Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

Awe thank you!!! I really hope u get time to rest today. Glad ur feeling abit better tho. Just hoping ur headache disappears. Thats definitely not fun to have all day :frowning:

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you and congratulations to you too @DLS!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

Thank you everyone! :grin::sunglasses::metal:t2:

8 Likes

Good morningish. Looks like we are going to get some snow tonight. But then again it may be sunny and 80. Never trust the forcadt haha.

12 Likes

Day 125 no alcohol
Day 19 no pot

I woke up about 4 hours ago and took some medicine. Then I woke up just now and I feel better. Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s the end of my cold. That cold was horrible

Work at 5am tomorrow
I will be there

13 Likes

Tanks for asking.
Not okay.
Donā€™t know what to say.

4 Likes

Youā€™re not alone Julia. Also you are not the only one. Hang with us and keep working your stuff. You will make it stick. Keep going lady x

7 Likes

HUGE congrats on reaching a 1000 sober days Rob. Good times and bad ones. And even worse ones. Drinking never helps. Thanks for being here friend. Love and hugs.

6 Likes

Sometimes itā€™s ok to say nothing, as long as you know you have people here for you :people_hugging: donā€™t let it isolate you thatā€™s how it gets us xx
We all understand, I understand, please donā€™t give up on yourself :pray: stay connected :pray:

6 Likes

Today I really have just chilled and done nothing, I really needed the mental break from my own thoughts and the pressure I put on myself. I did unsubscribe from so many emails that were just of no use to me and kept pinging constantly every day all day, I did this earlier this morning and funny enough itā€™s been so quite, less pressure of so many emails making me feel busier than I really am :rofl:
Going to make some food a bit later and just keep chilling.
It my mumā€™s bday on Saturday, and although we arenā€™t on good terms I am cooking her some quiches for a surprise and my dad is going to collect them, Iā€™ll enjoy doing that Tomo, and this way she knows Iā€™m thinking of her no matter how stubborn we both are she is loved and thought of.

9 Likes

Congratulations to quadruple digits!:astonished::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

How are you doing ? I thought I hadnā€™t seen you post for a few days and was thinking how about you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 159
Mood is slightly better. The tooth is much better! Makes me wanna cook again, and I did it! I prepared a delicious meal and inhaled it haha :yum: The belly is happy because I had no gluten today. Next step: no coffee any more. Harder than I thought :roll_eyes::sob:
And then: start with working out again.
One step at a time :heart:
Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :kissing_heart::muscle:

15 Likes

3 full days down.
Commuting home from a full day at work.
Looking forward to a restful sober nights sleep!
:zzz:

12 Likes

Good morning all, and congratulations to everybody celebrating birthdays; but a super-shoutout to @Rockstar24777 for 1000! Iā€™ve said this before, but you really are a rockstar.

:rofl: I love that! Iā€™m stealing it!

You always have something valuable to add; youā€™re among the most inspiring contribultors here! :hugs:

Iā€™m sorry to hear; Iā€™ll keep you both in my prayers! :pray:

Iā€™m stealing this too! :rofl:

Day 2 (maybe; forgot to reset timer)

Got a late start to the morning. Been using Insight Timer to help me sleep, but I keep waking up 2 or 3 hours later. And it takes forever to get back to sleep. So I was in bed till 10:30am. Did my morning meditation, but Iā€™m still a bit grumpy for no reason. Got an appointment with my job advisor here in a few. A little apprehensive about that but I have to start over somewhere and sometime.
Iā€™ll check in again when I can. :v:

15 Likes

:high_brightness: Morning Check In :high_brightness:
Day 389
Feeling good today. Hope everyone is having a wonderful addiction free day. Will do my actual check in later once the day is almost over. Hugs TS fam!
:butterfly:

16 Likes

Iā€™m fine. :wink:

Thank you for asking!

I started a new job in the last week and have to do work in the morning and learn new skills in the evening. This leaves little time at the moment for anything else. :confused:

6 Likes

Congrats on the new job and glad youā€™re okay too :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Markjackson congrats on 30 days :tada:
@KarenKW congrats on 60 days :tada:
@Butterflymoonwoman thatā€™s some good self-awareness right there :star2: donā€™t let that voice win, stay connected :people_hugging::blue_heart:
@Pickles sending strength :blue_heart:
@Seb congrats on double digits :tada:
@Scorpn congrats on 150 days :tada:
@Nowenbrace I hope your hun is doing better :blue_heart:
@CueBall8n9 congrats on 30 days :tada:
@DLS @Rockstar24777 congrats both on quadruple digits :tada::trophy::star2:

941 days no alcohol.
406 days no cocaine.
28 days no vape.

I did it! I ended things with the therapist today. I couldnā€™t tolerate all the anxiety I had over my feelings towards how unhelpful I had found it with him this far, and how I wasnā€™t getting the opportunity to talk. I didnā€™t say any of this in my email, I simply said I was ā€˜struggling to make it work financially with the cost of living rocketingā€™, which is also true. His reply was amicable. I feel so relieved and it feels like a burden has been lifted and now there is peace in its place. :raised_hands:t2:

It has been snowing and raining non-stop all day, and I really didnā€™t feel like getting wet, but I got myself out for both walks. Iā€™ve also done my meditations and spent some time reading here.

I feel so much better than the past few days, hoping it was just a blip due to the therapy shituation.

:blue_heart:

30 Likes

Oh yeah!!! :metal::metal::metal: Congrats!!! We need to bring some rock music over here!!! Rock on!!! :level_slider::level_slider::level_slider::guitar::drum::notes::notes::notes:

Hope You having a good day!
:fist_right::fist_left:

6 Likes