
Donā€™t know what to say.

4 Likes

Youā€™re not alone Julia. Also you are not the only one. Hang with us and keep working your stuff. You will make it stick. Keep going lady x

7 Likes

HUGE congrats on reaching a 1000 sober days Rob. Good times and bad ones. And even worse ones. Drinking never helps. Thanks for being here friend. Love and hugs.

6 Likes

Sometimes itā€™s ok to say nothing, as long as you know you have people here for you :people_hugging: donā€™t let it isolate you thatā€™s how it gets us xx
We all understand, I understand, please donā€™t give up on yourself :pray: stay connected :pray:

6 Likes

Today I really have just chilled and done nothing, I really needed the mental break from my own thoughts and the pressure I put on myself. I did unsubscribe from so many emails that were just of no use to me and kept pinging constantly every day all day, I did this earlier this morning and funny enough itā€™s been so quite, less pressure of so many emails making me feel busier than I really am :rofl:
Going to make some food a bit later and just keep chilling.
It my mumā€™s bday on Saturday, and although we arenā€™t on good terms I am cooking her some quiches for a surprise and my dad is going to collect them, Iā€™ll enjoy doing that Tomo, and this way she knows Iā€™m thinking of her no matter how stubborn we both are she is loved and thought of.

9 Likes

Congratulations to quadruple digits!:astonished::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

How are you doing ? I thought I hadnā€™t seen you post for a few days and was thinking how about you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 159
Mood is slightly better. The tooth is much better! Makes me wanna cook again, and I did it! I prepared a delicious meal and inhaled it haha :yum: The belly is happy because I had no gluten today. Next step: no coffee any more. Harder than I thought :roll_eyes::sob:
And then: start with working out again.
One step at a time :heart:
Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :kissing_heart::muscle:

15 Likes

3 full days down.
Commuting home from a full day at work.
Looking forward to a restful sober nights sleep!
:zzz:

12 Likes

Good morning all, and congratulations to everybody celebrating birthdays; but a super-shoutout to @Rockstar24777 for 1000! Iā€™ve said this before, but you really are a rockstar.

:rofl: I love that! Iā€™m stealing it!

You always have something valuable to add; youā€™re among the most inspiring contribultors here! :hugs:

Iā€™m sorry to hear; Iā€™ll keep you both in my prayers! :pray:

Iā€™m stealing this too! :rofl:

Day 2 (maybe; forgot to reset timer)

Got a late start to the morning. Been using Insight Timer to help me sleep, but I keep waking up 2 or 3 hours later. And it takes forever to get back to sleep. So I was in bed till 10:30am. Did my morning meditation, but Iā€™m still a bit grumpy for no reason. Got an appointment with my job advisor here in a few. A little apprehensive about that but I have to start over somewhere and sometime.
Iā€™ll check in again when I can. :v:

15 Likes