Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

Day :two::two: :bow_and_arrow:

So on Saturday catched some king of virus. Probably from my mother because she was sick whole week and symptoms seems similar. Nothing really bad, better than yesterday - not as good as tomorrow! It’s good that we don’t need to go to work today, so spending time in bed.

20 Likes

Have as good a day as you can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

One day off. My house´s a mess. Just like my head is. I made the best of the one day of true spring yesterday by taking a scenic bike route to work and race home around midnight. Which was nice. But I´m really tired now.

Well. Let’s start by doing some house chores today and see where it will take my head. At the very least I know that using or drinking wouldn’t help me.

@Deelzebub Huge congrats Delia! Awesome numbers!
@Cjp You’re there now friend! HUGE congrats on your full sober year and enjoy your hike!
@SoberWalker have a good trip & enjoy the sunshine :sun_with_face:
@ShadowFax Have a good adventure friend. It will honestly be much better without the drink. Promise.

24 Likes

Thanks you! I will try to upload some foto’s in the Hiking Club topic when possible :wink:

4 Likes

Day 988 :four_leaf_clover:

Have a happy and peaceful day

18 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1,051. I hope everybody has a good one!

17 Likes

I’ve been wanting to stop forever and my wife and I been drinking for 38 years until I finally stopped right before my 60th bday. She still likes it. We were evening then afternoon evening drinkers. Then lunch afternoon evening. Being retired there was no stopping us now. We started drinking all day. Well I’ve thrown a wrench into things now being sober. She still supports but she’s gonna drink. I was at first kind of afraid to tell her because I thought I’d fail. But I was so grateful to wake up each morning without a hangover and clear headed and I started loosing weight. And it didn’t seem right sneaking it from her. So we had a good talk. But she’s gonna drink!! It wasn’t bad me not drinking. I mean it was hard stopping. But the support here was and is so lovingly wonderfully magical I kept feeling better and better and I got my life back. I struggle with her drinking now so I go to Al-Anon because it’s a family disease and her drinking has been dominating my life. And I’m learning that’s on me.
I can’t control it.
I can’t cure it.
I didn’t cause it.
I’m happy you found us.
We got your back.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

24 Likes

I am sorry you feel this way. Please,try to be kind to yourself @Catmama23 . I feel that love is a verb,an action if you will. When you have doubts and frustration what do you do ? This is something that has helped me,"Happiness or suffering depends on my response to conditions, not on conditions themselves. " Love yourself as I love you. :heart:

Checking-in on day 370

14 Likes

You need some time out from Nick but not forever, I had a mate who I knew would persuade me to have one for old times sake and there were places I couldn’t go but give yourself some time and tell Nick your motives so he doesn’t think your just being an arse. He may well become more of a help than a hindrance but either way your sobriety has to come first so that everything else doesn’t have to come last. Now I can hangout with my mate again and even yesterday I took my better half out for a pint in the pub. I fancied a drink for a few seconds and then enjoyed a much more refreshing pint of blackcurrant and lemonade. It all just takes time.

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing this with me :pray: It is a shame your wife won’t join you. I know she’s entitled to her choice, but sometimes these choices effect other people. Even if drinkers don’t become rowdy or a nuisance in some way, there are other ways it effects others. Do you worry for you wife’s health?

My husband has high blood pressure and is on medication for it. He’s only turned 41, but he’s been on medication since his mid thirties. He has sleep apnea and a little overweight. I know alcohol is a big aggravating factor.

Consistent alcohol abuse shaves years off people’s lives. I don’t want anything to happen to my husband, and I’m sure you feel that way about your wife too.

Its great you’ve embraced your sober life Eric, I’m really happy for you :pray::heart:

9 Likes

Day 1,053 clean and sober. So I am weighing all of the pros and cons but it looks like moving into my Jeep and stealth camping is the only way I’m going to be able to achieve my goals. Yes it’s going to suck and be extremely uncomfortable for awhile but I want to have a beautiful life and it’s the only I can see to be able to save enough money to move to Washington the right way. I can’t stand it here anymore and all of my money is going to rent, utilities, gas and a little bit of food. It’s absolutely fucking depressing. Anyway, I hope you all have a great day today, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

21 Likes

Day 212

I just had a good cry in the bathroom. As some of you may know, I suffer not only from Hashimotos but from Psoriasis too. It’s on my feet and scalp.
It got worse after I had too much sugar for some weeks. Whatever I put on it, it didn’t help.
So I tried something, I started to take vitamin d3, k2 and magnesium regularly again. I took a higher dosage of vitamin d3 as I use to.
This morning I saw that the skin on my feet is healing and it seems that no new spots come up.
I’m sure that the reduction of stress plays a role too.

For now I’m just happy and munch some of the pancakes from yesterday.

Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :kissing_heart: :muscle:

22 Likes

All the luck for your coming approach!

3 Likes

@Deelzebub A big old high five for one year freedom from alcohol. Just amazing.

@Cjp Holy crap, where did the year go? Celebrating in one of the most breathtaking sites in the US sounds like a great way to celebrate. Think about it, if you had continued drinking, would you have made it to the Grand Canyon? I know I wouldn’t have. I was in a self-made prison for the last two years of my drinking (pandemic helped the isolation). I traveled more my first two years of sobriety for pleasure (not business) than I had in the prior five years while drinking. The traveling was so much more enjoyable sober.

9 Likes

All the time :grimacing:
I’m learning there’s not much I can do about it though. We’ve got a lot off addiction in our immediate family and all of her family. It can be hard. Most of my story is over here. Are you affected by a loved one who’s an addict?
I don’t want to repeat myself. It’s not a personal thread. It’s for anyone.

It’s great to have fresh sober eyes around here to help me continue my sober journey.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

10 Likes

9 months :tada:

24 Likes

Checking in family…I love to hear your milestones. I had a rough weekend feeling ill on days 10 through 12 I don’t know if it was part of detoxing or a bug but it sucked bc when I felt sick my go too med was always alcohol. To top it off I forgot my charger and had no phone for 24 hours and the only thing I missed was reaching out on here with you guys. The spouse topic is hard. I’ve been with my spouse 20 years got my first DWI and first visit to AA…3 months after meeting her. This should have been a red flag for her but for the first 6 months after that as we started dating I was sober and that’s who she fell for. I haven’t been six months sober since and a month sober maybe a couple times. I think she still believes that I will one day stay sober but she stopped trying.she doesn’t care if I drink or don’t…at most she tells me to behave which you guys know that’s impossible. When she does talk about it she’ll break down and just says that she doesn’t want to find me dead because I was diagnosed with cirrhosis 4 years ago. I include her and am honest with her about things like this app bc I hope somewhere deep down inside it gives her hope and inturn that gives me hope. It reminds me like you-all do that it is possible. For now I’m gonna make it one more day and enjoy recovery.with you guys.

12 Likes

Thank you friend! Ur absolutely right. All of our senses can play a roll in us being triggered. Thank you for your support :slight_smile: i do feel better after a good rest. Hope ur doing well :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Checking in…85 days today… ill be hitting my 90 day milestone this week which is super exciting and motivating!!! Just wanted to say thank you for all the support and kind words ive recieved from this family of survivors!!! Have a great day every one… we got this ODAAT!!!

18 Likes

Checking in on day 83 sober. I’m feeling run down and tired lately. I know it has to be the stress of knowing that the business is closing down end of June. I know everything will be ok but I must me sweating it subconsciously. That’s all I can figure.

Other than that everything is great!

15 Likes

Follow me!
Big hug :hugs:

12 Likes