Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

38 no binge, no sugar
4 HPFs
3 dairy

Woke up with a headache. Probably hormone swings. Will definitely go away later.
My daughter is still away on her trip. My partner is working today. I want to do my weekly IT-checkup. The plants need watering.
I want to get into running again, and will go for a walk/run later in the day.
There is a poetry reading this evening we might attend to.
It feels like the most boring NewYears Weekend. But I don’t mind.

16 Likes

28 days in the bank

Woke up feeling much better. Weather was great so went to the beach with the family.
Decided to take off work tomorrow and Mon though. Still not 100% and am really conscious of getting anyone else from my crew sick.

Thankful to have my health, my family, and sobriety

19 Likes

Day 195. Looking forward to the new year. Working on my resolution list. Looking forward to rebuilding myself into the man I always wished that I was.

It’ll be a quiet lonely New Year’s Eve for me. Video games. Maybe a cigar and a bonfire by myself. Whatever happens I’ll be sober. Have a good day guys.

23 Likes

Feeling somewhat less sick as my temperature has dropped a bit. My throat, nose and sinuses are still messed up so it’s good I’m on sick leave this weekend. Glad I already said I’m not coming tomorrow or I might have been tempted to go while I am sure it’s better to stay home till 2024.

It also means I’ll be home for New Year’s Eve, or Oud en Nieuw as it 's called over here. Which is fine as it’s just a bunch of drunks throwing firecrackers at each other and causing general mayhem in the streets. Not very appealing anyway.

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love from my neighbourhood.

31 Likes

*Day 1928 :walking_woman:
Still feeling a bit blah, but there is progress :confetti_ball:
Hope you feel better soon also @Mno , the good thing is you do not have to work so you can give yourself the rest you deserve.
Today? A walk with hubby in the nature nearby our house, getting groceries and if I feel well enough I’m going to bouldering for the first time in my life :face_with_peeking_eye:
I have visions of myself on top of a fake mountain sneezing with a dripping nose :sneezing_face::sweat_smile:
That must be fun! :rofl:

(Picture from a walk a few days ago)

Have a good sober day all! :raising_hand_woman:

28 Likes

Video games and a bonfire in a peaceful place sounds wonferful to me. Hope you find comfort with yourself and can enjoy some of the solace! I am sorry to hear you will be lonely though. We’re always here if you need some people to connect with :pray:t2:

8 Likes

Starting day 5, feel great,gym then swimming this morning. I will then do some shopping,chores finished with a marvel movie marathon. My partner is sick in bed with flu, until recently I would use this as a good reason to go to the pub and get wasted but not anymore,I’m using it as an excuse to be proactive.

18 Likes

Day 189. I’m on call for work tonight so making sure I can relax beforehand. Currently listening to ABBA for a bit of a Saturday morning bop

22 Likes

Checking in on Day 3.

Meeting, shower, shopping and then chilling at home and pottering around doing the little things that make me happy.

21 Likes

Today,is Saturday,I have 74 days in men’s meeting this morning, Grateful for another day clean,and sober.

