Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

Day 1,298 clean and sober today. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Here’s to a beautiful 2024 one day at a time. I’m very, very proud of everyone here, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

28 Likes

Wow that sounds like such an amazing time at your friends place!!! I’m glad you could relax and enjoy yourself bro. I love what you said about it’s not the picture but the lens we use to see it. Damn that was deep and beautiful. Proud of you man, hell yeah :sunglasses::metal:t2:

6 Likes

I absolutely love this!

5 Likes

Day
236 no alcohol
167 no vapes or ciggs
6.75 no form of pot (thc cbd hemp)

Happy new year

23 Likes

Day 5

Yesterday went as planned, meeting, Church and the afternoon spent with my parents. Got home around 9pm and saw in the New Year with Hubs and dog and a glass of AF sparkling rose. Grateful to be sober and grateful for another day.

22 Likes

Day 306

I hosted a new years celebration at my apartment last night. We set intentions; we talked about collective liberation; becoming sites of love; we ate so many cakes and fruit; we held moments of silence; recited poetry and danced into the new year. Woke up this morning with exactly 10 months of no hangovers—just crystal clear about the path I’m walking and looking forward to some yin yoga to get me right.

I hope your new year is filled with sobriety, peace, courage, love, pleasure, community and connection! Happy New Years!

31 Likes

Checking in day 31. Going to enjoy the day with my family with some good food and fun games. Have a great day!

@JazzyS, thank you for the acknowledgment, I’m sure you know it means a lot in these early days :heart:. I appreciate you and your kindness

22 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1296. I hope everybody has a good one!

Also…Happy New Year! :partying_face:

24 Likes

Day 29
Sober Christmas and NYE: check :white_check_mark:

Yesterday I went to see some friends at a bar, but was home again at 7 because I wasn’t feeling the vibe. I’ve been to parties sober before and I don’t care others drink, but I just don’t like hanging in overcrowded bars anymore. All the kisses, wishes and small talk, looking back it felt so fake.
There was this posh lady at the bar already drunk at 6 pm. I felt bad for her… What a complete different world.

Back home I had to deal with a totally freaked out dog untill 3 in the morning (my son stayed with him when I was out). I understand people like fireworks, but what’s with the f*cking bombs?! Whyyyy!!

My son asked me if I didn’t want one glass of Champagne at midnight, but I asked him it wouldn’t be only one for me, would it? I joked: I will go to my bedroom now to write on my alcoholists forum :laughing:

I’m prepared for difficult days, but I’m happy the first weeks of sobriety went smoothly. I have been a bit sluggish these days, so need to get my but cheeks off the couch again. I am glad the holidays are over, back to the normal routine in work, eating and sleeping (and to longer, brighter days, yay!)

Hope everybody is doing well! :v:

21 Likes

Day
136 no alcohol
167 no vapes or ciggs
6.81 no form of marijuana

I drove on the highway for the first time in years to get to work thismorning
Aaah im so happy. I did so good

I have my permit and ill get my licence god willing in about april or may

Happy new years day
Good things happen when your sober

20 Likes

@ana.Eli here it is! Welcome! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

603, checking in and wishing everyone a happy new year.

19 Likes

Day one - emotional to the maxx today. I got to stay focused and strong. Need to distract my mind .
Happy new year everyone :bouquet:

23 Likes

Happy New Year all! Checking in on day 173.

19 Likes

76days,and counting,Have a great New Year

19 Likes

Checking in day 1. Happy New Year. ODAAT.

24 Likes

Welcome back. Well done :+1:

4 Likes

Funny, I forgot what I had chosen as username 15 months ago. I decided this morning, I would look up trails and take a nice hike. I’m not even a regular hiker but I’d like to do more hiking, so the username fits! I can’t remember why I chose the username initially. Wishing everyone Happy Trails in 2024!

9 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Day 108 and doing well :slightly_smiling_face:
Happy New Year everyone!

15 Likes