Checking in daily to maintain focus #53

Thanks for the welcome!

3 Likes

Stick around and keep coming back no matter what Frank. You are truly welcome here. A lot of wisdom within the posts from people struggling and who have overcome the struggles by sharing, serving, and encouraging.

We need community!

3 Likes

Thankyou, thatā€™s wonderful to hear. Itā€™s taken a lot of stumbles but I kept trying. And got serious about taking my life back. Weā€™ve all got it in us :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Day 69. Itā€™s been a shitty day but at least I still donā€™t want to drink. Just cry and go to bed.

16 Likes

Ooohhhhhā€¦ā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful imagery @ChristopherP

2 Likes

Whats going on @KarenKW

1 Like

What happened today? U sound really upset :frowning: hopefully u can rest well tonight. Sending u strength and healing

2 Likes

Combination of a lot of things but mostly Iā€™m just feeling extra emotional today. Slept badly and woke up with a headache. Felt depressed this morning and then bf got up in a pissy mood too. He yelled at me for trying to help him with his job search and I broke down. Weā€™ve been snapping at each other all day. And Iā€™ve had a bad headache most of the day. Iā€™m probably overreacting. Going to bed soon and trying again tomorrow.

7 Likes

Good evening friends, day 853. Work was ok. Looking forward to doing little this weekend. It is supposed to rain all weekend so I think Iā€™ll spend the time in my garage.

Iā€™m starting to assemble a big wooden playset for David and Jackie. Iā€™m going to find little parts of it that I can have David help me with. He saw the boxes in the garage and they have pictures of what it is supposed to look like. He really wants to help. I canā€™t say no.

Finishing up a successful day at a meeting. I hope your evening and weekend is awesome! Iā€™ll finish mine sober!

20 Likes

Sorry for the cruddy day. I think you have right idea! Sending hugs

5 Likes

Itā€™s okay. Youā€™re back and thatā€™s what really matters. :people_hugging:

5 Likes

@ChristopherP wonderful analogy with the mountain. Thank you.

2 Likes

@Frank3 Welcome to the party!
@ChristopherP I could swear I remember reading a short Native American story about a man becoming a mountain. Your mental image sounds exactly like it. I believe it was in Mythology of the Blackfoot Indian. If I can remember where I found it, Iā€™ll let you know.

Day 10Ā½
Happy St. Patrickā€™s Day, everyone. It mystifies me, as much as I come in and out of sobriety, that I always end up sober on this day. Not much to report today, as I keep falling asleep in the middle of the day. Iā€™m guessing I just need to find some activity to get out of the lethargy cycle.
One unusual thing happened today. My payee and I were discussing paying off my credit card debt. She wanted my password to get into my bank account. I donā€™t see why she would need that to pay it off, but I gave it to her anyway. Was that a mistake?
Anyway itā€™s a pretty dull night. Nothing to do, no one to talk to. Canā€™t focus enough to read one of my overdue library books. Feel a slight agitation, but that may be due to 3 cups of CafĆ© Bustelo. Iā€™ll probably be awake all night, so I might pop in again later. Till then, have a great sober evening/morning. :v:

11 Likes

Day 252 AF.

Checking in before work. Got 7 early shifts in a row before next weekend. Try to short out a good quit smoking strategy today for my next attemt. Itā€™s gonne be cold turkey for sure this time.

Have great Sober weekend! :v:t2::blue_heart:

17 Likes

Cold Turkey is the best way. You donā€™t really ā€œneedā€ cigarettes but they do ā€œneed ā€œ you and your money. Start a money counter going on them and each time the urge/ crave comes let it wash over you. It wil come. It will be there. It will go away. Smoking puts you in immediate withdrawals for the next cigarette.
When the crave comes take a big inhale of your own breath and do a small breathing exercise. In for five seconds, hold for five, out for five. Concentrate on your body healing and your power. Tell the cigarettes to FRO and you can throw them in the thread. Iā€™ll post the thread. Have a good day. I know you can do this.

8 Likes

Day 8, first day of the new week has been completed. I like doing this everyday, itā€™s about as close as I can come to a meeting. Finally getting some real progress since I injured myself too. Respect to everybody thatā€™s checking in like itā€™s their job, feels good to be around dedicated people. Cheers.

13 Likes

Just checking in on a superhuman/mumma.
@Butterflymoonwoman Dana, sending you a big hug with lots of love and strength.

I see you and I hear you.
:heart:

10 Likes

She shouldnā€™t need it. Change your password and ask the bank to give instructions for a better way.

1 Like

I also have a code word connected to my account as my wallet got stolen a couple of years ago with my social security card in it. I didnā€™t give her the code word, so I doubt the bank will allow her to do anything. Problem is, she can just log on to the website. Youā€™re right though, Iā€™m going to change that while I can.

1 Like