Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Just taking a moment to remember what it was like when I used to drink. How I used to feel. How I used to wake up and be riddled with fear, depression, despair, physical sickness + the usual hangover stuff. How disappointed and sad I used to feel. How I used to wish things could be different. How I said hurtful things to the ones I love. How poorly I treated myself. How I used to smoke cigarettes (which I desperately, desperately wanted to stop doing). How I used to cancel plans because I’d made promises I wouldn’t keep. How I would hide away for days in a black hole dodging everything and everyone. My mental health had never been so low as when I used to drink. Anxiety was just crippling some days. Caused by alcohol.

Today, I am so SO grateful to be sober!! What a blessing. How different and BETTER my life is now. how much better I am! :pray::heart:

Sober life = my best life, for sure.

22 Likes

Checking in at the end of Day 11. Great time with my sons celebrating their dad’s birthday. Hike to some falls through several deep streams. Onto tomorrow!

19 Likes

Check in: entering day 33…im up reading.
Im about to sleep…made it through the day sober.

18 Likes

:sparkler: Congrats :fireworks:

1 Like

Congratulations @Nordique :partying_face::confetti_ball::partying_face:
I hope you had a good one as well!
15na814mcv501

9 Likes

You need to be kind to yourself :hugs:
When I first got sober, my only thing in my to-do list was Please get out of bed.
Eventually I did. One step at a time one day at a time.
Hope today is easier on you :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

6 days AF.

No one else is up yet and nothing planned for this lazy Sunday.

Take care of yourselves all

20 Likes

You wouldn’t enjoy it, and one would become 2. And so on.
It would slowly end up back to what made you want to quit in the first place.
Stay strong, you are doing so well :slightly_smiling_face: I used to smoke, it had been about 6 years now since I quit. And I smoked all day every day… I can’t imagine smoking again, i spent all my days just smoking it going to get it. That wasn’t living, it wasn’t fun.

Our brains want to trick us, there is so much more to look forward to then a joint in life, when things are rough that certainly won’t make things smooth.

Thinking of you my friend :hugs:

If we were one of those people who could smoke 2 a year or even once a month we wouldn’t be here :people_hugging:

11 Likes

#Day 1636 :walking_woman:
Had a lovely day yesterday. Haven’t enough time to see all that city has to give so I deffinitely go back soon. The weather was lovely, finally blue sky!! Missed it so much!!

Today? All my kids at home. An easy calm day I hope.
My daughter was suggesting yesterday I had to do something with my experience with quitting my drinking. It scared me. I’m not the kind of girl who needs to be on stage :face_with_peeking_eye: (She mentioned it when we watched “I am not your guru” from Tony Robbins.) I had a vision of me on stage with a microphone and stage fright in front of 1000 of more people :flushed:
Better not.
Enjoy your sunday! :walking_woman:

23 Likes

Thank you Twizzle. I needed that.

2 Likes

Day 11

Good morning :blush: hope everyone is doing well today! Another lazy Sunday here. I will submit an application for a residency on a beautiful island off the coast of Senegal today. Wish me luck! Then I’ll just laze around until we drive back to Berlin later in the afternoon. Ate a lot of flammekuechen yesterday so my stomach is telling me to haul it to the restroom. Have a good one!

24 Likes

Good morning!, Day 187. One of the best things of being sober is enjoying breakfast. I have today a specially gift from Mallorca. I share it with you… in virtual terms :smiley:.

Let’s enjoy the path of sobriety!.

27 Likes

Welcome to the double digits!:confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball:

1 Like

10 days for you, sir!:+1:t2:

2 Likes

All those nice months!:+1:t2:

3 Likes

Good morning from Scotland - a little check in on day 1024…. a little bit of snow fell here last night nothing major, buds are starting to show, can see that spring isn’t too far off… looking forward to that coming in with the lighter nights :blush: have a lovely day,night, where ever you are :ok_hand:

21 Likes

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

Glad I made the best of yesterday by commuting by :bike:. Today we’re back to drizzle and greyness and I’ll catch a :steam_locomotive: :railway_car: :railway_car: to work but I feel a lot better as I did a day ago. Seeing Luna’s cute face when I wake up helps too. As does being here with you all, drinking my morning :coffee:.

31 Likes

345 days! Had the best day today hiking in the rain along the coast. Was so warm and peaceful and no one around.
Hope you all had a great sunday too :blush:

22 Likes

Day 1,003 clean and sober today. Have an amazing day, I love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

24 Likes