Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

This comment is so helpful!!!

You are so right, I am stucking in my comfort zone and doing mostly just the things I love.
Itā€™s a bit funny, that this doesnā€™t only fit for the sobriety journey, but also for other parts in my life!

I will add a new category ā€œthe workā€ in my planning and figure out today what this will be exactly to me.

Thanks for this 360grad turnaround perspective. Eye-opener!

This post will for sure help others too!

Much love :black_heart::panda_face:

17 Likes

Congratulations @ShadowFax on your days sober and how wonderful you get to celebrate it in such an awesome and memorable wayā€¦ out on another journey!

5 Likes

@Twizzlers Be okay my friend. Missing you and missing your words too. Big hugs and lots of love.

6 Likes

Itā€™s the addiction trying to jolt you into action, to make you get your fix. Acknowledge that this is what it is, then go to your sober toolbox. What do you normally do if youā€™re being triggered? You have to get yourself out of this mindset by proactively dealing with it.

Day 11 is fantastic, you just need to keep going. Get today done. Itā€™s so much easier to keep going than to start again.

You got this Corey :muscle::slightly_smiling_face::heart:

7 Likes

I had to check to be sure which sober day Iā€™m on, which is a good sign for me. I donā€™t care about alcohol, and Iā€™m in defence mode again. Nothing is going to take my sobriety away from me. Day 15, 9.5hrs.

Have a happy sober day my friends :heart::people_hugging:

14 Likes

Glad to hear you got sth out of it. :pray: Hereā€™s some stuff worth combing through.

Resources for our recovery
Recovery Elevator and The Recovering by Leslie Jamieson were my favs.

The No1 thing that allowed me to turn my inner and outer life around is being in psychoanalysis. Iā€™ve been with my therapist from day one of my recovery but it took months to get with her. One could say that I (without knowing it then, unconsciously) took steps to get sober months before I actually did. I feel Iā€™d perhaps be dead now without my therapy.

I personally also think youā€™d benefit from an accountability buddy. Someone to text or phone when you have cravings.

Best of luck. Will be seeing you here. :fire:

14 Likes

@Alisa @Mno @Juli1

Thank you so for reaching out.
Iv been as bit depressed the past few days and isolating myself unintentionally.
Iā€™m going to get up, do my routine of tidy, cook pop to the shops then Iā€™ll be on here to catch up.
Last night I was missing being here but was very tired.

:people_hugging: Thank you for thinking of me that makes me smile :blush:

14 Likes

:people_hugging::purple_heart::people_hugging::purple_heart::people_hugging::purple_heart::people_hugging::purple_heart::people_hugging::purple_heart:

8 Likes

As a said before, keep coming back. From there on keep going!I :wink::+1:t2:

7 Likes

Day 113.

Thank you @JazzyS @Catmama23 @LeeHawk @GenG for your replies and support and validation the other day.

Iā€™m back in my home town, at my parents house and while last time I was only a couple of weeks sober, I was coping a lot better. Now Iā€™m just an anxious mess of a human being.

Itā€™s all so very complicated and all I wanna do is hide inside reddit and read fake stories about assholes. But thatā€™s not healthy. And I scored a brand new client this week, so I canā€™t start making excuses this early in our professional relationship. So I need to pull myself together.

I decided to go back to basics. This morning I meditated for the first time in over a week. It helped a little. Later Iā€™m gonna go for a walk. But first, I need to shower and clean my hair. Baby steps and kid gloves.

18 Likes

Been a tough few days with alot of different things going on in my life but still kicking along.

10 Likes

@Alisa @JazzyS

Thank you both for this great advice and youā€™re both absolutely right :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I also put on an outfit I feel great in today and that reminded me that itā€™s not about being seen. I get dressed up to express myself and connect to my creativity; I wear clothes that tell a story about me and spark joy in me and those that see me. And yes you did miss the day 60 outfit but itā€™s a bit racy for the forums. I did turn heads and leave mouths agape in mid conversations but most importantly I felt amazing in it and it sparked joy in the people around me.

This is todayā€™s brunch outfit

25 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1,057. I hope everybody has a good one!

19 Likes

Love the outfit! Never thought Iā€™d say that to someone wearing crocs but oh my, you are rocking it! :heart:

7 Likes

Day 20, checking in.

Iā€™m working today, but itā€™s ā€˜the Q wordā€™ (not saying it, not tempting fate!) and some of my favourite colleagues are in which means fun chats all round. I work from home so miss out on the office environment, but have made some pretty awesome relationships with really cool people up and down the country through working here. One of the reasons I love my job so much!

I watched the coronation yesterday as planned (as I previously mentioned Iā€™m so far from a royalist itā€™s hilarious - Iā€™ve just got all swept up in the excitement from watching too much BBC news :laughing:). I also made homemade cowboy burgers which were insanely good.

Feeling pretty sweet at the moment. Another day off tomorrow which will be nice! Plans so far include; sleeping, pressing snooze on my alarm, and sleeping some more

19 Likes

Congrata on Day 20! Keep up the great work.

6 Likes

Checking in sober odaat

12 Likes

Crocs thoā€¦ā€¦
Only kidding, you look wonderful! X

4 Likes

Crocs and socks even :joy:

6 Likes

Wow. Congratulations on 340 and new adventures ahead as a college student. Great news Mike.

21 Likes