Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

Wonderful explanation. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Congratulations :clap::tada::clap:. Fantastic stuff!

4 Likes

Day 999

Last day of triple digits! Was woken by the sound of retching from child’s futon and had to sprint to get a sick bag, and then clean up dirty pillowcase and hair. Gonna be a quiet day at home I guess, which was the plan anyway, really. Also plan to dye my hair, I am so grey these days, I am only 41!

32 Likes

Day 236!
My phone hasn’t been working so I disappeared for a bit​:upside_down_face: new phone though and still sober and working through my feelings :+1:t2:

16 Likes

Checking in
Day 447
Feeling slightly off routine lately. I think it was 2 days ago that i mentioned in a check in that i didnt do my morning recovery routine. Well i still havent done it. I havent had any urges to use but still… i have a daily reprieve from my addiction and i must work on it each and every day. Even at least a bit. Addiction is sneaky and it doesnt take long for it to try and find its way back in.

Health wise Im doing surprisingly well. But my mind has been prepccupied. Its playing funny games with me when it comes to how much i am eating. I track everything i consume and i feel like im still eating too much. But what I see on my calorie counting app, seems healthy for me. These mind games are not anything serious as i am focused on listening to my body but its more of a nuisance to have to deal with it. Will be attempting to drink black coffee tmrw so that my morning coffee (usually with sugar and creamer) doesnt interfere with my Intermittent fasting.

Today i didnt work as hubby had to tattoo. So i stayed home with our son. Took him to get his eyes checked bcuz hes having issues with them again (dry eye irritation). Have another treatment plan in place for his eyes. Hoping it helps :slight_smile: the office there was very nice!

Plans for the rest of the day involves some laundry and supper prep. Im really feeling tired today so once i get this done, ill probably just take it easy.

Have a great day/night TS fam!
:butterfly:

25 Likes

Day 66,

A good restful day. Watched a 4 hour mini series on elephants and played video games. Now about to tuck in to a good book. Break from exercise since Friday and until Monday because my body is asking for it.

I have been future projecting about the summer and a lot of the situations involve alcohol. So much of me being sober is me staying home and not really being in social settings. However, I know I’m gonna want to go out and be seen this summer because I enjoy I expressing myself through clothing and turning heads (I already have several looks planned out and now I’m just ironing out the details and securing the pieces I need to make my vision a reality—my theme for the summer is monochrome chic, I’m so excited).

I’ll get to that bridge when I get there I guess. Good night!

26 Likes

Omg! Im soooo excited for you tomorrow! Quadruple digits in the near horizon!

5 Likes

@DryIn785 how are you doing my friend? How are you enjoying Citadel? Did you watch Avatar “the way of water” I know this is a hit and miss for many but I really enjoyed it. Cool effects for sure!
@zzz Thank you my friend for your post- really is making me want to learn more about astrology. Hope the best for you and your girlfriend – however you choose to move forward with your relationship. It may be wise to not make any major decisions during this time. We do have to remember that although me were hurt and mistreated in our past relationships, we can’t close our heart forever in an effort to protect it. We do have those out there that will nourish us and want us to flourish but this can only happen if we let them in. Just my two cents.
@CATMANCAM man alive – look at that number for af!!! So excited for you. Wishing you the best for a healthier you. We can do this!!! Hope your meditations and walks helped your mood.
@Misokatsu – another amazing number to celebrate tomorrow – Sorry you were awoken by a sick child. Hope your child is feeling better now and you did indeed get a relaxing day at home. What color are you going for (hair dye)? If you are doing at home – careful to cover surfaces before starting – no matter how careful I am – I always end up getting some on the floor or counter :rofl: I started getting grey at 13 so have been dying hair at home with home kits since – had to stop for 1 year last year trying to eliminate causes for my health issues and almost let the grey take over :thinking: Have fun with the coloring – enjoy the experience but remember grey doesn’t mean old – and for some it is a very distinguishing look.
@Spierce welcome back! Keeping working the feelings … its better to deal with them head on rather than bury — we are here if you ever need to talk them out.
@Butterflymoonwoman Ido hope you were able to get some rest and take it easy today. You are already on top of the solution – skipping your routine from time to time is ok but making that a habit can be hazardous to relapses. Wishing you the best in your continued recovery.
@liminal.rehab You seem like a social butterfly to me and you can’t clip those wings simply because you are becoming sober and choosing a heathier life. Go out – Be seen – Show off that monochrome chic look. … prepare yourself mentally for the social gathering and have your go to tools ready to help keep you from relapsing. Enjoy your relaxing weekend my friend.
Checking in today…
136 days alcohol and weed free
551 days cigarette free
Started the day with some energy and treated myself to a double espresso and some mediation. The energy did not last long and I have been super weak and exhausted today. Had to stay home again from work (this is turning into a habit that I do not like). I am not reaching for the alcohol or going out to get cigs – Took a shower after my brother made me, cut my nails shorter so that they wouldn’t do any further damage and now doing some breathing exercises. Crazy how the day turned on me. I had to cancel tomorrow’s plans to go with my brother and his toxic gf to celebrate my sis and brother in law tomorrow – not totally torn up with this decision as I do not want to around any sort of toxicity especially when I am not 100% to ward it off. I am still managing to make the most of my Saturday evening. Thanks to all of you I am one more day free of addiction - every time I wanted to give in I kept thinking I wouldn’t be able to add to my numbers in my check in…I do hope this thought keeps deterring me.

