Checking in daily to maintain focus #60

Day 134. Dad maybe discharged tomoro. Then I can settle him home and drive back to Cornwall. It’s so cold in Liverpool

17 Likes

It’s good to see you friend. Still struggling with connecting in day to day life here too. But I’m still very happy to be connecting here. One day at a time as it goes. Hugs.

7 Likes

Great that you made the choice to come back here. I am sorry for your grief but proud of you that through it all you kept your sobriety. That proves how bad you want it and how committed you are. Hang in there.

5 Likes

It’s O dark early and I am getting ready to go to the airport to go see family in Ohio. Staying sober there will be pretty easy compared to home since none of the family and friends that I am seeing drinks. I will be really busy and will check in here every day, but may be short and sweet. Stay strong everyone. We got this!
Kim d22

11 Likes

Checking in, Day 52.

Today I am using every tiny bit of patience I have to parent a very grumpy 12 year old, while making time for her brother. I always joke that I looked the same age in photos after having her brother, and aged a decade after her :sweat_smile: She was a high needs baby, and that hasn’t changed as she has grown. The hormones are kicking in and trying to help her manage that is hard work.

We managed to get out for a family walk. She wasn’t coming until the last minute, and then she managed to injure herself on the walk so it ended early and she is now even grumpier :grimacing:

Now we are watching YouTube videos of skateparks to cheer her up. Oh we have moved on to flags.

So anyway, Day 52. I hope everyone else is having a more successful day than me!

23 Likes

Good morning fam :slight_smile:
Up super early this morning with kiddies, and we are watching my sons favourite thing…videos of cars and trucks. I find his obsession with cars and trucks a little funny. Like Sesame Street sit down, because watching tractors plow is the hot topic.

Had a girls night last night and im so grateful for my new friend. I am slow to make friends irl. I am friendly, but an introvert and i have long been someone who really has to click with people for relationships to go somewhere. Anyway, i just…at 37 i have met a new friend and im just so grateful for her.

We went for dinner, thrifting (i have been curbinf myself here LOL) and to see Killers of a Flower Moon. We were out until 1am and I just cannot remember the last time I did that with a friend or one of my sisters. Probablg not since before my first kid was born.

Got home and hubby was here with 2 of our buddies, and it made me happy.

Friendships are an amazing treasure. I think hanging witj friends is a medicine in itself. I had a hard time falling asleep thinking of my sister beinf gone, though i think maybe the theme in the movie may have triggered that. But I am okay.

I am sober. I am grateful. Sure i get overstimulated and have shit days, but thinking about how diff our generation is then our parents. Frankly we more fucking tired bc our parents didnt worry about what the hell was going on with us :joy: Problems with a friend? She just jealous you fine. Problems in school? Get ur shit together. Sex talk? Dont get pregnant. You doing good? Great. You not? Quit being a shit. Boom basics. Meanwhile we overhere trying not to do what our parents did, but i know theres going to be consequences to teaching these kids about emotions and speaking they mind LOL.

Anyway I am rambling (as per the usual). Just yesterday I was having a tense day…it went sount for a very small reason, and time out with my friend it was really good.

Going to dive deeper into findinf a job & figuring out how to hook our woodstove up to the old oil furnance flue.

15 Likes

Day 400 af :tada:
Day 21 social media detox :sunny:

The sore muscles are feeling better but they still hurt. This is the consequence of the last days when I didn’t know when to stop.
No walk today, it’s sunny but more wind again.

The plaques on my hands and feet keep on healing. I’m sure that the changes in my diet and tweaking my supplements made it. I’m off of sweets and junk food completely, same with gluten. I eat far less inflammatory food now, I try to eat as pure / clean as possible.

Time to hang the laundry out (I hope it doesn’t fly away lol) and then more relaxing :relieved:

Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :muscle::kissing_heart:

17 Likes

@Deelzebub Well done! :purple_heart: :partying_face: :purple_heart:

@DresdenLaPage There are some super nice vacuum cleaners these days! There is a shopping centre with a huge electrical store and you can try all these vacuum cleaners. Some are so light, cordless and have automatic emptying.

7 Likes

I just finished my first shift where I walked to and from work. It’s only 4 blocks but my anxiety during my drinking years made me extremely anxious and fearful. This felt good and empowering. I walked to work at 2 am and home from work at 6 am. I’ve traveled to other countries by myself, lived alone for many years, scuba and sky dived yet these 4 blocks felt like a tremendous accomplishment.
I’m coming up on 21 months sober. I set an intention at the beginning of every year and my next year I’m getting back to fearless.

15 Likes

@Becsta Congratulations :purple_heart: :partying_face: :purple_heart:

@Hidden Exactly. Having a fulfilling and present life, rather than one you are always sneaking, pretending, or checking out of.

