Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

Finally coming out of the other side of this flu. What a relief! I felt awful this morning after no sleep but I got out of bed at an appropriate hour and got through some routine. Cup of tea, dog chores, a yogurt drink to get something in my belly. As the day went on I started to feel better. It was a beautiful day and I made myself walk Lupe a bit further and moving my body (albeit slowly) did me some good. I sweated buckets and hopefully that was cleansing. I managed a nice, long nap and felt rested but woke up with a raging sore throat! Will it ever end! Itā€™s just drainage but itā€™s annoying. Waaaaaaa! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Iā€™m in much better spirits and doing all the sicky clothes/linens laundry tonight. Oh, hooray. How much worse this could have been if Iā€™d thought booze was a good medicine? Gah, those days were shockingly misguided. Glad theyā€™re long gone. Thanks for all the well wishes. Sending out strength. Recovery is possible and youā€™re worth it.

16 Likes

Day 330. Thinking on a new hobby. Preferably something physically active. My family life is pretty busy, but my husband and I are pretty good these days at supporting each otherā€™s individual needs. Any suggestions welcome. Something structured because I donā€™t have the kind of organization it takes to go into a gym on my own and develop a workout routine. Thanks in advance for any ideas.:blush:

10 Likes

Day 782 AF

Hope everyoneā€™s doing well.

Dropped off the kid at school this morning, put gas in the tank, and worked the 8 hr shift. The wifey went out for groceries, and Iā€™m chillinā€™ with the kiddos right now watching the Lego movie. Gonna make myself a decaf coffee and then go for a walk tonight.

Iā€™m ready for the Christmas break.

Have a good night, gang!

eec5c60b9cf0a4946f0f681c35984d649ac58f751b012e638e70e9a1433af7e1.0_54575271519804

13 Likes

@mrfantastik Way to go Marty ā€“ 5 + days is amazing! Glad you were able to see skip the meeting and enjoy a hangover free day today.
@zzz glad that was a throwback (I missed that in your post). Love your attitude of positive hope :heart: :muscle:
@hidden Woot Woot ā€“ 80 days is awesome :clap: excited for your getaway ā€“ enjoy it thoroughly
@steve92 glad you checked in. hope you had a better day. We are here if you need to talk.
@shybert I am so sorry friend ā€“ how are you doing now? It is ok to sleep and rest ā€“ I did a lot of it for first bit of my recovery as the detox process really takes it out of you. I do hope you are able to find positivity and fight through the urges. We got your back here :hugs:
@Mindofsobermike mike Congrats Mike and hope your first day went well. Saw your pic on the selfie thread ā€“ what a lovely smile.
@brokenwolf Happy Heavenly birthday to your mum Richard :birthday: :heart: I am sure she is waling beside you now and seeing the wonderful sober man you have become. You are right, our loved ones donā€™t go away ā€“ what a comforting thought :people_hugging:
@tragicfarinelli you are right friend ā€“ it is totally ok to not be ok. And you are so not unlovable ā€“ sending you so much love and a great big bear hug :people_hugging: Hoping that you find the love for yourself that others have for you.
@naomi congrats on day 5 ā€“ sorry about the withdrawal symptoms. Hopefully resting helped ā€“ it does get easier. I would hold onto these awful feelings to remind myself that I did not want to repeat them ever again.
@1daatime Welcome to the community and a great job with starting your sober journey. Great community with loads of support here ā€“ hope to see you around :heart:

9 Likes

These past few days kicked my butt. Weā€™ve had to rearrange the club so many times for all these holiday parties. After being sick, getting my period, and working like itā€™s summer, my body is over it, especially my back. Canā€™t wait to get out of work Saturday already.

I just feel like thereā€™s so much I have to get done the next couple weeks and not enough time. Well, there is enough time, I just have to manage it wisely so Iā€™m not overwhelmed. I need to make a plan soon and work on it bc this physical and mental exhaustion has me stagnant.

No school for my daughter tomorrow so her dad is getting her early. Hoping to recharge a bit this weekend with my alone time. Hitting the hay real soon. Yay! I can sleep in! Have a great sober day everyone :blush:

14 Likes

@frank68 wonderful work with 50 days Frank! Keep up the hard work :muscle:
@happyfeet that is an amazing feeling Anne ā€“ happy for your upcoming 1 year of smoke free!! Doing a hell of a job living an addiction free lifestyle :muscle:
@sabrina80 hope you got some rest and appointment goes smoothly tomorrow. Glad that you are eating and drinking more water (great signs) :hugs:
@jennyh so sorry that you are still feeling ill. I do crave dark chocolate when I am under the weather (not sure why)ā€¦ glad you are not thinking about drinking ā€“ could be a turning point :thinking: Sending you healing energy
@rockstar24777 Awe that is so sweet of your friend. Lovely flowers :heart: Hope you start to feel better soon :hugs:
@kellykelly I feel you on this. Having to leave behind my ā€œdrinkingā€ buddies was a bit lonely. I used to think it is harder to make meaningful friendships but I was wrong. It took me putting myself out there but when I did I found some beautiful souls that I consider friends. Donā€™t give up ā€“ try meeting people at meetings, recovery groups, meetups. Sending you love my friend and comfort in combating the loneliness
@Vikingsfan great work on 330 days Tea. hobbies are awesome way to keep you busy and activeā€¦ a few threads on here that will help with hobby ideas ā€¦ Sober Hobbies and
What hobbies make you happyā€¦ where are you from

Checking in on Thursday evening ā€“ cutting it close as itā€™s 3 minutes to Friday :rofl:
351 days free of alcohol and weed
766 days free of cigarettes
Had a really tiring day ā€“ couldnā€™t get motivated or moving but luckily i had an appointment at 4. My first treatment appointment went well and they did cupping as well as acupuncture. Man that shit was painful LOL My legs are filled with bruises.
Had issues with internet all day today which was super frustrating. Finally got it working this afternoon.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

20 Likes

A friend offered to give me a massage today. I am very much looking forward to it.

