Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

Day 31 AF today.

1 day behind @Markjackson !
That’s how I know where I am in my recovery! :grin:

The last couple of nights I have slept so sound. Crazy!!!

But this morning I’m dragging. I think I slept to sound….

19 Likes

Congrats on your 1000 Days :four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

Hi everyone, on day 6 here. Been struggling, my alcoholic mind is saying “maybe I’m not really and alcoholic” which I know I am. The weekend is especially difficult because this is when I usually go out and party. Just taking it moment by moment today.

18 Likes

I feel overwhelmed, irritable, and anxious today. There’s so much i want to do and need to do. I’m just tired… I keep second guessing myself about quiting weed…i just want to relax, but it’s going to put me back in the cycle that i don’t want a part of anymore. So frustrating!

12 Likes

Thank you @Sunny11! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

Congratulations on day 6.
I found lots of great weekend reading on here when I first started. So many wonderful topics. And fun stuff too.

Of course I didn’t need the weekend to have as an excuse to party. I drank on any day that ended in Y.
Stick around here and keep an open mind.
:pray:t2: ODAAT :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you so much!! :heart::pray:

2 Likes

I had a great online meeting with my Tempest community this morning and spoke again :+1:. Definitely not staying hidden anymore. Two nuggets I took away for my upcoming road trip from New Hampshire to New Mexico are, 1. Have an aftercare plan for when I’m done driving for the day and will likely be tired, hungry, frustrated with truck drivers lol, and also when I get to the ranch. 2. What am I going to do instead of drinking? I got my notebook out and easily filled a page with good ideas. I’ve gone from being really nervous that I’d drink out of sheer tiredness to feeling proactive and in charge of my behavior by naming the obstacles and having a written plan.

13 Likes

@HillbillyChris sorry about the disappointment :disappointed:
@K_smile congrats on your month :tada:
@AyBee congrats on 1400 days :tada:
@C_8 great effort, great numbers! :clap:t2: :tada::star2:
@Sundown8 congrats on double digits :tada:
@Lgrant1005 congrats on 3 weeks :tada:
@rsvf @mewmcmew sending strength to you both, don’t let the addict voices win :blue_heart::blue_heart:

@Markjackson thank you, I have been feeling better than I have in a while since I did it :blush:
@Pickles I really do, thank you :blush:

942 days no alcohol.
407 days no cocaine.
29 days no vape.

I’m feeling so much better mentally, than I have been in a while. I also don’t think it’s any coincidence that after ending things with the therapist yesterday, I managed to shower, and resist my binge urges last night. I did the right thing, for me, and I’m feeling really pleased about that.

I have done both walks, the morning one in snow, the afternoon one in sunshine! Did my meditations, will do another one now. Not sure if I’ll manage to stay awake to watch my program at 9pn UK time, but if I don’t I can watch it on catch-up tomorrow. Plan is to stay focused and resist any binge cravings/urges again.

Wishing you all wonderful sober weekends. :blush:

:blue_heart:

28 Likes

Day :four:

16 Likes

You got this zzz!

1 Like

32 days…just checking in again. Still sober…not much happening today. Hanging out with my dog.

15 Likes

Of course you are right and I’ve made it to 9pm sober so time for an early bed.

Have good weekends all.

6 Likes

Day 334
11 months
Just had a meh week, had some major headaches to deal with.
I feel like I need to put into more work when it comes to self care and relationships.
One day at a time, sure tomorrow will be a brighter day!

17 Likes

Checking in on day 74. Today was not too good emotionally, I got more and more down the later the day got. At least no thoughts of drinking, so I got this going, which is nice.
Have a good and sober weekend and enjoy your time alone, with friends or family :hugs:

17 Likes

Alcohol will take any situation for us…and make it worse. Its something true that i have read or heard…

5 Likes

Day 17. Still navigating some tension with my partner but I think we are finding our way. Working up my courage to go to my first in person meeting this time around. Had a tough work week but so glad I didn’t drink. Trying to reconnect with my physical body who I’ve treated so badly the past 20 years. Happy Friday everyone :purple_heart:

20 Likes

Reading your post made me proud of what you are doing.

5 Likes

Day 20 no weed
Day 126 no alcohol

Good day today. I woke up at 4am this morning for work
Got out at 10am.
Ordered Chinese food for me and the wifey

Wifey is still sick :frowning:
Got her medicine and cough drops, even that throat spray stuff but she doesn’t like that too much

I’m in bed at 8:22pm or 20:22 just relaxing

Lastnight was rough on the wifey
She was so sick
I’m getting better day by day. Good enough for work. I’m up at 6am at work for 7 tomorrow

I had a good busy day

17 Likes

Day 62. Not much to say. More of the same.

19 Likes