Checking in daily to maintain focus #57

Back from our camping retreat, much needed break! We really had a lovely time in nature.

I did manage to catch these nice numbers while we were there :grin:

Very grateful to be sober and able to enjoy time in nature fully present.

37 Likes

Howā€™s it going, Juli? Youā€™ve been on my mind. Hang in there.

6 Likes

Thank you so muchā€¦
Had a good run for 13 days,
thought I made a change.
Then I relapsed again for several days.
Wrote down my commitment again yesterday and today, googled for some selflove tipps (wikihow helps lol). I quit my toxic job finally on Thursday after 8 years, thatā€™s huge release.

19 Likes

Congratulations on a new, fresh start after that toxic job. Thatā€™s a major step and Iā€™m proud of you for taking it. Now keep working on your recovery and building that tool box of yours. I know you can do this.

7 Likes

:sunny: Morning Check In :sunny:
Day 566
I really dont want to adult today lol like I really dont. I feel like I havent had a chance to recoop after everything thats happened with school and having no homecare the other night and just busy with pushing myself to the limits by doing stuff. I dont feel rested at all. I DID show up for work today but am considering not going in tmrw if i can afford to lose the $$ on my paycheque. Ill have to do the math.

Health wise - I am getting back on track today. Going to give it my all again. I sort of fell off the wagon with my eating there for a couple days. Just with eating food for the wrong reasons. And i paid the price for it physically.

Recovery wise - I am good. Did my morning routine today on the way to work. Feeling good about my recovery. Not much to mention here.

Hope everyone has a great day today! Congratulations to anyone celebrating a milestone today or to anyone coming back :butterfly:

21 Likes

Checking in on day 52. Have a great day, everyone!

16 Likes

@JazzyS @CATMANCAM

Thanks for the support guys, il be ok im made of tough stuff especially now im sober infact had i been drinking id have probably just gone in all guns blazing a made things twice as bad so im grateful for that. Its great that i can come here to vent and get such amazing support. Thanks to everyone :heart:

3 Likes

Ahwwww
ā€¦ That big batch of love is what I realy wish forā€¦ I feel its reaching me deep inside. Thank you so much @RosaCanDo and Billy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::tulip::tulip:

6 Likes

Day 519

Found out what was going on with the cravings descending on me so quickly; I was doing well. Itā€™s a hurdle I forget Iā€™ll always have to cross. The sudden urge to self-destruct and and throw away the goodness to relent into being a ā€œpiece of trashā€ (referring to my long- held self perception, not that addicts are trash obviously) as i can so much easier navigate that than lifting and holding myself up constantly.
I guess itā€™s a tale old as time and a constant struggle with a lot of addicts, I would venture to assume.
I kept doing the things and not stopping, to spite that part of myself, and now Iā€™m fine and havenā€™t had those cravings since the evening of when i posted that.

Itā€™s been pretty good overall though, trying to keep myself busy, with kids, schedules, fitness, art and piano. Iā€™m happy to keep doing my things and despite still having a lot of unknowns to figure out in the next 18 months, Iā€™m happy here where Iā€™m at bc Iā€™m not scaring my family plus have their trust and respect. I think thatā€™s pretty cool

Anyways have a great day all, itā€™s the weekend finally!

20 Likes

MyFitnessPal helped me several times. Itā€™s free. There are paid options, but I never found it necessary. You can set a goal weight, and it will calculate how many calories you need. You add your food into a ā€œdiaryā€ to keep track. Thereā€™s a community with tons of different topics and helpful advice.
My biggest advice- be patient and stay consistent. Weight didnā€™t go on over night, it wonā€™t come off overnight either. Best to make small sustainable changes, stay consistent with those changes, and the reward will follow. Best of luck to you!!

