Checking in daily to maintain focus #55

33 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1,080. I hope everybody has a good one!

26 Likes

Thank you so much. :heartbeat:

Im going to look into finding some meetings to go to. Thank you for the link you gave me, it should send me in the right direction. I appreciate the support everyone has been showing me. I feel like im on the right path in my recovery journey especially knowing im not alone. :heart:

11 Likes

Itā€™s okay to release in recovery. Itā€™s part of recovery. Youā€™re not alone. I believe in you. :heart:

10 Likes

Hi Julia. No shame is needed. No reset neither. No judging here. To err is human. We are awesomely human as recovering addicts/alchohlics. Love is all I need. Love is all you need. Love Love Love pretty sure The Beatles had it right. Imho you do not have to start over or reset . To me counting days,months and years is a suggestion and a tool. Useful to the person counting but really no one elseā€™s business. Just an opinion. Be kind to yourself. Dust yourself off and get back in the saddle and ride on. One day at a time! You got this. We got you. I am 400 days free from craving. Free from suffering. It really only matters to me and maybe,big maybe,might help a fellow addict to see possibilities. Sending love @Juli1 :heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

17 Likes

Eeeep well done on 90 days, Iā€™m proud of you!!

10 Likes

Day 16 (well half way through it) doing well but focussing on my meds but getting well, nervous about work as im signed off and not sure how much money ill get but i just have to see. Its a struggle trying to recover a bi polar relapse with no support, but need to stay strong see GP friday and my psychiatrist again in 3-4 weeks, think a new role/environment will help and told my boss that, who supports me at least. Hope everyone is ok and stay strong :muscle: :pray:

26 Likes

@juli1 sweetheart no one is judging you. We have been where you are and know the struggle. I know you have all the tools and support but somehow that addict voice keeps calling you back. Are you able to talk to someone irl when the urges hit? Are you able to change your routine ā€“ I know many times on my way home if the urge is strong I just keep driving. Iā€™ll run errands that were meant for another day just so I donā€™t go home and start drinking. Sending you strength and best of luck with your 1st day of sobriety
@Liminal.rehab YES ā€“ 90 days of freedom ā€“ you are killing it. So happy for your new you!
@jessicaann93 you are definitely not alone and so happy to see you thriving at day 6
@nastya_is_fighting So glad to see you back on the self-care path. Sorry for your anxiety attacks ā€“ glad you had someone of comfort with you. You are not alone and do deserve to live a full and healthy life. Your new book or book of quotes sounds great ā€“ have fun with it. A great distraction for sure

Checking in on Tuesday morning - always feels weird after a long weekend
I am sober and plan to stay this way. I am not letting anyone / any symptom or anything get me down today ā€“ That is the mentality at the present and god willing I will hold onto it all day. Have a wonderful day everyone - sending much love :heart:

22 Likes

Now, I am asking myself what you do to balance your deficit you.
If I understand correctly: what you are doing to give yourself a value? To feel seen?

8 Likes

189 :muscle: chilling watching films

Pain very bad :sob:

Happy sober Tuesday everyone

23 Likes

First of all it is the aspect of not planning the activities due to the fact of not being enough.

What am I doingā€¦
Counter thoughts
Trying to reprogram patterns
Challenges like getting the lifesaver cert

Last one doesnā€™t realy fill any cups.
Itā€™s as if the cup has wholesā€¦

Itā€™s just another try!
Like I am doing sports to treat myself, not to loose weight
Like I am eating a meal I realy want and not that fits your macros to loose weight
I am choosing taking care of myself first
Itā€™s okay to not fulfill this work perfect

For example.
Not sure if it works, I just started practicing

15 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words!
I love your way and support. :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

8 Likes

Thank you so much!
Welcome, I havenā€™t seen you before!
Glad that you are here.

7 Likes

There he is! Congratulations on your 90 days DJ.
IMG_1314
Thatā€™s a biggun!
Iā€™m so happy for you.
Keep up the great work.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

10 Likes

Checking in.

I have the feeling of not being able to support much atm. I am exhausting myself. And I am thinking constantly how to improve the situation. Probably thinking less and feel more as the usual task was back in therapy.

I was thinking about some things today. How I always wanted to be really good at something, like in my actual position, like being a good runner, being good in cycling or Tennis or whatever. The point was maybe more to belong somewhere. I wasnā€™t willing to put the work and time into becoming all the above mentioned things, I lost interest too quickly and my mind wanted to try different things.
When I wanted to stop drinking maybe I also wanted to belong to the club of sober people. I wanted what I thought they had: an easy life where the sun was always shining. But I failed. Well, at first I failed every day. To be honest, I only began to put work into this sobriety, discovery, recovery thing when I was out of other options. I fancied death more than the life back then. Outer life didnā€™t change too much. I somehow managed to overcome just the picture of wanting to be sober and working on living sober.

26 Likes

Congratulations on your 6 days Jessica.
Hopefully weā€™re not overwhelming you butā€¦ā€¦.
We got a thread for that.
About finding a sponsor

We got your back.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

11 Likes

Checking in. Life is currently still a shit show. I need work like yesterday and the pain of losing my niece is unbearable. However, Iā€™m sober and drinking has been the furthest thing from my mind. Stay strong everyone and congrats on all the great numbers.

33 Likes

Day 2 letā€™s go! I lost my beautiful mother suddenly April 4th. The stress of handling her estate is to the point it feels like I canā€™t yet grieve. Which probably didnā€™t help my drinking. Iā€™m feeling strong today though. One day at a time! One step at a time, with everything. This too shall pass.

21 Likes

Well I made it through my birthday without drinking. Enjoyed my treat - a yummy pizza :pizza:! Got lots of love and hugs and went to bed sober. Nice! Iā€™m on day 10 and canā€™t go back. I feel so much better SOBER.

17 Likes

Happy belated Birthday!! And congratulations on 10 days! Look at you go! :heart::people_hugging:

5 Likes