Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

Going to bed sober. Happy new year. When it arrives. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Checking in with 609 days of sobriety. Feeling amazing not drinking and drinking and drinking to chanse a feeling i would never find.

Iā€™ll second this! Debating going to an AA party or chillin on the couch with Boscoe. Ive got an early morning. Ill play it by ear. Dont have to worry about driving drunk

19 Likes

Late check in day 4. Watching Jools Hollandā€™s Hootenanny. Sober end to 2023 and start to 2024 for me. Second sober new yearā€™s eve in a row, despite my blips! Proud :blush:

16 Likes

Hi everyone im new to this, only been on here around an hourā€¦

20 Likes

Happy New Year from the UK
:tada::tada::tada::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

14 Likes

Welcome @Lolly121 to an awesome sober community. How are you doing tonight?

6 Likes

1st sober New Year since my early teens, itā€™s been tough but I feel so proud :grinning:

19 Likes

Way to go! @Violagirl

4 Likes

Checking in for a sober NYE.

Itā€™s just me and the cats. I donā€™t miss big parties but it feels incredibly lonely to be here by myself. But why should tonight be any different than any other night. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be in bed well before midnight and then annoyed at midnight when the fireworks start.

I am glad to say goodbye to 2023.

OFDAAT

26 Likes

Welcome Lolly! No time like the present. I hope to see you around.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! I bet that feels great. Good for you!

3 Likes

Glad you posted Karen. Weā€™re here with you. Happy new year to you. Pet your cats for me, I miss having cats so much.

5 Likes

Omg its only 7pm here and its so dark. Im ready for bed. Im sure its gonna be an early night for me.

9 Likes

Day 352.

First 2024 check-in. My first sober NYE was awesome. I made beef wellington and a sugar-free apple pie for desert. The wellington came out deliciousā€¦ but disintegrated as soon as I cut into it. Still a great first attempt tho if I may say so myself.

We then went into town to watch the fireworks and found a really good high spot to enjoy the display away from the crowds. After that we walked home. Now Iā€™m on chilling on the sofa in my new Xmas pjs. 2023 was my first mostly sober year (I stopped drinking mid-January last year), 2024 will be my first fully sober year.

Managing the holidays without a single drop of alcohol increased my resolve and my confidence in my sobriety. This is it, fam, Iā€™m in for the long haul. And this community is a huge part of my success.

Happy New Year everyone!

26 Likes

Checking in before 2024. Itā€™s roughly 8pm here in the northeast part of the states. Works done in about 2 hours and Iā€™m gonna get some sleep before coming in tomorrow morning. Holidays are normally easy shifts. Just wanted to thank you all for helping me stay sober in 2023 and because you will in 2024. And thanks to the @moderators for taking the time to keep this place running safe and smooth. :v::green_heart:

21 Likes

Nicely done, it looks beautiful! Sounds like a great evening. Happy for you and happy new year to you!

2 Likes

Thanks, Joe :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Thanks Rosa! It was a lovely night. Happy New Year to you too. :heart::heart:

1 Like

Iā€™m not doing well. I wonā€™t drink - nothing here and not going out. And not in danger of hurting myself. But I canā€™t stop crying and freaking out. I donā€™t have anyone around I can talk to so I came here. Trying to breathe and calm down but I just start crying again.

18 Likes

Day 75. Ready to ring in the sober New Year and day 76 8n about 4 hours. Make it an amazing year my friends!!!

16 Likes