Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

Day
3.74 no cbd
202 no ciggs or vapes
271 no alcohol
72 no thc

Very nourvous for the wife. Dr appointment today and baby is very ''sleepy" and not moving for a few days now. She was told shed be induced this week at 39 weeks pregnant
Im at work but if she needs me ill leave early
Please god let our baby be ok

Her appointment is in about 5hours

20 Likes

Thank you so much @JazzyS. Your encouragement is always so warm and personal. I truly do appreciate you, you are an amazing person! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

IMG_2318
Happy Cake Day Billy

What a great inspiring wonderful share. I love these stories. Iā€™m so happy for you and that you popped in to tell us. One of the best things I that I heard on TS is protect that sober date at all cost!! Thatā€™s what youā€™re doing. Keep that shit up and enjoy life on lifeā€™s terms.
:pray:t2::boom::heart:

7 Likes

Thank you friend! You are one of the ones who was there and helped pull me through at the beginning! How are you doing? I hope all is well. Iā€™ll always have a place for you in my heart and memories jazzy!!! Thank you for being such a great friend!

7 Likes

Thanks brother!

2 Likes

Absolutely!!! Thanks for the kind words!

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be keeping your wife and your precious little one in my thoughts today. Wishing you all a healthy and happy outcome :pray::pray::two_hearts:

5 Likes

Itā€™s day 208 for meā€¦

17 Likes

Day 36 AFā€¦

I hate Mondays lol Friday Tiffany must have hated Monday Tiffany bc our schedule is off the chain todayā€¦

I hope everyone has a great sober day today. :black_heart:

17 Likes

I did it!
I successfully stayed alcohol free while visitingā€¦
LAS VEGAS
Weā€™re here one more night then on to the Grand Canyon.
Now that Iā€™ve gotten past the doubt Iā€™m confident I can stay on my path.
ODAAT
143 days af

21 Likes

Day 40. Yay :grin: so happy.

20 Likes

Day 5 is here! Iā€™m still feeling really great and motivated. Iā€™ve been getting a lot done lately, but try to remind myself to slow down when I need to. Itā€™s always been hard to listen to my body, but Iā€™m trying. Less coffee, less nictotine, no drinking and taking things in stride- without obsessing over any of it. So far, itā€™s been a really nice combination that eases daily stress. Writing is helping a lot too. I find myself having small epiphanies throughout the day and I write them down when I can. I hope everyone is having a great day today!

Stay strong, lovlies! :muscle::green_heart:

20 Likes

Day 242 gambling free. Iā€™ve started dating my daughterā€™s father a.k.a. my ex again last year and now weā€™re looking into moving in together. Today we went to see one apartment and weā€™re thinking of taking it. This is a big step for me and Iā€™m really excited. Looking forward to this new (and old) chapter.

17 Likes

Checking in day 35. Sun is shining. Power is still out. Still managed to work but now my laptop is out if juice. Going to get out and get some fresh air.

16 Likes

Checking in day 35 AF :blush:

17 Likes

Day 64
It was a long day. Spent a couple of hours in the hospital with my parents.
I was looking at my dad from a distance, an old man sitting in the waiting room and I felt so incredibly sad. All the attention was aimed at my mother, but we sort of forget my dad.

After hospital I had to rush to the office for a completely senseless meeting and after a commute through hell Iā€™m finally home. Once in a while I hate my job.

Tomorrowā€™s another busy day with work and an appointment at the notary. The weekend already feels like a distant memoryā€¦

Iā€™m gonna lay on the couch with the dog and watch a brainless show. I am done for today. Good thing is Iā€™d normally have wine after a day like this, but I donā€™t have any cravings :v:

17 Likes

Hi Lauren

I hope your a feeling a bit better today. Continue to push through. I can really relate to.how you feel that things get worse when your sober. Itā€™s not that they get worse itā€™s just we or at least for me see the unmanageablity that my life has become from being in active addiction for so long. We are finally feeling out feelings which can be at first.

Use your tools that you are learning, sharing and posting here is a good start. Lots of self care and take it slowly. Remind yourself why you decided to go on this journey of recovery in the first place. We are here for you. You can do this!

Reading through others recovery journeys and experiencing the miracle of soberity for countless others you see that life becomes so much better sober and this journey is so worth it.

5 Likes

Wow what a picture that is. :open_mouth::smiley: @Chevy55
Iā€™m sure you had a busy weekend shoveling snow :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #62 (Part 34).

Yes, that looks a bit like the environment I walk most of the time. We have some nature close by that used to be farmland but they gave it back to nature 20 years ago. I hope you had a great walk :green_heart:

3 Likes