Checking in daily to maintain focus #57

Oh my gosh was that in that BBC pride and prejudice?!? I have watched that a million times. No wonder I loved seeing it.

4 Likes

Congratulations on 500 free days!!!

6 Likes

I see most of my aunts uncles and cousins every Saturday

4 Likes

@just_laura How did your busy weekend shifts go?
@rainy7 Oh Roxanne I am so sorry that you are feeling so sad / mad about sobriety. I do know you are doing the right thing and realize FOMO is real when we associate a good time with alcohol. You can still go to the game ā€“ have a great time ā€“ drink non alcoholic drinks and be out less cash and guaranteed to remember the day. I do hope your shower and scream session helped get you back on track. I try to remind myself of my health issues and why I started down this path when feeling left out of my usual fun activities.
@brian1965uk wow ā€“ these are some great pics- thanks for sharing
@catmancam I donā€™t think its silly at all to have a different counter for the ice cream ā€“ you know what you are struggling with and if that needs a counter to keep you accountable then so be it. I do think itā€™s a impressive job of staying away from that truck for 5 days! For what itā€™s worth ā€“ I agree with you on doing your colorings for you so use the sharpies if that makes it easier and you happier. Love the idea of letting go of the book once your finished ā€“ a release in a way.

Definitely something to be proud of ā€“ well done on your 28 days of sobriety!
@butterflymoonwoman That sounds intense. Glad you are home and hopefully will be able to relax. Are you still seeing that therapist / counsellor? Wondering if you could dive into these thoughts with someone to help you navigate them safely?
@Kellykelly Congrats on your 500 days!! Love the picture ā€“ keep up the great work!
@mira_d sorry about the wasp attack ā€“ glad you were able to kill them with the foam. I canā€™t even imagine the madness you are describing ā€“ well done on handling it.
@SadMemeQueen Oh man that is rough. I donā€™t think i could deal with family that i didnā€™t get along with on a regular. Sending you massive strength my friend. I do hope somehow the situation gets easier.

Checking in on Sunday evening
235 days free of alcohol and weed
650 days free of cigarettes
It has been a very long and exhausting day. I was able to meet up with my cousins at lunch and have pretty much spent the rest of the day together. I am beyond exhausted and my symptoms are intense but at the same time oh so happy. I love that i was able to spend time with them. Might get in a few more hours tomorrow before my sister takes them up North for a few days. I do feel like iā€™ve exhausted myself to the point of becoming sick. Hopefully a good nights rest will help - its almost midnight so going to call it a night - sweet dreams my friends. Have a positively charged addiction free evening / day - sending much love :heart: :heart:

19 Likes

Day 402.
I havenā€™t been checking in on this thread regularly, but life is getting a little life-y, so Iā€™m going to up my accountability, at least for a stretch. Besides, despite the number of posts Iā€™m behind on, I hear the companyā€™s pretty good around here. :wink:

Had a good day. Homey. Coffee. Time in my kitchen and puttering at my desk. A long gab with a pal on the phone while walking the evening trails.

A predictable, comfortable day. Some might call it mundane, but this kind of day, on a Sunday no less, just canā€™t get old.

Onward, friends. Until then, gā€™night and big huge love to all. :orange_heart:

22 Likes

Still killing it and making sobriety look wonderful.
Happy 500 Kelly
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Day :three::o2:

That was the easiest 1 month of Sobriety I ever reached.
Iā€™m not even going to AA meetings. I went to 3 meetings. Maybe I will give it a try for more someday. I just donā€™t know how to explain. Perhaps Step 2 is the best answer here. ā€œCame to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."
I remember one particular AA Speakers Tape. There a person said that he just cannot do Step 2. He was not believer or something like that. The sort of Sponsor tooked a chair and told him - ā€œOh cmon, Just try to believe in this Chair for example. Donā€™t you get the whole point is to take off your attention from your Ego!ā€
I guess I finally gived up, or as that tape said I turned off that ego part that was holding me all the time. That point of view gives easier perspective to understand. Yet stil, strange coincidences or I believe - The Higher Power really did the biggest part here. I canā€™t take much of a credit here. I feel like I am on a back seat here, enjoying the ride, doing my job, My part, fullfiling my dreams. If that is not a Higher Power working, than I donā€™t know what it is.

Heaven is a place on Earth. Just we donā€™t see it, because we need to change new glasses!

:eyeglasses:

:birthday: :white_check_mark: :white_large_square: :white_large_square: :no_entry_sign: Day 9
:no_smoking: :zero: :one: :five:

19 Likes

Congratulations on 30 days!

Yeah!

5 Likes

Day 317

That was a rough night guys :sob:
I again made the mistake to scroll through my phone and the web for too long while laying in bed. I think I fell asleep around 1am, woke up several times at night and was absolutely crushed at 5:30am when my alarm rang.
And crazy dreams again damn :grimacing:
Now off to work, lets see how many are calling in sick this week and how often the boss will loose it.
She explained to a coworker that she has to take meds at the moment that make her act bipolar. Awesome :worried: I donā€™t know how to handle that.
All I want is to do my job and help our patients and have a good time with my colleagues while doing that.
Weā€™ll see how this Monday will be.
Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :muscle::kissing_heart:

18 Likes

Iā€™m here, Iā€™m alive and Iā€™m sober.
Day 1. Itā€™s soon been 24 hours since I started over.

Sun is shining, and Iā€™m going back to work in about 2 hours. Needed to edit that,sun is not shining anymore, going to work within 45 mins and is thinking about if I need to pack my rain gear.

