Checking in daily to maintain focus #56

Thank you :blush: Itā€™s definitely enough now, and Iā€™m staying here this time.

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to check that Thread out with todayā€™s morning coffee. :smiling_face: The kids are on summer holiday, and Iā€™m off work until August 14. Usually we only have 4 or 5 weeks but since Iā€™m starting a new job Iā€™ve got almost 6 weeks this year. And Iā€™m already granted to stay at home with my boys during the school breaks and for next summer.
The good thing with living in a small farmers village and have close contact with your boss. :blush:

8 Likes

Checking in this morning,
to report sober head on pillow tonight.
Maintain focus on next 24 hours :pirate_flag:

12 Likes

Iā€™ve found you! :wink:

7 Likes

Good try, Iā€™m in one of the windows but alas thatā€™s not me. Thatā€™s a girl actually :boy: / :girl:, with her then boyfriend. Curious if they are still together :thinking:

4 Likes

I hear you, there are always peaks and troughs, but you are doing brilliantly! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Day 1067

Have a long weekend this weekend. Going to do lots of grading so I donā€™t have lots to do right at the end of semester, and also meet friends at a park. Will also try to finish the story for my book club. My husband is currently off work, he quit one job, and his next one doesnā€™t start til August. So I have a house husband for a while. It was a bit of an adjustment for him to do things that it is assumed I will do, but the last couple of days he has stepped up. No thoughts of drinking, but the trip home will be a challenge. My step-probably-bio dad is a ā€˜heavy happyā€™ drinker, and I always enjoyed the excuse to drink with him, and havenā€™t been back since I quit. I guess I will also finally have chance to get a DNA test to find out for sure if I am biologically his daughter.

15 Likes

Yeahā€¦ So this happened.

28 Likes

Day 48ā€¦
@JazzyS I finally managed to get to the gym! They sent my roster and I only have 3 days off until the end of the month, including today :sob:
Iā€™m only meant to be doing 30 hours a week!
But getting through this stress without hitting the bottle makes me more determined.
Hope youā€™re all good - I love your personal touches in your comments

13 Likes

Iā€™m here, Iā€™m alive and Iā€™m sober.
Sun is shining for almost the first time in two weeks.
Itā€™s been raining almost my entire vacation. And itā€™s going to rain tomorrow again.
It feels a little bit unfair because Iā€™ve worked 12 hour days,5 days a week in May and June with extremely warm and sunny days. I was hoping for an amazing and sunny Vacation.
Instead I got rain and a toxic Ma to deal with.

However I wonā€™t let that drag me down,after rain comes sunshine, right?
Maybe a rainbow if itā€™s sunshine and rain at the same time.
Or maybe even my favorite weather heavy thunderstorms with dark threatening clouds and electricity in the air.

Iā€™m also planning a Roadtrip with my family, Me, My Husband and our boys. No one else. Iā€™m determined that weā€™re going to have many great memories from this summer and I want to give the boys a vacation where they donā€™t have to deal with their drunk and toxic grandma.

I feel so bad for last week in Denmark. I should have known.

14 Likes

It didnā€™t just happen Amy. You work hard for it lady. Hope youā€™re proud. I am of you. Huge congrats.

6 Likes

432, checking in.

14 Likes

Congratulations on your 6 months youā€™re doing so good. Keep it up

5 Likes

Day 51, actually stayed up this morning. Did some sort of service work I guess, saw one of the guys was about to cook breakfast by his self and he was kinda clueless so I stepped in and just whipped the breakfast up quick. Looking forward to some camping next weekend with my girls. Excited to see where I placed on my placement test for college. Today will also be my second chest day at the gym along with some bicep and tricep, idk I always love doing two chest days a week. Iā€™m kinda mumbling not sure what else to really say much love.

18 Likes

You helped a fellow human being Mike. Thanks. And thanks for sharing your morning. Love to see the steady progress youā€™re making. Hugs.

5 Likes

Woo hoo! Congratulations @Amy30! :tada:

2 Likes

I remember when you posted the first time you had to cook. Now look at you helping others. Thatā€™s fantastic progress @anon53116147

5 Likes

Congratulations :tada::purple_heart::tada:

3 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1125. I hope everybody has a good one!

13 Likes

Day 937,

Just checking in, worked on step 4 this morning. Getting the feeling I just might get to the point where I donā€™t regret the past nor shut the door on it. Itā€™s part of this one version of me.

Have a nice day, ODAAT :pray:

17 Likes