Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

Happy Monday everyone! Have an awesome day.

11 Likes

Another rough day at work but Iā€™m not quitting. I donā€™t give a flying ef. If they fire me Iā€™ll be pissed and they will lose someone who wants to be there working

I have two bosses telling me what to do and itā€™s conflicting. I couldnā€™t do my job because of this. Iā€™m really pissed.

Day 16 no weed
Day 122 no alcohol

13 Likes

104 :muscle: got an emergency dentist appointment tomorrow think a bit of tooth left horrible pain :tooth::tooth::tooth:

Panky pain not to bad today still waiting for dietitian as can only manage fortisips

Chilling watching last of us ep 8

Happy sober Monday everyone

9 Likes

Hang in there. Sounds like that situation with the job is out of your control. Iā€™ve been there. You do have control over your sobriety, and thatā€™s more important.

2 Likes

@Planipennia thanks Matti

1 Like

If you really want to quit drinking you wonā€™t put yourself in these situations. Will power has nothing to do with sobriety. My will power could only get me 45 days at the most. Once I surrendered and stopped fighting I was able to get sober. Have you considered a program of recovery or perhaps rehab?

14 Likes

Have you treated your ADHD? You mentioned that last summer. (Glad to see you back!)

I mention that because I have ADHD as well and it is definitely a factor in my addiction.

3 Likes

@SoberWalker Wickie would be good, then one of her nicknames could be Sticky-Wickie :smiley_cat:
@Seb congrats on your week :tada:
@Kdog congrats on 4 years AF :tada::trophy::star2::star2::star2::star2:
@Cjp I can relate :people_hugging: sending strength :blue_heart:
@Minatasha congrats on your year :tada: :trophy: :star2:
@Alycia @liminal.rehab @TryingJoy sending strength to you all :people_hugging::blue_heart:
@Sabrina80 I hope the dentist went okay :blue_heart:
@EFountains congrats on 6 months :tada:

10 Likes

@Hesmyportion congrats on double digits :tada:
@Law1 congrats on 2+ weeks :tada:

938 days no alcohol.
403 days no cocaine.
25 days no vape.

Did my walks and meditations. Had a video call with my dad which was nice.

Going to try to start a new book now, have been meaning to for a while, itā€™s frustrating how hard I find it to make myself do things that I know I enjoy, same re showering, although the reasons for that are very complex.

Hoping to read, shower, then watch my program at 9pm.

:blue_heart:

13 Likes

The therapist and I decided to start smaller and have been treating my anxiety. I did try a few adhd meds (concerta and welbutrin) but they react so strange with meā€¦ cant sleep, get suicidal and very irritable (not me at all).

My anxiety is so much better but my adhd has been a bit of control at times. One thing at a time for now. @matt

3 Likes

I have considered going to meetings. I did virtual ones last time and it was ok. Iā€™d like to attend in-person but walking in solo is a bit intimidating.

I understand that I need to stay away from situations that encourage drinking. It seems its something literally everyone I know does. Every event or outing involves drinking.

3 Likes

Makes sense. Thereā€™s a significant mindfulness element to living and thriving with ADHD.

For me, acceptance has been a huge part of it. I just do not have the same relationship with time and tasks and coordination as most people do. Learning to understand that has helped me find growth in myself.

I think of my mind more like water (compared to more mechanically structured minds, which operate on patterns and repetition and being somewhere on track according to a schedule). My mind, by contrast, is more fluid: it flows and forms to the shape of whatever surround it (like water does). To me this helps me understand why I tend to get riveted by whateverā€™s in front of me, forgetting whatever I had been working on before.

I have also learned that this aspect of my mind is what helps me make unique, innovative, and valuable connections. Because my mind is fluid in this way, it flows between things in ways that connect them, for me, and I can develop that. More mechanical, track/plan-oriented minds donā€™t do that intuitively; my mindā€™s ability to do that is a valuable resource.

Iā€™ve also learned to communicate more about what I am and how I thrive. My wife and I share an online calendar and I tell her (and myself) that if something is not on the calendar it doesnā€™t exist (if you tell me, I will not remember). Also if she (or anyone) asks me to remember something, I directly say, I wonā€™t remember it. If itā€™s something they want me to do I ask them to follow up with me at X time, or I find some other way to share the memory and follow up tasks.

4 Likes

In the end the choice is yours as to what you do. but do understand that the results are also your choice. If you want it bad enough youā€™ll put in the work. Took me a while of immense suffering to get to that point. I hope itā€™s not the same for you.

7 Likes

Insight Timer has some really good meditation tracks for focus and mindfulness.

I find my body is less restless if I walk as Iā€™m listening to them (even if itā€™s just walking back and forth in my basement).

https://insig.ht/kUPDqB7eXxb

1 Like

Yes everything went well :blush: No inflammation, she corrected the filling in the upper tooth (it was too long) and the strange feeling should stop soon. She made an X-ray to be sure, all fine :+1:

3 Likes

Sticky Wickie :rofl: Well a Sticky is a joint in Dutch :sunglasses:

1 Like

Why go to places like that? You make it too hard for yourself by doing that. Make it as easy as possible and avoid every alcohol related event, people and places for a while. So no pub, restaurant, wine section supermarket, drinkingbuddies, festival, party, wedding, whatever. When you have more sober days and are stronger you can do such things again and enjoying them sober.

6 Likes

302, checking in.

13 Likes

Everyone there was new at some point, and they are very happy to see a new person come in!

3 Likes

Day 269 :heart:
Been feeling very emotional past few days. I have little tears. I cried on Saturday because I just canā€™t believe everything that Iā€™ve survived. I thought about all the people who didnā€™t survive. I feel very grateful but so emotional.
Today Iā€™ve been feeling more guilty about things Iā€™ve messed up or missed so a bit different.
Anybody else get this around the 9 months mark?
Keep on keeping on x

17 Likes