Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

I just watched the trailer; that made me smile :blush: it looks to be a very inspiring documentary. Thank you for sharing, i may watch later šŸ«¶šŸ»šŸ«¶šŸ»

2 Likes

You can try to take some GABA and glycine. It should help you to be more relaxed.

2 Likes

ā€œOne other thing of note: Lionā€™s mane mushrooms contain GABA, an inhibitory neurotransmitter that induces relaxation and may have anti-depressant effects*ā€œ

šŸ«¶šŸ» totally; lions mane has many more benefits than just the gaba. Sometimes it is better to find something that has many compounds that work synergistically together and not to separate supplements too much šŸ«¶šŸ»

6 Likes

Its good, i love Stutz sense of humour and some of the tools are fab. It goes a bit daft so far through for about 10 mins but stay with it cos it gets back to greatness, well worth a watch

2 Likes

Day 32

Just another day at the officeā€¦

Restarted to listen podcasts at work. It just win win +plus +plus situation to me. What can be better to learn something new and not loose free time afterwork. Eureka! :nerd_face:

25 Likes

Thats a beautiful testimony to healing. Im glad you shared. Im sorry your wife was triggered at that moment but im sure this will strengthen your bond. Go you! @GOKU2019

4 Likes

Who would ever have thought we could live a life without it :slightly_smiling_face:well done on your 11 months.

2 Likes

I just restarted listening to recovery elevator from the first episode, on the roughly hour and half drive home from work. Learn something from it almost everyday, and it keeps me out of my own head. :+1:

8 Likes

Sounds Good! I will check it out. Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Day 129
Thanks God I went to the dentist! The infection is worse than I thought. She cleaned the area and gave me a Gel that I have to apply the next 2-3 days. If it doesnā€™t get better by the end of the week I have to go there again :slightly_frowning_face:
I really hope and pray that it helps, the pain is no joke now after cleaning :sob:
I hope the day getā€™s better now. When Iā€™m back at work Iā€™ll eat and than work work work :muscle:
Have a beautiful sober day friends and stay strong :kissing_heart::muscle:

26 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 968. I hope everybody has a good one!

23 Likes

Day 927 no alcohol
My no sugar updateā€¦ So after months and months of getting my ass kicked by my sugar addiction I decided to just do every other day no sugar. I know that sounds weak but itā€™s hard just making it through one day. But I can do anything for one day! Itā€™s been a week now and just how great I feel after going one day without sugar is so encouraging to add more days. I mean, I wake up earlier, my body feels energized and not all achy. So maybe after another week of this I will do two days no sugar and then one day sugar. Anyway, at least I am cutting back by 50% right now! And I donā€™t feel like I amā€œfailingā€ so I donā€™t feel like giving up all together. Addiction is one of the hardest things Iā€™ve ever had to overcome! Haha hope you all have a good day.

28 Likes

Day 31. Thanks you all your your kind words on my milestone. I do feel proud of myself for that. The dual diagnosis IOP made all the difference. My drinking was so tried up with my mental health issues. Now trying to tackle the depression and the fact that my sleep is getting worse. I started a new med last week and I know it always takes time for those to start working. Iā€™m just feeling a bit defeated and overwhelmed by life right now. Surprisingly, despite those feelings, I havenā€™t wanted to drink.

27 Likes

Day 0 for tobacco. I will throw away the can. 2 days off of work and the minions lost their freaking mind. Horrible coping skillā€¦had 3 months yesterday.

I should have taken 5 minutes and meditated in the bathroom at work.

26 Likes

Hello all,

Checking in on Day 1,655 sober.

Thanks!

20 Likes

120 days being sober. Almost a quarter year. Only just beginning. I hope you all have a great day :heart:

24 Likes

So proud of you! @Scorpn

2 Likes

Heyy everyone
Day 1.3 sober from weed and 95 days without alcohol

Woke up early which was good
Drank too much coffee too quick not good

I feel strong but Iā€™m a little under the weather

I feel happy I didnā€™t pick up yesterday
If I did Iā€™d still be sleeping

22 Likes

Thank you :heart::blush:

1 Like

I fell to a can of chew after 3 months as well. I keep going a week or two without it then Iā€™ll buy a can. Currently on day 5 no chew. My teeth looked so much better in that three months

13 Likes