Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

@residentevil Congrats on your bypassing your one month milestone Lizzie. I can imagine the trauma counseling can be triggering. You should be proud of yourself for not hiding with a drink. I am sorry that you are struggling. We are here if you need to some support. You are not alone.
@forrestkump Nicely done John – 6 months is amazing. :tada: Our bodies heal at different paces – be gentle with yourself. Glad you are feeling the healthy benefits. Hopefully the anxiety and stress will calm down soon for you.
@butterflymoonwoman I do hope you had a wonderful time tonight at the concert. :hugs:
@soberwalker Oh I’m sorry Claudia. Can be frustrating to get anxious about a conversation for it to be delayed.
@rob11 Oh I’m so happy to hear about your step out of isolation – meeting new people and enjoying activities. Glad to see you enjoying life :heart:
@dungeonmaster Good to see you checking in. This thread along with the Gratitude thread have helped me stay connected to my journey (especially during the hard moments). You are not alone friend – we got your back here.
@jasty2 WOW – I love that attitude and am grateful for the IOP program too – really seems to be working for you. Happy to be celebrating your triple digits tomorrow :partying_face:
@jules000 Way to go with your 1 week milestone! Ah love I’m sure your sister is hurting. A break up even when we initiate it is painful. Being there for your sister is the best way for you to be there for her. I am sure she knows how much you care and want to help. Big hugs to both of you :hugs:
@dolse71 So sorry Paul. I do hope that everything is ok. Sending you healing vibes. Grateful that you are sober and focused. Here for you :hugs:

Checking in on Wednesday evening
364 days free of alcohol and weed
779 days free of cigarettes
Had a productive morning helping out at work. Was able to rest for most of the afternoon to get my energy levels back up. Did find time to do a manicure and dye my hair. Will be a busy day tomorrow and then have my treatment tomorrow late afternoon which i am actually looking forward to. Not much else to report. Wishing everone a wonderful addiction free day - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

19 Likes

The dry air of winter and indoor heating has been making my nose and throat sore. It feels like I’ve had this stuffy, runny nose for weeks now. So many people are complaining of the same thing. My chiropractor said some doctors are starting to believe it to be respiratory damage from all the smoke from the Canadian wild fires during the summer. I’ve been thinking that the whole time. I feel like I never fully recovered. Idk. Pretty typical day. I’m just beat. I’m going to bed early :sleeping:

17 Likes

@Hidden belated congrats on 90+ days :tada:
@IamSophie belated congrats on 6+ months :tada:
@zzz belated congrats on 90+ days :tada:
@Scorpn good to read from you :blush:🩵
@nas belated congrats on your week+ :tada:
@Naomi I’m sorry about your Aunt’s and parents’ health :people_hugging: I’m glad you’ve joined in with checking-in too :blush: 🩵
@Nony belated congrats on your week+ :tada:
@Alden welcome :blush: belated congrats on 106+ days :tada: you’re not alone here :people_hugging: , sending strength 🩵 and good luck with your move!
@Noshame belated congrats on 5+ months no vape/cigs :tada: and also your week no cannabis :tada:
@Rob11 belated congrats on 3 years :tada::trophy::star2::star2::star2:

11 Likes

@EFountains belated happy birthday :birthday: :balloon::gift::partying_face:
@lorelai belated congrats on 500+ day no SH :tada:
@Dolse71 belated congrats on 2+ weeks no gambling :tada: just read your today post, I hope you’re okay now 🩵
@Just_Laura I love the gift program your daughter’s school has :gift: :mx_claus:t2: I hope you do start to feel better soon :crossed_fingers:t2::people_hugging:🩵
@Juli1 belated congrats on 2+ weeks :tada:
@Timetochange feel better soon 🩵
@Brian1965uk sorry about your worries :people_hugging: sending strength 🩵 but belated congrats on 400+ days :tada:
@Tragicfarinelli belated congrats on 30+ days :tada:
@Mischa84 wow, I can totally see why having your MIL over is so stressful! Sending you strength and patience 🩵
@Jmg congrats on 2 weeks :tada:

12 Likes

@Lainenicole96 congrats on 30 days :tada:
@Amy30 solidarity! sending strength :people_hugging:🩵
@DresdenLaPage congrats on 2 months and your own bed :sleeping_bed: :tada:
@DanaM56 congrats on 6 months :tada:
@Rockstar24777 sorry about the nightmare, that sounds so upsetting :people_hugging: sending strength 🩵 woah, that sure is trippy about what happened at work! How mad is that :scream: glad the resident made it.
@Barber508 congrats on triple digits :100: :tada:
@SobrietyForMe congrats on 90 days :tada:
@Silent-Soul welcome :blush: congrats on day 1 :tada:
@residentevil sending strength 🩵 we have to feel it to heal it :people_hugging:
@Deadman congrats on 1900 days :tada:

13 Likes

Haven’t been on here in a while but checking in at 2 years sober today :heart: couldn’t have made it through the first year without you all. Love coming on here and seeing familiar names. :revolving_hearts:

29 Likes

Congratulations @Pica
Two years is fantastic!! Big congrats! Enjoy your sober self and celebrate!