Then there is shopping to be done, which always leaves me super stressed out. I hope for patience.

And my daily Yoga in the evening. Today a relaxing session. No strength, just recovery.

17 Likes

Day 167
Went to morrisons last night, there are so many alcohol free beers now (which I know doesnā€™t work for everyone) but it does for me.

So dark first thing in the morning. Got our work Christmas lunch today so itā€™s a pretty relaxing day. Then itā€™s time for Christmas movies. House is full of wine for Christmas but I donā€™t feel tempted or care. Itā€™s for visitors and everyone knows I have stopped drinking and respects that which has made such a difference

19 Likes

Having my morning coffee on my fixed day off. Working the weekend which is fine. Got my individual therapy to go to later today which is fine too. Although I have to hurry back to town after -my therapist has her practice in Utrecht- to see and hear my sis sing with the choir sheā€™s part of, in the little theatre on my little square right here. Couldnā€™t miss that.

But for now Iā€™ll take it easy. Maybe cook an early dinner for lunch. Pet Luna. Binge tv series Reservation Dogs as I still have season 3 to watch. Stay sober and clean. Have as good a day as you can all. I will. Love.

24 Likes

21 Likes

Checking in. Still flawed but still coming back. Ive been watching a lot of Steve-os youtube and its wild how similar our recovery stories are. He quit drugs and the started doing everything else under the sun to try and replace that feeling. Really gave me some good motivation. If he aint dead yet, i can definitely keep going lol

14 Likes

Yes that was connected to a reply. Because as I mentioned in my #ThroebackThursday extreeme truck driving test in 2020 that was connected to why I started to work with trucks and how it is related to my injury :+1:
On the other hand I learned that indeed later I found that I really love this job.

3 Likes

Itā€™s done! A very friendly, calm and skilled medical assistant took my blood. No pain at all! Simply awesome! Iā€™m so relieved, you have no idea! Now Iā€™m waiting to talk to the Dr about our next steps :heart:

9 Likes

Oh that is lovely news ā€¦ grateful it all went smoothly and calmly for you. Much love Sabrinaā€¦ hope you have a wonderful Friday :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Hey yall first time checking in twice in a day in some time. I just wanted to throw this out to anyone dealing with anxietyā€¦ i have been for a while and in the past i would drink in every and all social situation to deal. After giving up booze (16 months was my longest) i soon turned to xanax in moderation to help with anxiety during work and social situations. Now 34 days without pills I have learned a few things to help me cope. The number one thing has been change of scenery. I had been in the service industry for 10+ years working at different bars and restaraunts in the tahoe area. Fast paced, high anxiety shit. I have since been doing home remodels with another sober friend. Anxiety has been way lower. Another thing that has greatly helped has been doing cold water therapy. The ā€œWim Hoffā€ method has been my go to, and I try to practice it daily through breathing exercises and then a cold plung into the river. This mental and physical benefits are fucking amazing, and I high recommend it to anyone(anxiety or not). Yo I hope you guys all have a good one. Its my birthday tomorrow and I plan to spend it sober!

16 Likes

18/19

All fine, good sleep. Looking forward to a sober weekend.

Keep on going everyoneā€¦ Time will pass no matter what, use it well. :pray::heavy_heart_exclamation:

18 Likes

Day 6 in the bank.

Family have gone away for the weekend while i stay home for work and to look after the dogs. Staying sober. Time for sleep and gym in the morning

19 Likes

Great to hear! Iā€™m planning to start cold plunging and I read a bit about Wim Hoff methode.
Any tips?
(I started thread about it)

3 Likes

Day 24. Orientation was good yesterday, just sat and went over some packets and then did some small tutorials on the computer and a quick exam. It did take me a couple times to pass the exam lol, but yeah then I came home and just kinda relaxed. Definitely was feeling very lazy this morning, didnā€™t really want to get out of bed which scares me so I need to get a better routine for that so I can be reliable. Im grateful I did wake up though and Iā€™m about to hit the road. Grateful I have a bike to ride, grateful im here and sober and just going to try and make it the best day I possibly can. Much love everyone

15 Likes

Good morning everyone :slight_smile:
Im still feeling low and im not surebwhat the word is, but abandoned? Jarred? Shocked? My qnxiety is back for the first time in quite some tine and this is very painful. In honesty i am not aure how to continue a relationshop with my dad. I am overwhelmed by the magnitude and darkness, and I have to somehow deal with this. I just feel so triggered, a word I dont use too often! Like deep deep deep, all my muscles are tight and sore and I feel beat up here.

Going to say a little prayer. I have to somehow find faith that I will perservere, that I have not done anything to deserve this and that I am better for this. I just cannot believe it, how long this slow poisoning has been going on my brain is blown. I need to get my brain back.

1. This is not my fault.
  2. I am not stupid for not seeing this.
  3. I do not deserve it.
  4. I cannot control this. (This last one is where I struggle, becayse I love my dad very much)

Grateful to be sober, my Lord the anxiety and physical stress I feel. Pray pray pray, more shall be revealed and this too shall pass. Karma karma karma xo. 1

17 Likes