Checking in daily to maintain focus #53

Checking in on Day 397

24 Likes

Checking in on day 13, yesterday evening was touch & go with mental shenanigans around having a drink (haha, A drink) but I didnā€™t & Iā€™m very happy about that.

17 Likes

Day 25! My headache has persisted since yesterday and prevented me from getting good sleep. My appetite is all over the place but Iā€™m trying to eat every few hours as I think my headache could be blood sugar related. Iā€™m realizing how disorganized my eating was when I was drinking. Aside from that, feeling very good - bloating is down, physical stamina is going up, mood is calm. Thoughts of alcohol or having a drink float through my brain, I observe them, I sit with them, and I watch them float away. Happy sober Friday all :purple_heart::shamrock:

18 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman thank you. :blush: Iā€™m so sorry they didnā€™t find cover for your sonā€™s overnight nurse :people_hugging: proud of you for expressing your feelings here and not bottling them up :blue_heart:
@mewmcmew congrats on double digits for no weed :tada:
@C_8 cool catch :star_struck:
@AlexWayhill congrats on 80 days :tada: sorry about your father, hope heā€™s doing better soon.
@Mno I hope Lunaā€™s check-up went well :crossed_fingers:t2::smiley_cat:
@SoberWalker ā€˜a talkywalkyā€™ :smile: thatā€™s a really nice chip :star_struck: congrats on 4.5 years :tada:
@Juli1 @SelfLove_42 :people_hugging: welcome back both :blush:

949 days no alcohol.
414 days no cocaine.
36 days no vape.

No sleep at all last night, eyes very blurry, so tired but havenā€™t been able to nap.

Iā€™ve somehow still managed to do my walks, meditations, and morning routine.

Wishing you all a wonderful sober weekend. :blush:

:blue_heart:

22 Likes

Mine is a Critter. Do you remember the old movies? Those creatures with tons of teeth and red eyes that rolled around and could shoot thorns out of their back? This. It really helps to give it a picture or a form.

Sometimes we have to completely break down to realize that this way of using isnā€™t good for us. Maybe a moment of shame, fear or something we never forget. The ones I had havenā€™t been hard or dangerous enough, I needed one more. I had that moment while sitting in my Doctors office.
Go on and drink: I die.
Stop drinking: I live.

11 Likes

115 :muscle: chilling playing Elden ring

Happy sober Friday everyone have a good weekend

15 Likes

Happt Friday! Chicago is living up to itā€™s nickname today as the windy city. I need rocks in my pockets just to stop from being blown away haha.

20 Likes

Checking in day 194! Day 2 of the conference went better. About to get my piercing for my 6 months (been trying to get one piercing per month for my first year of sobriety- weā€™ll see if I keep finding space haha).

Should hopefully have a pretty chill night ahead after (I am squeezing in one client but thatā€™s all).

Hope youā€™re all having a fantastic sober Friday!

17 Likes

Checking in stateside with a massive case of jetlag :face_with_spiral_eyes: 644 days AF, though. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

14 Likes

Iā€™m trying to catch up on this thread. Been busy yesterday and today. I first saw it and laughed because I thought you were in day 39.5 but your post was yesterday. I am at 38.5 now so you are 39.5 now. :grin:

If you lose a day I lose a day!!!

7 Likes

Thank you Sabrina! :purple_heart:

I had so many bad momentsā€¦
They were worse enough!
I donā€™t want to hit any rock bottomā€¦

Just donā€™t understand why itā€™s coming out of relaxed situations and why I am acting completely convinced in this moment :exploding_head:
Thatā€™s the addictionā€¦ And to me this one is a real ugly side of its face. Thanks for this picture, there are a lot of good gifs if you search for creature :rofl:

By the way, I am back home safe.
And I never store alcohol in my houseā€¦

Had a good swim workout and found a partner to do some diving sets in the end. That was fun.

10 Likes

Iā€™m two days sober.

I must keep fighting.

21 Likes

Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Welcome Frank! :v:t2:

2 Likes

That doesnā€™t sound good DLSā€¦. You have us if you need to talk

1 Like

Thank you but that isnā€™t mine; i copied it from the person i sent it to, her post.
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 83 for me. Lots of drama it seems like, yet when I pull away and spend time solo or with friends there is none.

I am trying to be like a mountain, the seasons can change around me and sometimes rocks or avalanches will crumble down my sides. Animals come in the spring, and flowers, and sometimes people come and travel to see me yet I can be covered in storm clouds and not visible or accessible to them. But no one says on those days ā€œoh I bet the mountain isnā€™t even there anymoreā€ or ā€œI hate this mountain for having weather that makes it difficult to visit sometimesā€ they just say ā€œperhaps tomorrow will be a clearer dayā€ and then the next day the clouds part and there are maybe waterfalls and streams flowing once again down the mountain face.

Right now my mountain is in a storm and Iā€™m just trying to remain resilient and steadfast, reliable and calm. Tomorrow is a new day and perhaps the clouds will part.

15 Likes

Glad you are here Frank!

This is a great community with lots of love, grace, and support! One of the biggest reasons for my sobriety at this point.

Many people here that have been where we are and are here to help and chat.

2 Likes

353 days.
We made it to the weekend!!
Still not :100: but Iā€™m glad we have some time for rest. There is a Crab Festival happening in my town, we are known for it here. Lots of yummy food and drinks and music happening all weekend. Going to go check it out later on. Heading to the gym and my daughters swimming lesson first up.
Trying to shake work from my brain. Itā€™s hard when it consumes all your thoughts all week. I may have to try meditate for a while today I think.
Much love guys. Iā€™m not far off 1 year again, how exciting. I havenā€™t had a year sober since 2016.

22 Likes

Wow you are so close to the year Point! That has to be exciting! At 38 days you are definitely an inspiration to me and others here.

Congratulations 353 days!

7 Likes