@Tomek Nice to see you again. :purple_heart: :blush: :purple_heart:

@Sabrina Yay :partying_face: :muscle: :partying_face:

9 Likes

My vac is a stand up cleaner. I paid £88.99 for it and it sucks all the dust up from my floor. I had one before that was an extended hand held one but I sucked up some coffee and it caught fire while I was holding it. I threw it out my balcony while it was on fire and then collected it once the fire had gone out. I don’t have it anymore

5 Likes

@Mno I didn’t know left-handed journals existed, curious now, although I do use regular journals front to back like in school. Hope you enjoyed the party :partying_face:
@Amy30 it does make sense, wise of you to take precautions and get everyone on the same page beforehand, hopefully eliminating any surprises. This also shows your sober strength :blush:
@JazzyS thank you for your compassion and well wishes :blush:🩵 I hope your day is pain-free too. :crossed_fingers:t2:
@Phone_Home congrats on your month :tada:
@Deelzebub congrats on 5 months :tada:
@Butterflymoonwoman hoping you get some good sleep asap. :crossed_fingers:t2: :sleeping:
@Trixie1 congrats on 50 days :tada:
@Kimpantera congrats on 3 weeks :tada: enjoy your visit with family :blush:
@Brittc welcome :blush: congrats on 5 days :tada:
@Sunny11 congrats on 2 weeks :tada:

9 Likes

@peterc welcome :blush: don’t ever stop trying. You’ve came to a great place for support here, stick around. :people_hugging:
@Tomek good to see you checking in :blush: congrats on your continued sobriety :tada: sending strength :people_hugging:🩵
@Binx happy 5th birthday to your youngest :birthday::balloon::gift::partying_face: my niece recently turned 5 too :blush:
@Mira_D lovely that you’ve made a new friend and were able to get a nice evening out :blush:🩵
@Sabrina80 congrats on 400 days AF :tada: and 3 weeks without SM :tada:
@TrustyBird that is huge, well done :clap:t2: :tada: as someone who struggles with Agoraphobia I can fully relate. When I stop doing something, I quickly revert back to being fearful, I need to get back out there too.

1181 days no alcohol.
646 days no cocaine.
11 months no cigarillos.
161 days no vape.

Checking in for yesterday, fell asleep whilst catching-up.

Woke early, did my morning routine. Packed 6 brand new unopened joggers into a box I found that was big enough, and drove to the post office to send them to my friend who is buying them off me for a bargain price. I had a driving victory over my anxiety and was quite proud of it.

I watched 2 whole films yesterday, one without eating, but in the evening I gave in and binged, and I even went back to the shop to buy the sugary bakery stuff that I managed to resist the first time I went in. :man_facepalming:t2: Trying not to let the shame and regret set in. I’ll get back on track today and try again. I did have 6 days of no binge-eating, and was feeling positive about it, now zero and feeling negative about it. I have to ban myself from that shop and stick to that boundary with myself. So thats the plan.

I hope you’re all having wonderful sober weekends. :blush:

🩵

22 Likes

Checking in again on day 371.

Was up early-ish this morning and even with such little sleep after last night’s party I went to the gym for a couple of hours to help clear the cobwebs.

Feel better mentally now but I think it’ll be an early night tonight after a day on the couch watching football (soccer) on TV.

19 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1239. I hope everybody has a good one!

19 Likes

Haven’t found any true left handed journals yet. But there are “neutral” ones that use lay-flat binding like these journals:

I am yet to try 'm out. There are ring binders that are made left handed, but these are terribly over-prized of course. So yes, the journal I use now, I use back to front. But actually I don’t really like to use something that wasn’t designed for me.

3 Likes

Wonderful to see you!! Congratulations on your 4.44!! :heart::people_hugging::heart:

4 Likes

It’s day 115 for me. Got to volunteer working at the Kroc Center Salvation Army “coats for kids “event yesterday and it felt so wonderful to get out there and be part of something like that. First time since covid began. Will definitely sign up for more opportunities in future.
Happy Sunday all.:heart:

17 Likes

Day
1 no form of Marijuana
179 no drinking
110 no vapes or ciggs

Just checking in

17 Likes

Day 750 AF

Good morning, everyone.

The wife and I had a break from the kiddos this weekend. We went to dinner last night. I decided to eat fish and chips with a glass of soda. I haven’t had junk food in a while. I thought it was gonna give me heartburn, but I felt fine…till I had a decaf vanilla latte. I ended up getting a bad stomach ache, and we were supposed to go to an arcade, but I ended up in the toilet all evening. FML. We stayed home and did a puzzle instead.

We’re going for a walk at the beach this morning and then the park.

Here’s a pic of the puzzle:

I hope everyone’s doing well. Take care, gang.

ODAAT

24 Likes