19 Likes

Day 46. Good morning sober fam. Well the last day and half with my girls was very beautiful and so grateful for the moments. It was all perfect in its own way. Thursday night we all had a hard time sleeping, the hotel bed just wasn’t very comfy. And my youngest tossed and turned all night, I was supposed to stay the night last night as well but would of had to call for a Uber to work in the morning and I’ve yet to take Uber and I wasn’t sure if they would be out that early. Also the fact we didn’t sleep great Thursday I was worried about sleeping Friday night bc I work this morning. So I left around 9pm I really felt bad, but I wanted to be safe and just make sure I get to work how I normally do. I instantly missed my girls as soon as I left, they didn’t want to let me go, they hugged and squeezed and asked for kisses over and over and it just made me so sad, when I got home I still couldn’t sleep bc I couldn’t stop missing my girls. I finally fell asleep around 1am and alarm clock was off around 445, my mind broke cycle and said well you didn’t do anything crazy yesterday you don’t need to shower this morning you can sleep in, so I snoozed the alarm clock over and over until next thing you know it’s 5:55 which is usually when I’m out the door. I rushed up, dressed quick and was on the road by 605. I realized as soon as I got on my bike I can’t let my mind play those tricks I need to stay disciplined and wake up and shower every morning and keep routine.
I called the hospital to see about any news, I know when they did the interview they said the lady was on vacation till this last Thursday that just passed. The girl said the recruiter will be calling to finalize everything, but didn’t say I was hired so I’m still unsure if I got that job or not. I had the weirdest dream as I was waking up this morning, I don’t ever dream or if I do dream it’s very rare, but it was my first day at the hospital and I walked in and the cleaners were just rushing around this lady was walked in front of me spraying chemicals on the carpet, and as I walked past other workers we’re scrubbing the floors and mopping and then there were crews using the floor machines and a crew stripping the wax and I could literally smell the stripping agent in my sleep, I was looking for the main bosses office and when I walked in it was full of people, all girls for some reason and one of the girls looked at me and said take your shirt off and stay a while, idk lmao i woke up from there and said wtf to myself. Anyways I’m at work today and just looking forward to getting home, I’m grateful for everything I have right now. I remember the last time I was sober for almost 15 months I felt like cleaning just wasn’t enough and I was meant for more. I have no idea what I’m meant for, I’m a lost little puppy. But Im just happy to have a job, idc if it’s cleaning. I know I have the choice to make better Career choices and yeah could of finished college and got my counselor degree but seriously I felt that wasn’t for me either. I have zero regrets dropping out of college. One thing I do know is I miss my girls so much and I wish I was in Tupper with them, but that doesn’t ever seem like it will happen. Maybe it’s not meant to happen, maybe I’m meant to stay here in Plattsburgh so I can get them away from Tupper when it’s time. Idk but much love everyone have a good day and sorry for this long ass post.

18 Likes

@Its_me_Stella happy birthday girl miss you glad all is going well and so proud of you. @Mno glad your feeling a little better this morning

6 Likes

Day 1,295 clean and sober today. Had a really strange couple of days off and am looking forward to going to work today to get out of my head. It’s been pretty dark in there but today is a new day.

Super proud of everyone here, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

26 Likes

Checking in on day 171.

23 Likes

Checking in on day 209 AF.
Motivation is pretty low today. I’m struggling to get out of bed at a reasonable time lately.
Last night was nice though. As my son was away for a sleepover I took my daughter to the Christmas market and we went on the big wheel and got hot chocolate and coffee. We then went to Wagamama for dinner. She mentioned a couple of times that I was zoning out and not paying attention to her. I’m not sure if that’s the medication or the depression that’s causing that.
Today is Saturday so I’ll be making my usual pizzas for us all.
Wishing everyone an addiction free day.

20 Likes

106 days…just bought my fave non alcoholic tequila for new years eve. How do people feel about these alternatives? My small city is having an event at a great restaurant celebrating all kinds of mocktails and n\a drinks. I like them :grinning:

19 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1294. I hope everybody has a good one!

20 Likes

Checking in on another beautiful morning with a pink winter sunrise. I’ve had such a hard time sleeping during this recovery from being sick, I even started feeling ill last night from exhaustion, but thankfully I slept well last night and woke up refreshed. I’m grateful to be feeling more back to normal and rebuilding my strength, still taking baby steps and trying not to overdo it.

I’m looking forward to another sober NYE, waking up clear headed on January 1 holds such meaning now, starting the new year on a good foot. My family’s tradition has been to do some hard work on New Year’s Day. In boozy years past I was too hung over to maintain the tradition, so following through with it has always felt good to me in sobriety.

I wanted to say for those who may have slipped over the holiday and have decided to wait till 2024 to try another quit attempt, there is never going to be that perfect day to quit. Why not today? I did that so many times, “I’ll quit after my birthday,” or “It will be easier after X event,” well there will always be another “reason” to drink. It helped me most to focus on the reason I wanted to be sober and not let circumstances or events or holidays be my excuse to continue in the pattern. Let today be your day, regardless of what is going on in the world around you. You can do this, we are doing it together. Sending sober strength, friends. :heartpulse:

25 Likes

Thanks Rosa and I wanted to echo this to those that had a set back recently, like myself. We can do hard things. I’m here fighting too with you. :heart:

11 Likes

I need to focus. 2024 Has a lot to bring of positive potential to bring to my life if I’m sober.

19 Likes