Checking in daily to maintain focus #57

I’m here I’m alive and I’m sober.
Day 11.
Going to work after I’ve dropped the kid off at school.
My 13 y/o is having a friend over for breakfast first time today.
Friends mother works at the city hall office and starts early some days. And her son, my 13 y/o friend don’t like to be home alone in the morning.
So we started a breakfast club.
She drops him off here on her way to work.
He gets breakfast and walks with us to school. :blush:

If I was that kid or his Ma, I would’ve wanted the same.

I’ve read somewhere that people who never had safe adults to rely on most often become those adults they never had. And that’s pretty much who I want to be.

My husband is doing well, or at least as well as he can. He didn’t sleep much last night, feber was high again, he couldn’t breathe properly and was in pain. I helped him as much as I could.

I feel bad saying it, but I actually enjoy going to work today so he won’t be my responsibility for a few hours. I’m glad that he made it, and that he is home. But I really don’t like to have responsibility for his care. I’m don’t have a medical exam, or any medical experience besides putting on band aids. This makes me nervous.
Wishing y’all a great day.

20 Likes

Day 327

Still positive and still sick. Not that bad any more but I won’t go to work tomorrow. I called my Dr for a second sick note.
It hopefully gets better over the weekend.
Now back to bed :sleeping::sneezing_face::microbe:

24 Likes

Woke up feeling like crap. Headache, achy, irritable. Hoping work will be easy. First text of the day, 6 hours before my shift, ‘you need to be checking that people do the work they claim to do’. Great. Ask what wasn’t done. No answer. Then, at work, once I talk to who I worked with last night, I find out the men’s locker room wasn’t checked/stocked. I DON’T EVER CHECK THAT! She says nothing about it in person.

Day goes on. Setting up for a typical Wednesday night. Table of 24, 10, and a dozen smaller ones. Me, another server, two bussers, and a bartender, plus the girl I’m training who’s 2nd day it is. 5:30 rolls around and some other peeps start showing up. Something about this dinner club that’s coming. My boss completely forgot about a party! Nothing written down anywhere about it but they apparently spoke on the phone twice last week, and she even saw the guy last night. I ended up working it bc I can bartend and serve simultaneously, while taking a couple tables in the dining room 200 feet away. It was a lot of running around trying not to look like the headless chickens we were. Everyone learned how to use the computer tonight. Grateful the new girl had serving experience. She helped tremendously. Everyone was exhausted but we did it.

So what else could go wrong? Everyone left except the other bartender and a dishwasher. I said I’d help her with something the GM asked her to do once the bars were cleaned up. Put off bug foggers in the locker room. Long story short, there’s rats, they’ve been dying, now there’s flies. We get everything ready and as soon as we set them off the entire building’s fire alarm is going off! It’s 11:30pm and every firetruck in town shows up! (They have to) All we could do was laugh :rofl: It just made this night.

I started the day off miserable but after all that crazyness I feel great! Now my only problem is I’m not tired, and it’s late :neutral_face:

Day 188 in the bag! I see a lot of you racking up the numbers as well :grin: Congratulations to you all! We’re in this together :heart:

18 Likes

Day 51, hit 50 days last night. Yay!

Had an unpleasant work situation yesterday but proud of how I handled it. I think I am finally starting to feel like a grown up :rofl: I tried to get rid of my frustration by taking a walk in the woods at lunchtime. Nothing like being pissed off to make you power walk! The situation is still ongoing but I am feeling stronger facing it today. Half day tomorrow and then a week off.

I am not far off my longest stretch of time so am aware I need to be vigilant. I caught myself thinking about being able to have a drink at Christmas because it will be ages by then and…well you know how those thoughts go. I am going to re-read some of the books I found helpful later.

Hope everyone has a lovely sober day.

25 Likes

Day 61
Almost slept in, started work at just before 8 in my pyjamas. Bad dreams, i have tried to make inroads with my adult son about my divorce but getting nowhere. He blames me, he is quite materialistic so was upset when our barn was sold… i don’t know, i think i am one message away from cutting ties.

15 Likes

Pretty numbers for me today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Having the day off and going to celebrate my milestone with a visit to the triftshop. Walking ofcourse so adding some miles as well.
That’s a win/win situation.
And…25 days to go for another milestone: 5 years. That’s a tricky one because it is the second time that I will reach that one :blush:
Came here more then 5 years ago because of that relapse.
Happy that I found this place because it got me where I am today!!
:pray::kiss:

37 Likes

Maybe a time out instead of cutting ties? It may be good for the both of you to step a bit away from the fire for a while.
My father cut our ties 17 years ago, I have never seen him since despite I tried to contact him.
It traumaticed me :sob:

6 Likes

I will hold on to that view and step back a while…I’ve made it repeatedly clear he is welcome here at any time. He remembers where i am when it comes.to.crhistmas and what he wants but doesnt send me cards for Christmas ,birthday or fathers day. But i will step back like u suggest

5 Likes

I’ll check in for this top bloke.

34 Likes

Day 222.

This is one cool number so I had to check-in before heading into my work bubble.

Hope you all have a wonderful addiction-free day :heart:

23 Likes

I had to Google his age cause I thought he’s like 65yo or something (so was surprised he’s 55 years sober). He’s looking good.

7 Likes

Amazing for 79, eh?

Right on!

11 Likes

Congratulations @Juli1 on your 10 days, that’s a big milestone :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Congratulations on 5 years, wowzers! :tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

Beautiful numbers @SoberWalker

3 Likes

I’m on day 3, feeling so empowered because of the connections I’m making in sober circles. I’m going to a couple of meetings a day which is helping tremendously. My wife and I rarely eat dinner together due to schedules and I don’t like to eat alone, so I found a 5:00 meeting online and ate while I listened, which was so nice.

I have a couple of questions: What does ED as used here mean, and do people abbreviate sober time as TS or is that something else? Thanks :pray:

22 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1166. I hope everybody has a good one!

21 Likes

Hey hey,

Checking in on day 7. Wish you all strength.

23 Likes

Good morning friends, day 1013. Things are pretty routine around here. Sober and trudging the road of happy destiny.
Have an awesome day.

25 Likes

Checking in for day 31 AF.

21 Likes