Checking in daily to maintain focus #53

Closing day 39 AF. Watching some march madness on the couch. Turning in early today .

13 Likes

Normally my check in has been closer to end of day. Day 18 AF. Toughest one yet for me. Not sure why. Beautiful sunny day, got some housework done, got some yard work done, went for a run, got dinner planned. And whammo - my husbandā€™s beers in the fridge were calling my name. I didnā€™t answer, but took someoneā€™s advice to have a shower (kinda needed it anyway!). Then found my husband having an uncharacteristically early beer. He has NO issues with alcohol, so no faulting him. All on me. But yeah. Felt I needed a quick check-in to reset my brain.
Take care all!

17 Likes

Woohooo up late on a saturday and not because of drugs or alcohol. Just binged the latest YOU on netflix and im amped.

Its weird not being asleep rn.

11 Likes

Day
159 substance free (edit 160 days)
75 self harm free

Been sick this week. I am starting to get better.
But my mind is not where it should be.
I have had using thoughts, and harming thoughts today.

I had such a good day. I donā€™t know why i feel this way. My addict brain is trying to lure me back into the spiral. I just feel defeated with life. It is always so stressful. I am never able to fully relax. There is always something to think about or doā€¦etc

Sorry, maybe this full on pity party doesnā€™t belong hereā€¦ I just felt like i should write it out

17 Likes

Do you truly believe you deserve good things? If things get good in your life do you self sabatoge?

Im asking from a caring place

3 Likes

Nope. Never have. I believe my children deserve good things.

Hmmā€¦i donā€™t know.
I think i am always trying to make things better. And they have progressively gotten better from, say, childhoodā€¦ But i donā€™t know if i sabotage my happiness. Maybe i do Unconsciouslyā€¦ Because Ii donā€™t ever expect ā€œgoodā€ to be normal.

I also know that this feeling is temporary, but i felt like Iā€™ve been holding things in maybe a little too much. I stopped checking in daily, i felt like i was over sharing maybe, and shut down/upā€¦ And now i feel like i have lost my outlet to process things in life. Itā€™s my own fault. I understand.

A little ramblyā€¦ sorry.

5 Likes

Im happy you are sharing @Scorpn im sorry your addict brain is fucking with you. Just keep doing the next right thing

4 Likes

Thanks @Alycia it was a difficult day.
Just read about the podcast in the book intro so will probably give that a listen also.

3 Likes

Still on the journey

19 Likes

Great show

2 Likes

It got me all amped up on adrenaline and now im having trouble trying to sleep :confused: imma do a meditation. That usually does the trick

4 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry you feel like this. I know you feel totally redfaced, but you didnā€™t hear someone calling your name a few times, so what? Iā€™m sure everyone will have forgotten about it. The asking someone to be your sponsor does feel a bit awkward, but it will happen when it happens. And donā€™t ever take someone saying no, or it not working out personally. People just mesh at the right time, there is not fault on one side.

6 Likes

Itā€™s good youā€™ve written out how you feel. The intrusive using and self harm thoughts arenā€™t so good so Iā€™m glad youā€™ve written that out. Also glad you physically feel better and had a good day. Checking in is beneficial because youā€™re able to write down how you feel, be accountable, share your thoughts and feelings with others who ā€œget itā€ and care for you and your sobriety from your addictions.
Youā€™ve got lots to keep you occupied. Plus all of our minds are our worst enemies lots of the times ( I posted a song called worst enemy in anthem this past week. Maybe Iā€™ll also post it here). Lots of us suffer from that and also accepting that not so good is as good as itā€™s going to get, etcetera. The older you get, I really think that thereā€™s more that gets taken on and harder for free time and relaxing but itā€™s important you have time for yourself even if youā€™re not really alone but doing something you enjoy with others. Quiet time, relaxing time. I vote you get all of you on a five minute ā€œ relaxation/ meditationā€ time. I think it would be nice and something different with a lot of positives for all of you. Life can be hard, then when you add in everything going on all around and all the electronics and, and, and ā€¦ five minutes of relaxation could be good.
Iā€™m glad you checked in, I hope the using and hurting thoughts will go away.
Big hugs. Lots of love.

Donā€™t take each of the words of the song literally, itā€™s just the title.

You are cared for. You are loved. Your sobriety is important and youā€™ve done a great job of maintaining it.

7 Likes

535 Days
Motherā€™s Day today in UK. Itā€™s a sad day for me today with a missing child.
My beautiful son is here at home so Iā€™m not alone.
Anyway I will not be celebrating but Happy Motherā€™s day to those who are :bouquet:.
Instead Iā€™m going to go to fitness class then a long swim to keep busy. Then Iā€™ll come home and cook then get an early night.
The best thing I can do today is not think. Push it all to the back of my mind.

Have a lovely blessed day all :purple_heart:

19 Likes

This song for myself reminds me that what happens to us happens to us, but at some point we have to either decide to let it wound us or let it get us wise.
It made me think that when stuff happens or our greif gets to a certain point it is us who has to take control back of how we react to - how it controls us.
At a certain point we have to pick ourselves up and accept. I donā€™t know lol just what came through my mind listening to it for my situation/life.
Thank you :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

Did my first ride on my road bike in months yesterday. Forgot what a smooth ride it is. Love it. Bike been payed for by me not smoking. They said back when I got it should last me something like 5 years. Which will be in June. No way Iā€™ll quit riding it now already. Even though I could afford a new one thanks to not drinking too. X

26 Likes

cycle by for a cup of coffee :smiley:

4 Likes

Iā€™d like that. Normally I ride around your town, but for you Iā€™d make an exception :slightly_smiling_face:.

10 Likes

I am sorry your meeting didnā€™t go well. What you felt about it. From my experience, your embarrassment is a real feeling, yet often when I ask people of their perception they tell me a completely different story. And I can reframe it. I hope you give it another try. And I am not talking from an AA point of view, solely from feeling awkward.

5 Likes

That would be nice. It is a short cut through Heemstede and back to the beach

2 Likes