Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

1,335 Days of Recovery

I just don’t like myself today. Why was I born this way? Why do ppl have to be so mean? Why can’t ppl have boundaries?

20 Likes

Hello friends. Checking in on day 714. What a day. Rode my bike to the lake this morning to work in the quiet sunshine. Then I went to the hardware store to plan out a drip irrigation system for my dinky little vegetable garden. Then to pick up my partner from a garden store. As we were loading the car, a lady backed into it. No one hurt, thankfully, but now the trunk won’t close properly :rofl: such is life.

Hope everyone has a good start to the weekend :blue_heart:

20 Likes

sounds like you had a great day - try not to over think it about the job and try to have a good weekend…sending positivity your way :smiling_face:

4 Likes

How are you my friend? :hugs: It’s good to have you here for a start, we’re a like a family of you’s in different shoes :heart: Your very existence is the most precious gift you could ever imagine! And that impossible spark of consciousness is so short, we have no idea what magical chance we’re part of here… First and foremost, you are your only judge in this life! :wink: What some other people may or may not think is so ironically irrelevant, how does that change you or all your wonderful potential? Only you can! First of all, you are the most unique, precious, amazing thing you know in this life! Learn to love, accept, embrace, respect and appreciate that beating heart, those expanding and contracting lungs and that conscious mind of yours my friend… I’m not quite sure of the context you meant when you said the way you were born, or people being mean with no boundaries. What actually happened? I’m sorry to hear that and nobody deserves that buddy. But you’re so much better than that! :pray: What about trying some meditation? Even just 5-10mins, just to spend time with your thoughts, feelings and self… It’s not the world that’s important, but your perspective on it in the end :wink:

12 Likes

Good Morning one and all,

I’ve found some interesting clip on YouTube about childhood trauma and addiction.

I put it in here, because I don’t know a specific thread for this topic. If some mod knows a better place, please feel free to move it.

Have a nice day, all of you!

15 Likes

Awake early so I can go and bike a long one. Sober and clean.Have a good weekend. Love you all. X

34 Likes

#Day 1711 :walking_woman:
Not much to tell. Had a day off yesterday. Did some housechores and walked towards the goldsmith class in the evening.

Busy with casting silver in sepia. De wooden round is the example for the pendant. The white stuff is the sepia were I’m going to make a mould in using the wooden “pendant” I made.
Next week I’m going to cast it in silver.
Today? Work.
Have a good saturday all :raising_hand_woman:

25 Likes

Day 56
Doctor appointment went well. Got some blood work done, so it’ll be interesting to see how things turn out. I’m grateful to be sober another day :smiling_face:

23 Likes

Morning,
Checking in on day 433. It’s a beautiful day here in Cheshire, England. Got work this morning then hopefully relax in the garden :sparkling_heart:

16 Likes

I still can’t believe what happened to me this week. But it feels so good, I feel after really long time so happy.
Meet my boyfriend. I asked him to date together yesterday, he said yes. <3

27 Likes

Checking in sober :pray:t2:

21 Likes

day 250

Still here, still AF, 2 days vape free too.
Trying to kick the nic as well now.

Im very grateful for the life I get to live now.
Heres some before and now for you.

This was taken by a friend of mine, who has been sober for years, we worked away from home alot where I would eventually dive very deep into my addiction of drinking and often be found this way.

To now! Taken tonight sober on a sat eve just chilling with my wife watching a bit of tv and eating good.

26 Likes

Day 1,079 clean and sober today. Thank you all for the support yesterday. I spent most of the day napping and bought some art supplies and tried my hand at painting. Looks horrible but it was relaxing and soothing so that’s a win in my book. I think the medication might be starting to kick in as I was able to get housework and laundry done and even eat something too. My sleep is improving as well with the new nighttime medication and I have a follow up appointment with my doctor this Tuesday. Thank you again for all of the love and support I appreciate it and love you guys. Have an amazing day today :sunglasses::metal:t2:

28 Likes

Day 238

Beautiful weather outside but I’m staying inside. The meds I have to take for my backpain make me a little dizzy, but they’re helping (and luckily non-addictive).
It’s already a bit better than yesterday, baby steps. I hope I can have a walk on Monday. This time I don’t want to make step nr. 2 before step nr. 1.
Besides that I’m fine, no cravings :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I hope you’re having a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :kissing_heart::muscle:

23 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1,077. I hope everybody has a good one!

17 Likes

Day 1665 I think.
Just came back from a hike and on my way home I stopped at the grocery store and met my boss here. Having 4 bottles of wine/sparkling wine or whatever and some other things and making a joke somehow on how without sports and alcohol it wouldn’t be possible. I think some years ago I would have joked with her. Now I somehow don’t feel like this. Makes me more think.
Well, I am grateful that you can meet me in any store now and there is nothing I have the feeling to justify for.

25 Likes

Looks like u were up before the sheep. Ha

Have a nice day

8 Likes

1st day back here in months. I’m not worried about relapsing, just needed people.

Day 194.

27 Likes

@Planipennia thank you for sharing
@icebear sorry about the car – hope its not an expensive fix. I know that I’ve recently had a few scratches and now 2 dents in mine (not sure from what or who – a lot of traffic in our tiny parking lot at work) but I do know that I don’t care and am not in any hurry to fix em. Of course mine our cosmetic so I can wait on this but the main thing is that I didn’t get all angry about it and laughed it off like you have – love the acceptance we get from sobriety)
@GenG so glad that the doc appointment went well – enjoy your weekend.
@nastya_is_fighting Happy for you my friend. Glad your week is going well and you are feeling good.
@Rockstar24777 I am so thrilled to hear that you got through yesterday with a little self-care and that your medications are starting to take effect. Watch out now – Your old vibrant self is going to shine through - just be ready :wink
@Brian1965uk welcome back Brian and yeah – we all need people – glad you are back with the community

Checking in on Saturday Morning
Doing what I can to stay ahead of my feelings and work on them as they arise. I’m enjoying my hot cup of coffee and debating making a berry smoothie now. No urges to speak of for now and let’s hope it stays that way …. Have a fabulous day – sending much love

20 Likes

Day 13 and going strong, more optimistic about life :grin:

21 Likes