Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

Hey all, checking in on day 1,048. I hope everybody has a good one!

16 Likes

Day 1,050 clean and sober today, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

22 Likes

Day 75 AF
Feeling the feels and grateful to be curious through meditation to just watch and not identify. Remembering I am a mind body process
No permanent self no separate self
With joyful appreciation to be alive and learning from ā€˜spirit guidesā€™ letting go and not demanding
Enjoy the ride fellow traveller :hugs::hugs::hugs::peace_symbol::heart:

19 Likes

Day 81 ā€¦ checking in. All is well

15 Likes

:sun_behind_small_cloud: Morning Check In
Day 439
Morning TS fam! Busy day ahead of me :slight_smile: Have a big grocery shop to do and a workout. Some basic cleaning and maybe a nice lavender bath. Have work this weekend so need to prepare for that. Not much else for the day!
Have a great addiction free day!
:butterfly:

15 Likes

Wow!!! Congratulations on ur 1 year!!!

4 Likes

@Catmama23 good on you for jumping back on after the relapse. Keep in mind that that relapse will make it much easier for you to relapse again n, but in the flip side, resisting a relapse builds the muscle to avoid them even further.

There is a ā€œwomen of AAā€ private group on TS if you would like to join. I find it helpful.

5 Likes

Good morning to all, stay strong and congrats on making it another night sober or also if your starting a new life today. Im in that danger stage of 8 to 10 days but staying strong even though I woke up grumpy. The kids are out of school so the routine I set up the last week was interrupted but I have to adjust. Iā€™m excited about going to see my mom this weekend I donā€™t remember the last time I saw her that I had been sober for a week. Oh and in Houston they sell Salvadoran pupusas if you donā€™t know what it is look it up and youā€™ll see why Iā€™m excitedā€¦youā€™ll want to go find the nearest restaurant Lol. Have a great day family stay positive and letā€™s enjoy our blessings

6 Likes

Surrender.

That is the paradox of recovery we get the most power in letting go of control. We can not control this disease, not any part of it. Once we can come to terms with that its like a weight is lifted off our shoulders. The more I try to control it, the more it fights backā€¦

I am powerless over addiction.

What is addiction? The obsessive thoughts, and impulsive actions run by our disease. We need something outside of ourselves, much bigger than us to help us. We can not do this alone.

13 Likes

This was written so well. I agree 100% to what u said about surrender

3 Likes

Happy Friday! Have an awesome day

6 Likes

You and yours have definitely earn some quality time and quality in life!:wink:

4 Likes

Do you look undead in the morning?:astonished::wink:

No water and no internet, too? What was happening in NRW?:thinking: Sounds definitely shitty?

I tought you work at an ophthalmologist? Why get people diarrhoea from the medication?

4 Likes

Day 200 sober!
I am so happy to be here! So happy to be growing and healing!

Today is my wedding anniversary (lol, Facebook memories) to my mentally unstable ex
Today is my exā€™s (husband) motherā€™s birthday
Today I go to work, and from the outside looks like a regular day.

But today I have more stable relationships with my kids
Today I am happy with the person Iā€™m becoming
Today I am making an appointment for my job to move up, and get a promotion!
Today I donā€™t hate myself!
Today I can actually smell the coffee!

And that is the difference of my days using, and my days sober
I hope today is great for all of you here!
I love yā€™all :heart::people_hugging:

21 Likes

Thank you!! I do have alot of hard days but i really try to focus on the positive and ive been working extra hard on finding healthy coping techniques for my emotions. Im a work in progress haha how have u been?

5 Likes

Day 1

Checking in to be sober from

• alcohol
  • toxic relationships
  • eating drama

I am sober. Was at the hairdresser and feel like reborn now (was 2 weeks overdue!)

Made some satisfying paleo stuff to eat.

I think I will have some first relaxing rounds after covid at the pool tonight. :swimming_woman:t2:

Thinking about getting a TV again. I sold both my TVs last year when some ugly person started this shitty war and I was not able to consume the media anymore.

Much love - and peace for sure :black_heart::two_hearts:

13 Likes

Hell yes lady!!! Congratulations!!! I cant believe time is going by sooo fast! U have cone such a long way from when u first joined TS. Im incredibly proud of u!

2 Likes

I just love this post! :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you @LeeHawk i appreciate that so much and yes Iā€™d love to join. I am frightened that I relapsed but also feel more determined than before to not let it happen again. I feel like garbage today and I hate putting myself though this. Even with just one relapse I caused damage. Iā€™m going to ask for a sponsor or temp sponsor ASAP and start the steps. What a horrifying disease.

2 Likes

Checking in after not being on here for a while. On the 1st of may I will be 5 months sober!!
Last time I was on here I was having a crisis with my personal life and managing it all.
Thankfully I can say I didnā€™t take the easy road out and drink and pushed through and me and my family are in the best place now with lots of love and support.
Sending all the love and support in the world to everyone trying to put their best foot forward. X.

EDIT. just redownloaded the app rather that using the Web and my counter is coming up 4 months not 5 :roll_eyes::joy: sober since the 1st Jan. Got confused it being the 5th month in the year. Either way Iā€™m chuffed :joy:

10 Likes