Spent yesterday with having a lot of important conversations with my close family and friends.
Played a lot with the kids.

Iā€™m actually feeling good. So glad that I donā€™t have to work like a maniac, that Iā€™m having more days off than actual work days in a week. And that Iā€™m going to be able to really focus on my self, family and friends for this semester.

Which is exactly what Iā€™m going to do.
One of my friends says that I have to get out of my own brain, because if I do that things will turn out fine.

Guess heā€™s right.

Iā€™m having a long day at work today. All Mondays is going to be long. 08.45-17.30.

Iā€™ll be at two different places, all new ones for me.
Iā€™m a little nervous but at the same time, this is probably exactly what I need. A chance to start over, with new focus, a new plan and great hope. Not to mention peace and quiet, not having to worry about doing something wrong at work. And no super long days 5 days a week.

Wishing yā€™all a great Monday.

16 Likes

Amazing pictures! Glad you had a great day :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. It seems your family consists of a bunch of super self-righteous and insensitive people that I most likely couldnā€™t live with. If they are straight up against you and donā€™t offer you any chance to talk, it might not make sense to maintain that relationship to them any longer. They canā€™t forbid you to stay in contact with your grandpa, although they might make the situation of you meeting your grandpa uncomfortable or even unbearable. I havenā€™t been in a comparable situation, but perhaps someone else here in the group might have gone through something similar, it might be a good idea to create a separate thread here in the forum, so more people might see what you are currently having to deal with.
Regarding your new rule of digital detox on the weekend: the idea is good in general, but right now I would call it an unnecessary burden, as you already have plenty of stuff to deal with. Perhaps you could discuss with everyone that you at least need time windows on Saturday to stay in contact to avoid your anxiety?

Feel hugged from afar, I deeply hope youā€™ll find a working solution for you with your family and that you wonā€™t have to deal with this s*** for too long.

7 Likes

Congrats Kelly for that awesome achievement! :fireworks: :birthday:

3 Likes

thank youā™„ļø I was able to make an agreement that we can have computers for school so Iā€™m just going to save all my schoolwork for Saturdays and Iā€™ll be able to contact people on my laptop

6 Likes

Day 0

Just want to checkin with all that it is,
ā€¦ day 0.

22 Likes

Day 308
Time for more rest.
I worked 13 hours today after only 1 hour of sleep last night.
I have been home all afternoon and even took a nap, but I am still super tiredā€¦
Have a beautiful day my friends :heartpulse::people_hugging:

15 Likes

Itā€™s nice to see another month go by, importantly with zero temptation to drink. Iā€™m not complacent but drink just isnā€™t on the agenda at all now. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:. 9 months. Canā€™t wait for it to be a year and more.

IMG_9827

25 Likes

Day 126 checking in :pray:t2:

18 Likes

Dang this place fills up fast! I feel bad I canā€™t keep up. Especially not on the weekends at least.
@JazzyS I had to work my ass off these past 3 days. Thanks for asking :blush:

First thing I wake up to Friday is a picture in the staff group chat of a crooked table cloth. In a side room we hardly use. Why show 20 people when only 3 were involved? Everyone else knows who was working. And I didnā€™t check every one of 20 tableclothes. Cā€™mon. I just donā€™t find it helpful.

The night was busy as usual. Happy I wasnā€™t working downstairs outside where the music was bc itā€™s like carrying weights while youā€™re on a treadmill/stair master for 6 hours. My lungs canā€™t handle it after a while. Held it down upstairs where it was slightly less frantic.

Stayed til the end to help my friend, the bartender, clean up and keep her company bc it is eerie being alone there at night (built in 1903). Sheā€™s my favorite person at work. And in general. I donā€™t meet many women I feel like I could tell anything at all to. She knows the things I hide, and she understands. Everything.

She invited me over. We hadnā€™t hung out in a while and suddenly it was 3:30! I felt bad but she said she usually stays up till 4 and was on her last glass of wine. I didnā€™t even notice she was drinking the entire time! She put it in a solo cup :cup_with_straw: Thought that was cool.

Saturday. The new-ish manager. 1 bartender working out of 3 different bars(I helped a lot). 3 servers(me and 2 newbies) working the entire premises. No bussers scheduled. Chef was off. A dishwasher quit. Poorly managed shit show. Period. Slept great :+1:

Today was good. Worked 10-5 without someone breathing down my neck. I felt more relaxed. GM stopped in for a bit. Mostly to make sure the kitchen was good bc chef was off. Heā€™s watching whatā€™s going on below him. I need to find my voice and let him know how everyoneā€™s feeling. Weā€™ve always been hard workers and we always get it done right. He knows this. We never got the chance to prove it to this new girl. She shut it down and did it her way. And it hasnt always worked. Live and learn. And I just realized this second he told me to make sure the flowers got watered :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: I suck at plants.

Anyway. I needed that vent. I had 2 hours to relax before picking up my kiddo. So glad she can enjoy weekends with her dad while I work work work.

Am I crazy or is there music on here sometimes? I donā€™t normally have my media volume up but 2 times since Iā€™ve been back I noticed there was a calming music playing with the app opened. I didnā€™t have anything else open. It was nice. Or Iā€™m crazy :crazy_face:

10 Likes

All the feelings passed and I had a great time binging on baseball park food :two_hearts: I did see beer EVERYWHERE but it wasnā€™t the end of the world. I feel so much better. Funny how much can change hour to hour!! :heart:

7 Likes