Checking in daily to maintain focus #53

Awe thanks lady! hugs proud of you too!!

4 Likes

Day 26
Hey all. Just a quick check-in since I havenā€™t updated in the last couple of days. Nothing much really to talk about. I did make an appointment on Friday to see a therapist (this coming Tuesday) and for some reason Iā€™m really nervous about it. Iā€™ve waited for this a really long time and I donā€™t know why Iā€™m so anxious. She asked me on the phone to describe my situation in a nutshell, and everything Iā€™d rehearsed just evaporated in my mind. :grimacing: Iā€™ll let you know how it goes. Have a great sober night, all! :v:

20 Likes

Congrats on all thatā€™s going well in your life friend. As to #1 and #2: I feel I read the answers in what you write. Follow your heart. :people_hugging:

6 Likes

#Day 1658 :walking_woman:
Slept very bad, but have to go to work.

Made a walk yesterday to capture my ā€œevery day treeā€
Have a good day all of you! :raising_hand_woman:

20 Likes

Checking in Day 50
Up early today for a singletrack trail ride :" the enjoying mind is like this ":blush: ( and with a good friend to share with)
Quite a bit of effort to load up the truck , prepare and drive to forest ( being wasted this would be near impossible to accomplish). Fun was had and plan for more mindful moments like these.
For what itā€™s worth I asked the bike dealership for help with the bike and they came through and this was on April fools day to boot.
This old fool can still accept a joke or two I hope :joy::joy:
ā€˜Group unity before personal recoveryā€™ - Emotions Anon
Have a great week friends :hugs::heart::sunny:

17 Likes

Checking in the morning of day 338.
Iā€™ve feeling very out of sorts this morning. Iā€™m just back from dropping the kids off across town for a birthday party. They were to be there for 8am and I had planned the journey using public transport. Our bus didnā€™t show so we were a bit late and my daughter gets a bit upset about these things. Then I realised Iā€™d forgotten her swim suit! The family had one extra, so everything is going to be fine, but the feelings that have been stirred up in me are something else. I almost feel like Iā€™m going to be sick, and Iā€™m close to tears.
Iā€™m home now, and starting to level out.
My parents are staying overnight as my mum has a medical procedure in town this evening. I have some housework to do ahead of them arriving.

18 Likes

@Markjackson you are not alone in this fight. I hope you get good news at the dr

6 Likes

Checking in on day 8 only a 4 day working week this week looking forward to a long weekend hope everyone is well staying sober one day at a time :pray:t2:

14 Likes

Big hugs and good thoughts my friendā€¦ understandable that you are a little rattled with company coming or already there( cant see the post while replying to it) . Sorry the day started out discombobulated .
Hold yourself strong, do good for you things, that self care that is ever so important.

Editing to add. If you continue to feel really ā€œdifferentā€ or ā€œstrangeā€ then consider getting checked out.

download (1)

4 Likes

Thanks so much Alisa. Iā€™m already feeling a bit better, I had a lie down on my acupressure mat.
X

7 Likes

Day 1611.
I arrived at the residence. Asking myself if my boss would stay one night here. Anyhow. Need to drop of the car in Nizza and find my way back here. Itā€™s an area I am a bit scared to go by bike but Iā€™ll figure it out.
Thank you all for reading, scrolling by or listening.
I am grateful I donā€™t have to fight a hangover in addition to all of this.

22 Likes

Day :three::zero::six: for me

Past few weeks have been pretty rough tbh, mh issues have been flaring up, fell out with a friend, my auntie died, feeling like im stuck and not making any progress - still didnā€™t drink though - so i guess thatā€™s progress in itself right??
Confident ill make it to One Year this time!

22 Likes

Day 1,025 clean and sober today. Soā€¦ yeah I have a lot of time to pursue many things including writing music, recording new songs, painting, drawing, writing but the thing thatā€™s stumping me is that I just havenā€™t had the drive to do any of those things for a long time now. Iā€™m chalking it up to processing sadness etc but Iā€™m hoping it will pass sooner then later. Iā€™m not into paying a therapist $55/hr to tell me what I already know (she literally told me what I already knew) so here I is. @Apollo_666 i remember you asking about music etc awhile back and yeah bro it really helps me as well I am just having a hard time getting started again, like I have no passion. Maybe the key is to just do it and let the passion come in time idk. Anyway Iā€™m proud of you all and hope you have a kick ass day today. Love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

20 Likes

Checking in on day 3. I hadnt slept well day 1 and 2 but I finally got some sleep last night. I went to another meeting, plan to go again tonight. Im so grateful for the wonderful people and fellowship in meetings and here. Iā€™ve been in therapy for a year now, Iā€™ve never admitted my addiction to my counselor as Iā€™ve been so ashamed, this morning I will come clean to him as well. Iā€™m terrified. But I know I should have been honest a long time ago. I pray God holds my hand today.

16 Likes

Thank you cjp.

2 Likes

Day 307. Livin in a half way house be like. Whoa, were half way there whoa oh, livinā€™ on a prayer livinā€™ on a prayer. I hope some of you sang that as you read it lol. Idk I thought it was goofy. But all is well, got a tattoo to do today so Iā€™ll be posting that after, little nervous about this piece but I know with confidence Iā€™ll be ok. Man itā€™s wild 2 more months Iā€™ll have a year in recovery. I feel peace this time around. Much love everyone

26 Likes

LOL, I definitely sang that in my head as I read it!

5 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1,023. I hope everybody has a good one!

17 Likes

Yep sang it lol @anon53116147 you are puttingbin the work and seeing the fruits of your efforts

3 Likes

41 days AF. Had a VERY vivid drinking dream last night as so many of us do. I was so upset that I had ruined my sobriety. I was at a party and left crying thinking how Iā€™d have to reset my sobriety date and my therapist would be so disappointed. The relief when you wake up and realize itā€™s not true is overwhelming. I say to myself, ā€œit wasnā€™t real, it wasnā€™t real!ā€

Yesterday was the first Sunday in a while I havenā€™t totally dreaded the upcoming week. Not because anything about my toxic job has gotten better, but because Iā€™m learning to let go of how things ā€œshould beā€ and walking that line of what I can vs canā€™t control. It was a beautiful day finally, had a long walk in the morning, then a delicious lunch at a Thai food restaurant, then some errands and watching the womenā€™s college basketball championship game. Then early to bed for some reading.

Our couch is in the repair shop for a week (the frame was apparently damaged when we got it and it snapped), so weā€™ve been using an air mattress. Our cat Smokey has been enjoying it :slight_smile: wishing everyone a good start to the week. I relate to thoughts in your updates of health worries (I have a big phobia of going to the doctor) and anxiety about passion projects (not sure where to start and motivational issues). Iā€™m starting with some coloring like a child, but I find it relaxing and can pop on a sobriety podcast while doing it.

Here is the Smokey pic languishing on the air mattress :joy:

17 Likes