Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

Hey all, checking in on day 1,001. I hope everybody has a good one!

24 Likes

Checking in 19 days sober. This might be TMI but yesterday had the worst period cramps I’ve had in 20 years. Not sure if this is related to my new sobriety but it was awful. As a result had to lie around on the couch all day which was not great for my sobriety as I started craving. What has been helping me is to keep a structure and stay busy but I just wasn’t able to yesterday. I did find some online zoom meetings (haven’t attended any yet) but it was one day and I got through it and woke up this morning grateful to be sober and grateful for all of you :pray: happy Sunday all!

18 Likes

:high_brightness: Morning Check in :high_brightness:
Day 392
Good morning TS fam! Its wayyyyy to early for this girl. The time change threw me for a loop this morning lol im on my way to work for another shift wishing i brought A LOT more coffee :coffee:
Im feeling a bit better mentally today tho. Staying focused on the 24 hours ahead has helped alot. Im also realizing more of the benefits of meditation. During meditation, when my mind drifts, i bring my focus immediately back to my breath. I have been using this method during my day when i cant seem to focus or when my mind is alllll over the place causing me grief. I just bring my mind back to where it needs to be (the task at hand). Its calming my anxiety that is caused by my thoughts. Grateful for meditation and want to keep improving this skill.
Other than that, things are okay. My son is abit sick but we are managing okay at home. He seems to get sick so easily :frowning: i know his complex medical stuff creates a base for getting sick easier. We just try our best to keep him healthy.
Hope all of you are well today! Enjoy ur addiction free day!
:butterfly:

15 Likes

I obviously missed your 1000 days friend. So here’s a massive congrats to 1001!!!

4 Likes

Day #8 staying focused. Working step one. Feeling grateful.

14 Likes

Share what helps you Catmama. There’s a thread on the subject, although it hasn’t been super active lately I see. Women's hormonal roller-coaster

4 Likes

Wow that is awesome

3 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

This is true, our brain gets wired by the Alcohol to tell our bodies we need it to survive like we need food and water. When I was explained this it made sense. And helped with cravings to know that my brain thinks it needs it to survive that’s what the cravings are, but I know my body doesn’t need this like food and water so I can go without it.
Congrats on your 33 days :fireworks:

6 Likes

Fantastic awesome lovely people :heart:

3 Likes

Day :six:

Did first running workout after long break. Was planning it for weeks.

The weather is not perfect, but I remember this quote:

“If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done .”

18 Likes

Hi all, I’m a newbie here, day 26 for me, I’m a grad student (PhD) and spending this quiet sunday studying - lucky for me I love my work :black_heart:

20 Likes

Welcome to the sober party @Battle_for_the_Sun

4 Likes

@Mno and @CueBall8n9 thank you guys! :heart:

3 Likes

Hey all checking in. Not much going on second half of the day. I don’t know who came up with this daylight savings time bullshit, but I can guarantee that they didn’t have to get up for work on Sunday morning. My ass is dragging. :grimacing:. Have a great day guys :v:

12 Likes

2279 days. Woke up with a scare thinking it was Monday and the clocks said 8:45am. I thought I blew it and my kids were missing their 1st period class. SHIT!! And then I realized it was Sunday and ony 7:45am. I immediately reset the downstairs clocks. I am having a lazy morning. Did the NYT puzzles and Taz is sleeping next to me.

18 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree! I had work at 5am which meant 4am for my tired body! :sob::sob: Daylight savings time doesn’t do anything except mess with everyone’s circadian rhythm :grimacing::sob::roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I checked in this morning and said I was getting my energy back and it is cold and gloomy here. All I want to do is lay around and sleep.

5 Likes

@Teresa.13 congrats on 11 months :tada:
@Scorpn congrats on 5 months :tada:
@FeelingBetter @liminal.rehab congrats both on double digits :tada:
@Nordique congrats on quadruple digits :tada:
@Hoss @rsvf congrats both on your week :tada:
@Amy30 I’m glad the dentist went okay :people_hugging:
@Minatasha you know it doesn’t work like that, but congrats on airing the thoughts :clap:t2: :tada::people_hugging:
@Markjackson sending strength :blue_heart:

8 Likes

@Noshame congrats on 3 weeks no weed :tada: I hope thing get easier at work :crossed_fingers:t2:
@Hesmyportion congrats on 2+ weeks :tada:
@Battle_for_the_Sun welcome :blush: congrats on 26 days :tada:

944 days no alcohol.
409 days no cocaine.
31 days no vape.

Well, I ate something I shouldn’t have, on Friday evening, and as a result, other than being awoken by a delivery company with the food for my cats, feeding the cats, and taking my morning meds, I slept all the way through until 5pm yesterday! Missed all my meditations, both of my walks, and the support group I was really looking forward to attending for the 2nd time, a whole month until the next one. I fed the cats, took my evening meds, couldn’t stay awake so went back to bed, therefore missing my check-in here, and didn’t wake again until my cats were yelling at me to feed them at 9:30am this morning! Madness. I need to learn from this that sugar is very harmful to me. I still don’t feel right, my whole body feels heavy and achy, and I’ve got no energy., which is how I used to feel before my diabetes diagnosis.

I have managed to do both of my walks and stay awake today, but the walking was a real challenge, I don’t usually need to stop on benches these days, but I did this afternoon.
Still glad I’ve been able to get out into the fresh air and move my body.

I hope you’ve all had wonderful sober weekends. :blush:

:blue_heart:

20 Likes