Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

The most important work is the work you do on yourself. No one else can do it for you. Good for you! Even if it is scary. šŸ©·

8 Likes

Day 342.

Iā€™m trying to decide whether to bake today and clean tomorrow, or clean today and bake tomorrow. In reality, I canā€™t be arsed with either activity but needs must and all that jazz.

I plan on making 2 gluten/lactose/sugar free options for my mom and my husband (sheā€™s lactose and gluten free, heā€™s sugar-free, both for health reasons). For years, family get-togethers have bugged me as I kept watching certain family members bringing stuff my mom canā€™t have and pushing them on her. Like this one time, my aunt tried talking her into trying the apple pie, itā€™s just apples, apples are good for youā€¦ completely disregarding that she uses a shed load of flour in the mix. Itā€™s hard to watch, really. Itā€™s not hard to show a tiny bit of consideration.

At the last family thing, someone brought deviled eggs. My mom loves delived eggs. The bitch added fucking yoghurt to them. She never put yoghurt in the deviled eggs before. Why now, when she knows my mom canā€™t have yoghurt? Itā€™s either ignorant or extremely petty, and Iā€™m not sure which option is worse. My mom is a sweetheart and she deserves better treatment from the wicked witches of eastwick.

In lieu of that, Iā€™m gonna make one hell of a point this Christmas by baking something delicious she can actually eat.

14 Likes

20231222_012701

17 Likes

Day 38, didnā€™t get to check in yesterday, just was kind of busy. But yesterday was good. I had a scare because I went to take money off the ATM and it took my money. The bank wouldnā€™t help me, but luckily the money eventually went back on my card. This morning was good said my prayers and gratitude still feeling pretty peaceful and happy. This medicine is also supposed to help with pain and lately I havenā€™t noticed any of the back pain or tension in my neck. I still have trouble reading everyoneā€™s post itā€™s so over whelming for me. But I wanted to say I am so proud of all of you on double digits, one week, Thirty days, or even day on. And a bit shout out to @JazzyS on the one year mark. Iā€™m so proud of you, and thank you for always lifting my spirits up. Yesterday I did buy myself a Xbox and TV. There were some other things I could of got instead now I am broke till next pay day. But Iā€™m always so bored and nothing to do with my mind, Ive never really had a problem with gaming or anything but I figured it would be nice to do something to keep me occupied. Iā€™m not mad at myself for getting it, I see it as keeping myself safe. Today is my Friday so I plan to do a little gaming this weekend. The girls from church keep calling me and Iā€™ll be honest I just donā€™t want to talk to them, i liked the church but I donā€™t really want to be apart of it. But they will literally call me like three times right in a row. Idk itā€™s just a little annoying. But much love everyone have a wonderful Friday

19 Likes

Day 1900 and something af. Seasons greetings, peace and love :heart:

27 Likes

98 days!
Tomorrow my husband and I leave for a two night stay at my sisterā€™s house for the Christmas holiday. They always have lots and lots of wine and liquor and beer there and I am ready with my delicious mocktail ingredients.
T.

20 Likes

Is there any particular reason you wonā€™t go? Did you have a bad experience with one in your area? Or are you worried about putting yourself out there? Not judging at all. Just curious. Iā€™m glad you keep coming back though. Just go ODAAT

10 Likes

Congratulations on a year free!

5 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1286. I hope everybody has a good one!

22 Likes

Happy Friday!! Day 66 here on a rainy Chicagoland day. At least the temp isnā€™t terrible (45F). I dont anticipate it being very busy today or tomorrow so I will just have to play video cames to stay occupied haha. Make it an amazing day my friends!

18 Likes

Iā€™d never heard of Elf of the Shelf either until my daughter started elementary school. I avoided getting one until her 2nd grade teacher had one in the classroom and she kept asking why she didnā€™t have one at home. Well, we do now :face_exhaling:

21 Likes

What do you play?

3 Likes

Clean fridge, you win the interweb today. Good on ya

9 Likes

Just checking in, 3.5 day weekend. Iā€™m hoping my boss sends an email at noon saying, ALRIGHT EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Family has been under the weather for 2.5 months. Kids now in school, just sharing sicknesses, spreading it to mom and dad. Took my son to urgent care yesterday, itā€™s been alot. 3 weeks before we head to mexico for a week, i just want everyone feeling better. Mentally, itā€™s been a real war lately. At work, mentally, I HAVE NOTHING. Like i need some kind of focus medication or something, but i just feel mentally i just stand here at my desk. I dont know. I need to actually plan my day and stick to a plan. WEā€™ll get there, eventually.

13 Likes

Do not be fooled. Thatā€™s only 1/4 of the fridge. It doesnā€™t show where the mulberry jam somehow leaked down the door and left a blood clot looking blob I havenā€™t felt like cleaning up for a week :sweat_smile: Or the ā€˜butterā€™ drawer overflowing with condiment packets that will never get used :rofl:

11 Likes

I hope everyone is well. These days are miraculous given the slime Iā€™ve been trudging through for the past couple of years. Iā€™m so grateful to be sober because I cannot imagine where I would be right now if I were still drinking. Iā€™d either be under a park bench with my buddies downstairs, or I would be married to some asshole I met on a dating app lol.

26 Likes

Been a few days. Checking in. Finally slept for 8 hours straight. Doing some xmas shopping. Trying to get out if a funk. I think its cuz xmas is so soon. Happy friday

17 Likes

Day 1,288 clean and sober today. Have a great day everyone, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

23 Likes

Im a World of Warcraft guy

4 Likes

3Y. 11M. 20D.
Third Holidays sober. Itā€™s not the best of Holidays. Although we have had a lot of fun. Drinking will not make it better. Iā€™m sure it will make things worse. Iā€™m so happy drinking is not even an option anymore. Iā€™m grateful for the Christmas season I am having. Sober. And nice.
Keep up the good fight yā€™all. Itā€™s so worth it.
Happy Christmas Happy Holidays and Happy Festivus for the rest of us.
:pray:t2::heart:

27 Likes