Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

Second check in today.
My mood has lifted a little. I’ve packed away all the Christmas decorations for the year and am picking away at a little tidying. It has started raining and I need to go out to the supermarket for dinner later. I’ll try to go when it’s not so wet out.

16 Likes

Day 02! Woooohooo! Today my mood has lifted but my body is feeling a bit more weak. Plus sleep is needed and I need to get back to a healthy rhythm.
I faced one of my fears today and didn’t let the stress get to me and stayed strong.
Trying to treat myself with a bit of extra kindness for that .
Keep your focus, one day at a time loves :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18 Likes

I had some dental work done today as well, aaaaaa it’s never fun . I’m glad you had your husband to support you :revolving_hearts::bouquet:

5 Likes

Five years is just totally awesome friend! Huge congrats!

8 Likes

Good to see you Colin. Now let’s do this sobriety thing shall we?

5 Likes

Aww :blush: Jazzy. Thank you so much :blush:

I’ll tell ya who’s counting!
This guy!
:pray:t2::heart:

27 Likes

There you are. Huge congrats Eric! One Day At A Time and all that. Great work!

8 Likes

Thanks Meno. Appreciate you being here from my beginning and all your love and support.
:pray:t2::heart:
And your pics. Love the pics.

4 Likes

Second check in

What a day :roll_eyes: I’ll observe how I feel this week and if there’s no further improvement I’ll ask my Dr if I can increase my ssri dose. I take the absolute minimum, maybe it’s just not enough yet?

On my way home now :blush:

PS
Just stumbled across somatic exercises and tried my first short session before bed. I really like the effect it has :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Good night :sleeping:

8 Likes

2067036262funny-guys-dancing-animated-gif-4
Ok Eric…are you ready for it? :face_with_peeking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Congratulations with the :four::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

6 Likes

Definitely m8 comes a point and believe me no better time that’s been 3 weeks today hope ur well

6 Likes

Congratulations Eric! It’s been a pleasure to watch your journey from day one. I thank you for all the support you’ve given me, especially when I was struggling way back when :people_hugging: Oh, and also for all the kitty pics!!! :heart_eyes_cat: :heart:

6 Likes

Congratulations, Eric! Thanks for sharing this journey with us! You’re an inspiration!

6 Likes

Checking in on day 935, and I am quite sick today. Sore throat and body aches. Probably something I picked up traveling through airports for the holidays. I hope it’s not covid again. I slept late, and feeling grateful that’s an option today. Infinitely better to be sober, though. Sending peaceful thoughts.

13 Likes

Congratulations Eric. Time is flying :tada::upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Today will be a day of practiced patience and understanding personal differences.

Breathing today will make today easier to manage.

This respiratory combined with the stomach flu that’s going around is a real asskicker. It’s been weeks of this and there doesn’t seem to be any end.

My brother has made it to another day and I am thankful for that but myself and my sisters are torn. How does one wish for another day for someone they love so deeply but who is also in so much anguish and pain dealing with what he is going through? We also wish that his suffering would end and bring him peace.

One thing that I have finally learned truly is that life is precious and so very fragile. I have learned to live life and accept it for what it is each and every present moment.

I am grateful to have my life. Though Ill, I am healthy and very much alive.

2024 will be another year where I have to choose to make it good, being that it is going to start off early with such horrendous heart ache and pain.

12 Likes

F8D6E42E-9E4C-4B02-9FA2-511B25EC3D46
4 years sober is incredible. Congratulations

5 Likes

Made it through 7 days!

Started to work out again as of yesterday. Really want to make an effort to be active on a daily basis. Went for a run yesterday, did legs today. The hard part is going to be making sure i get enough sleep each night. If only there were more hours in the day lol. Also started a puzzle last night, and I’m in love. I didnt want to go to bed because i just wanted to keep working on it :joy::joy:

22 Likes

Congrats, Eric! That’s a big deal. Well done on staying the course!

IMG_5789

4 Likes

Yesssssssss! Way to be.
Enjoy your new year of AF days! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

5 Likes