Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

Thank you all!! I’m honored to say that they have decided to name her Meabh Rebecca :heart: I am honored beyond emotions. I am thankful for this much joy with sobriety. I’m flying over in 9 days a sober grandma with no worries about alcohol related circumstances. If anyone on here is struggling, you won’t believe the insurmountable blessings you can have with sobriety :pray:

18 Likes

OMG, your trip is so near!!! Just realised that I’m probably travelling too at the same time :heartpulse:

1 Like

Better than your life!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I miss the laugh reacts on here :rofl:

2 Likes

All sorts, like alt. Rock and all other flavors, country, blue grass, folk, 80s retro.

I’m a fan of all genres so I consider myself a student of all as well. :metal::grin:

3 Likes

You play instruments I assume? What instruments? I am a fan of all genres as well. But I really like bluegrass. I hated it when I started playing guitar when I was younger but my instructor told me
That If I want to be able to play anything then I should learn bluegrass. So I started learning and listening and was hooked.

3 Likes

I play guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin, ukelele, drums, keys.

There’s something about bluegrass that hits differently!

Have you listened to a band called Greensky Bluegrass? If not, check em out, more alternative bluegrass style, i really dig em!

2 Likes

Checking in
Day 396
Today has been okay. Very busy. Lots of practice in reliance on my HP. Started off with a 2.5 hour phone call to renew a medical contract for my son. It went really well but the conversation gave me a massive headache afterwards.

My son and i had our lunches and then we went out for a walk so that i could get some tylenol and a coffee. We decided to also go for a nice loooong walk thru the park behind our building. We probably did a good 2 or 3 laps around the entire park.

I also ended up getting an email about our overnight nurse tonight and how she cant make it. So theres a very good chance that ill have to do the awake overnight shift with my son. Im already tired to be honest but theres not much i can do if no one can replace her. I usually get super anxious and frustrated when things like this happen. But im too tired to fight my emotions and so i spoke to my HP and gave it all to Him. Im choosing not to waste any more energy on something that i have completely no control over.

So ya… thats where im at. I really enjoyed our walk today. It was slow paced and so quiet in the park. Lots of puddles and snow melting. It was beautiful out. My son loved holding onto pinecones and his “walking stick”. It was just really nice. And i actually teared up with gratitude for my recovery. Thankful to God. Thankful for the connections/supports i have. I really needed this walk. We will see how the rest of this day goes. Tmrw is another busy day so hopefully we get a replacement nurse last min (even though its not looking good). But ill manage, i always do.
:butterfly:

18 Likes

Checking in day 193! 99% of the conference went well today- I felt like I made good social connections which is what usually makes me anxious (an alcoholic with social anxiety, what a shocker :rofl:)

Unfortunately, there was an exercise that happened and the presenter felt he could use me as an example in a way that felt really embarrassing to me. I turn red really easily and he (and everyone) saw that and all I could do the rest of the time was think about retreating into my shell. Embarrassment is such a trigger for me even though I know literally no one cares about what happened but me.

Anyway, I’m home now and ordered myself a comfort meal. Gonna take it easy and get to bed early for day 2 tomorrow. Also gotta get back to the gym tomorrow- just not up for it today.

Just ranting to get that out- overall it was a good day. I hope everyone is have a super sober Thursday!

17 Likes

Yes I like them. I love the young jam bands that are more alternative rock on acoustic instruments and tradition bluegrass like the bluegrass album band.

I don’t play drums and have messed with bass at church when they needed an emergency fill in but mainly stick with guitar, fiddle, banjo, mandolin, and uke.

2 Likes

Day 68. Bracket already busted but I love these upsets! Always cheer for the underdog. The benefit of working from home means I can watch while working. Got a haircut this afternoon which always feels good. Just keeping on ODAAT.

15 Likes

I saw Greensky Bluegrass in concert last year. So fun. My son plays a little banjo and got me into their sound.

2 Likes

@Onestepmore2023 welcome :blush: congrats on your days so far :tada:
@Mno stunning photo :heart_eyes:
@zzz congrats on double digits :tada:
@james83 congrats on 2+ weeks :tada:
@Puglife322 congrats on 5 months :tada:
@Ravikamor congrats on the birth of your granddaughter :baby: :tada:
@ShadowFax congrats on 250 days :tada:
@Benwa10 congrats on 6 months :tada:
@HoofHearted sending strength :blue_heart:
@Buntz congrats on your week :tada:

948 days no alcohol.
413 days no cocaine.
6 months no takeaways.
35 days no vape.
1 day no binge-eating or crisps.

I cannot believe this 6 months no takeaways milestone. I was having atleast 1 or 2, sometimes 3, per day, for a good few years, it started in 2017, and it took me until 6 months ago to stop. I know I’ve still been bingeing, but it’s still amazing to me that I haven’t eaten any fast food takeaways for 6 whole months, so I’m quite proud of that. One day I’ll be able to say the same for bingeing, because I won’t stop trying. I haven’t binged today, and the local shops are all closed now so I guess I’m at 1 day for bingeing and crisps, maybe this is a turning point. I hope so.

Did both of my walks and all meditations.

:blue_heart:

21 Likes

My bracket’s out back in the fire pit. :sob:

5 Likes

Wow!!! Congratulations on that 6 month milestone! Im proud of u too! I always love ur positivity and ur determination

5 Likes

I’m on day 11 of no weed. I keep thinking about how i will disappoint myself if i use. I’m a perfectionist and hate failing… not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.

10 Likes

Oh nice!! I would really like to see them! They played here recently (few years ago) at a bluegrass/EDM festival - sounds weird, but it actually looks really cool - very laid back in the day and EDM at night - only tickets were nearly 4 figures - Eff that!

1 Like

Yay! Another beautiful gift in sobriety.
Congratulations Grandma! :baby_bottle: :baby:
Happy for you and your family @Ravikamor

5 Likes

Day 24. Last night tried not to eat any candy or sweets and woke up with a really bad headache (still > being hungover!). My therapist today told me it’s ok for now to eat some sugar (ideally fruit) if I feel like it. I was just trying to be an adult and not have skittles at 9pm :joy: baby steps… heading to bed early with my non-hangover headache… wishing everyone peace and grateful for you!

14 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #52 (Part 24).