7 Likes

19 days in the bank.
Gym in the morning. Then a bush walk with the kids (their suggestion) and the dogs.
Also got a few errands done.
Productive day.

20 Likes

It’s good to see you DungeonMaster. Sorry for the circumstances you’re in.

The only control we have over our addictions is total abstinence. That way we never have to think what just happened because it didn’t.
And we need our sober communities. Choose yours but use it or them and use them consistently and often. This is a team sport and until I learned that nothing came of anything. We’re in this together. Take care friend :people_hugging:

12 Likes

Second night of good sleep in a row. I’ll tentatively call it a budding trend :wink:
It’s going to be a busy day today. I hope to get all the groceries for the next week done today and avoid the total mayhem of Last moment Christmas shopping.
A friend will be over and we’ll sing some songs. Maybe a walk :thinking:

17 Likes

Day 446 af

Just wanted to say hi, I’m alive :smile: Sleeping pattern still is all over the place, today I’ll stay awake for 24 hours. Sometimes that helps to get back on track :+1:
Oh, and I got this today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :kissing_heart: :muscle:

29 Likes

My weekend’s here. As is storm Pia. I had no big outdoor plans today anyway. I need to do some chores at home. I’m also worrying about Luna a bit. She’s not eating well. Again. Our old pets. They’re family.

At least I’m not harboring the illusion that drugging or drinking would take away any of my worries or pain. Early in Recovery I still thought sometimes I was giving up something by becoming sober. The longer I’m in, the more I know it was all lies. Never again. Life’s not easier sober and clean, but it is endlessly better. I can work on my thoughts and feelings -and see how they influence each other- instead of pushing them away. Which never worked anyway.

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. I will. Love from Amsterdam.

@Pica Huge congrats, great to see you Lady!
@Dolse71 Hope you’re OK Paul.

27 Likes

20231221_095523

21 Likes

Well done :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

Checking in on day 417 AF from an absolutely wild West of Scotland. Winds up to 80mph this morning, so there’s some bridges closed, ferries off etc.

20 Likes

Hugs and pets for Luna Menno.
Eat some food, baby girl … you’re loved sweet girl :people_hugging::black_cat::people_hugging:

@Sabrina80 hi good to see you post. I was going to put up a “ missing “ on you.

7 Likes

@ForrestKump sending strength 🩵 congrats on 6+ months :tada:
@Dilettante glad your first day went well :blush:
@SNS7 welcome back :blush: congrats on 3 days :tada:
@Jules000 congrats on your week :tada:
@Pica good to read from you :blush: congrats on 2 years :tada: :trophy: :star2: :star2:
@Mno I hope Luna feels better soon :people_hugging:🩵

1227 days no alcohol.
692 days no cocaine.
207 days no vape.

Checking in with yesterday’s numbers…

Didn’t get back to sleep on Tuesday morning after I’d caught up here, but did mamage a short nap in the afteroon, then had some broken sleep during the night, an improvement. Tuesday night I fell asleep early, and woke up at 3:30am, I couldn’t get back to sleep even though my eyes were still heavy, I didn’t do much at aĺl yesterday, I just felt very fatigued all day.

I managed to do some more wrapping when I couldn’t get back to sleep during the early hours of Tuesday, so I’m two thirds of the way through it now. Planning to finish it today (Thursday) hopefully.

Had a haircut Tuesday, the experience was awful regarding what the owner was talking about with his customer while I was waiting (transphobic bs). Then the conversation was also highly inapropriate between the barbers while I was having my haircut by a different barber (Jimmy Saville “jokes”), I also don’t like my haircut this time, so I don’t think I’ll be going back there.

I have been having a lot of flashbacks and some nightmares, so I’ve been having to ground myself and talk to myself out loud to make the panic go away. My cats seem to know, and seeing and stroking them really helps to calm me.

🩵

20 Likes

629 days sober. I hope everyone is on track with their goals :pray:

17 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball: :clap: :bouquet: :partying_face:

6 Likes

Happy to be sober.
Trying to finish my script and tests for december until Friday, to have a week off :evergreen_tree:

20 Likes