Checking in daily to maintain focus #60

Today is day 50, another nice round number that ends in zero.
Feeling good :+1:

20 Likes

:black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
:black_large_square: :three: :eight: :black_large_square:
:black_large_square: :white_large_square: :butterfly: :black_large_square:

8 Likes

Way to go with 50 days!!! Keep stacking up the amazing days :muscle::muscle::raised_hands:

2 Likes

It is helping me to focus my thoughts and take a mental snapshot of my program. And also to see what resentments Iā€™ve been hanging onto. I want to share something that might be useful to other people, especially newcomers. So I guess it will be good for me to lead!

5 Likes

Day 1050,

checking in, feeling mwa. No flu but just tired I geuss. Looking back at the week it is maybe also normal. Went to the supermarket for ingredients, so have to put myself to make dinner now :grin:

17 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face::tada::confetti_ball:

4 Likes

ROFL!! Itā€™s healthy to have a good laugh at yourself :rofl: :rofl: :joy:

6 Likes

Hi Amy, thinking of you and your trip. Its so great how youre always chdcking in and being honest. You help me so much with your shares.

I think fear is normal, and helps us set ourselves up to win. I know the feeling sucks, but healthy fear isnt a bad thingā€¦now look at how you prepped yourself. You will go, hopefullh fingers crossed have a great time and set a new memory for yourself in an old place. Hell even if it isnt great, and you manage it sober you will have that satusfied feeling of knowing you did it. You can & you will and that bit of fear is hopefully just helping you lay the foundation you need for a sober trip. Check in with us & let us know how youre doing when ypure there we got you! Xo.

4 Likes

Checking in.
On my way :heart:

19 Likes

Itā€™s not even 10pm here and Iā€™m already in bed, itā€™s the happiest moment from the whole day.

Last week I started lurking into intherooms.com, joined few times (only listen) but I donā€™t know, it didnā€™t clickā€¦ I must find something where religion is not so important (atheist here). I need some more help cause lately catching myself on ā€˜fuck this shitā€™ to often. And start drinking is last thing I want.

13 Likes

Here I am on Day 21! 3 weeks down and the rest of my life to look forward to!

17 Likes

Ignore the numbersā€¦ All Iā€™ve done is not picked up today.

22 Likes

Hi all, evening check in with 51 days. Not too much to report really. Been a strange day but kids are happy. I managed to get out for a nice walk earlier, although very wet! Didnā€™t get to the gym for reasons beyond my control which was annoying. Tomorrow!

Just settling in for bed now. There are still fireworks going for bonfire night. Couldnā€™t face a display in the rain and the kids havenā€™t asked so just looking out the window at them.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

14 Likes

3 weeks is awesome Kim!!
Keep that momentum going :muscle::muscle::raised_hands:
3076117_25477

1 Like

Lol I hear that. The most adult thing I ever said out loud was ā€œI must buy a new vacuum cleanerā€

4 Likes

Congratulations on your 3 weeks Kim

2 Likes

I donā€™t know much about SMART recovery but I just searched it here and saw this.

Thereā€™s a few threads about it.

5 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 months Delia
Great job
:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Checking in Day 15)

My mum came to AA with me today. Itā€™s a newcomers meeting and bless her she introduced herself and everyone was so lovely to her. Itā€™s been a good couple of days, to be fair. Iā€™ve had some good conversations, Iā€™ve been getting my groove back in the kitchen and playing a lot of guitar.

Iā€™ve also got a friend whose found some closure in some issues theyā€™ve been having and they were really excited to call me and tell meā€¦ it was at midnight last night just after Iā€™d gotten into bed and fallen asleep but heyā€¦ when someone has good news, who cares what time of day it is to hear it hmm? Bless her.

I think thatā€™s something Iā€™m finding in sobriety this time round. Iā€™m actively trying not to be selfish and trying to be a better friend, better son, brother, colleague and trying to avoid the trap of getting dry drunk aswell, a term I only heard today which I think really well defined my last stint of sobriety. I didnā€™t know there was a name for it but i think if the definition I was given is accurate, thatā€™s basically what it was.

Speaking of guitar, I actually picked one up at random in a shop the other day and I played the end solo to ā€œThe great pretenderā€ by Slash and someone in the shop started crying. Iā€™ve only ever had that effect once and that was with the comfortably numb solo so that was a bit of a weird thing to witness!

Iā€™m also not very happy because some bird has shat all over my French doors and Iā€™m not cleaning it!

Itā€™s my first Sunday service tomorrow at work in nearly a year. I always loved doing Sunday service so Iā€™m pretty stoked to be doing that again :slight_smile: I cleaned the shit out of half of it today, not that it was bad but it just hadnā€™t been done because the boss has been working alone and didnā€™t have time so it was good to get into his good books aswell.

Hugs not drugs

19 Likes

Sober day 6.

Another fucking migraine to start my day. At least I have a prescription that helps and I was also able to get that refilled today.

Napped a lot. Then made chili and cornbread for dinner. I wasnā€™t at all motivated to cook, but glad I did. I enjoy cooking and baking when I have the energy. And it turned out really yummy. And Iā€™ll have leftovers for days.

I just hope the headaches ease up soon. Not tempted to drink today.

OFDAAT

18 Likes