9 Likes

Day 101. Good morning fam, how is everyone today. Im a little annoyed with myself because i notice i am sleeping a lot, and i mean a lot. Like i went to bed at like 730 8 last night and woke up at 1 oā€™clock today, and its been the last couple days too, it would be ok if it was just once but its been happening like everyday and I donā€™t like that at all. Idk why i am sleeping like that but hopefully we can get it under control and back to a normal sleeping schedule. Im guessing part of it must be stress or something idk but much love, other than that Iā€™m doing good, one of my buddies wants to do a tattoo and Iā€™m going to be honest i donā€™t really want to do it. Im probably not going to do it either. Idk much love everyone ttyl

22 Likes

Had my little sisterā€™s baby shower this morning (looking stylish on my knee scooter, everyone said i looked great lol yeah right! :P). Glad i made it, cuz yesterday i had a fairly serious meltdown/anxiety attack that continued when i woke up this morn.

My aunt who i was sitting with at the table was enjoying a glass of red and was like, ā€œWait youā€™re not drinking!? Who even are you!?ā€ And i was just like, ā€œWell, i did break my ankle last time i drank, so Iā€™m drying out, thatā€™s itā€¦ā€ Sheā€™s all, ā€œoh do you think thereā€™s a correlation?ā€ And Iā€™m just like, ā€œIā€™m an alcoholic. Yes, there is.ā€ And started crying again, ughhhh. Luckily everyone else had gotten up to get food at that point, heh. Anyway, just rambling, but i needed to tell someone my malaise wasnā€™t just based on having to be dependent on others for awhile (a huge deal for me) but also the emotions that come with early sobrietyā€¦

16 Likes

I wouldnā€™t beat yourself up too much. Youā€™ve been straining that brain all week at school! I know when I have very complex projects at work where Iā€™m thinking hard all day, I am absolutely exhausted and need to sleep more.

4 Likes

38,74 hours

Hi, I am back at home and clean.
Will cook dinner now.

24 Likes

Checking in.
It was great day till around 2 hours ago when my head started exploding. It hurts so bad I puked. It happens to me sometimes, I always thought itā€™s from alco but I guess itā€™s not the case. Maybe migrainesā€¦ idk. My h is out fishing and actually Iā€™m glad cause usually he wants to help but heā€™s just annoying with his constant questions: but why you have headache? But where exactly? But why you think it hurts? Strong?.. I just need silence and darkness and luckily I have both now cause kids are sleeping. Unfortunately this kind of pain is not responding to painkillers, at least the basic ones I use.
I will try to sleep and hope tomorrow I will wake up all good.
It was good day anyway :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Checking in 813 days of continuous sobriety. I need to wake up early tomorrow morning to catch an early flight back home. Today was a really decent day, and I went for a marvelous run through a historic parkland and had a big fat scoop of stracciatella ice cream. Now I need to try to get some sleep as tomorrow will be a long day of travel. Wishing everyone peace.

20 Likes

Oh no, that sounds like a migraine. I have an aura first so get a warning to take pills. Really rough if you donā€™t get that warning. When I was a child they would come on at night and I would wake with the headache and throwing up. Sending lots of sympathy, feel better soon.

5 Likes

Yikes. I hope you get a good nightā€™s rest and feel better tomorrow!

5 Likes

Checking in, 38 minutes short of 60 days :partying_face:

Had such a lovely day, my daughterā€™s football match (6-0), then lunch with my sister, a nap, gym and time with the family. I am feeling very lucky at the moment. I am so excited about the new baby. My sister seemed confident that baby isnā€™t ready to come but it will be within the week if she follows me and my Mum. She looks amazing! She is 12 years older than I was when I had my first and still going for dog walks and has none of the water weight I did. I am so proud of her and hope it bodes well for labour. Hard not to worry about her but she will hopefully be awesome.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening. My boy turns 14 tomorrow so it is wrapping and Match of the Day for us!

20 Likes

@Juli1 Iā€™ve been quietly following your recent posts as I relapsed last weekend for 2 days straight, your doing really great, and should be extremely proud, being in a job you hate and is toxic massively affects your life, I too was in one for 8 years, my alcohol and drug use went through the roof then, so I took the risk and left, that was 10 years ago and I love my job now, my alcohol and substance use really calmed down after that but my sister passed away 3 years ago with cancer aged 44 and it completely destroyed me and I went straight back down the rabbit hole of destruction, she would hate that I was back there, one of my many reasons for staying sober and I wish you all the best in your recovery and your braver than you think for taking that step away from the job :heart:

18 Likes