21 Likes

Yeah im 35 but im 1 year sober sooooo i pierced my ear lol forever young

31 Likes

Love it!!! Yup - age is nothing but a number :hugs:

6 Likes

Looks great! I like the earring u chose!

5 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: hubbys not wild about it but he’ll get over it

7 Likes

This is probably a top 10 all time post for this forum. You should get the mods to pin this to the top of every thread.

18 Likes

Day 88 sober today. It’s been a great day. Getting ready to turn in for the night.

17 Likes

Checking in with (nearly) 67 days AF. And oh what a day it was! Got running water back to the house! Very nice that guys showed up at 5:30am to start digging trenches so when the plumber showed at 11:00am he could hit the ground running. Finished up by 5:00pm. Very expensive day, but I got to do laundry (such a thrill). Landscaping still required, but that’s just frill. So glad I don’t have to plan to shower at the gym tomorrow. It is SO the little things in life. Now for some SleepyTime tea :wink:
Take care all!

17 Likes

Idk if im manic or just still in go go go mode from vacation. Either way today was productive: grocery shopping, laundry, bought new glasses, got a new pedicure, fueled up my subaru, cooked healthy lunch and dinner, got my ear pierced, now waiting for hubby to come home from work.

I hope i can sleep tonight :confused:

15 Likes

That is a full day!! I’m sleepy just reading it all! Hope you have a restful night :pray:

4 Likes

#Day 1691 :mask::face_with_thermometer:
Still in Spain, but sick. Bummer :woozy_face:
Slept bad and started the day with painkillers.
I think I’m not doing much today…

Picture of yesterday. Didn’t feel well at that time already. My friend wanted to go to Barcelona, but I didn’t so we decided to split up.
Hope I feel better soon, thuesday I have to travel again :crossed_fingers:

24 Likes

Oh noo, that sucks. I hope you get better soon. :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

It IS important to protect your sobriety by avoiding triggers, however, you could begin to change your wording to “my theme for the summer is SOBER monochrome chic, I’m so excited”
And get excited about that!
You are early in your sobriety, but you are studious… teach yourself to love the sober DJ and not want to give that up. You will be the cool one strutting your stuff and enjoying your life without the yuck baggage of alcohol. You will look even the more cool bc you are not slurring your words, stumbling your steps and you are just right on top of it. Hopefully you can get excited about it not having alcohol, other wise be careful and be aware xo
Did I miss you in your 60 outfit? I hope you had a good time!

Hope you will feel better and better and this is for you too, @JazzyS , sorry your days are so hard.

Argh @SoberWalker get well quickly, like today!!

@ everyone, good going on each day away from your drug, or behavior of choice!

12 Likes