Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

Day 36

I’m trying to get back to a normal sleeping routine. I am flexible in my working hours and that ended up in a habit of going to bed late and sleeping in. It also had a negative effect on my productivity. But today I got up at 7, even before my alarm. I think it also had something to do with the good night’s rest after a long beach walk yesterday. I got a lot of shit done today and that feels good!
Today I also started calory counting again. In march I’m going on a family holiday, a good motivation to lose a few pounds.

Everyday I think about how wonderful it is to wake up hangover free, to have a clear mind and no anxiety or weird body aches.

You cute people of the internet have a beautiful sober monday! :pray:

24 Likes

Day 464

Biking 16km without doing any workouts for months feels crazy :melting_face: I hope I’m able to move this body tomorrow hehe.
I was feeling secure on my bike, I wasn’t as nervous as the last time I had to ride to work. No fear. That’s amazing guys :heart_eyes:

Now I’m on my couch with my hot water bottle, snuggled up. I showered and ate and soon I’ll hit the pillow :+1:

Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :muscle::kissing_heart:

26 Likes

@Naomi I truly appreciate your consistent and always positive constructive or praise filled support.

You’re a very welcomed friend to my environment and surroundings. So thank you for being you.

@JazzyS this also fits you 100%

(Though to be clear I truly appreciate all of you)

2 Likes

Right back at you A2BP! :heart: I never really looked for a connection here in my early days of my sobriety, but this time I have been checking in twice everyday and it’s so nice to get to know some of you better. I feel a tremendous support from you and the other regulars here!

I’m thinking of you and wishing you strength today A2BP :pray:
Btw, do you have a nickname I can use? I always call you A2BP, but that sounds a bit like R2-D2 from Star Wars to me lol. But if you like my name for you we’ll keep it that way :blush:

7 Likes

I’m James, Naomi :slightly_smiling_face: but I’m used to many names so whatever fits haha.

1 Like

Nice to meet you James, aka A2BP :wink:

2 Likes

Likewise. I’ve also been doing calorie counting to get my cholesterol in order and doing my best to make sure I’m never in the same position as what my brother just went through. Trying to do the whole body, mind, body, soul thing to improve my chances the most I can.

Do you use anything specifically to keep track?

2 Likes

I use the app FatSecret, but tbh all of them work the same…

2 Likes

I’ve been using the free version of Noon, but you’re right. If they work that’s all that matters.

2 Likes

Good evening everyone :blush::blush:checking in on day 12! Got through Monday which is always a bonus :joy: xx

26 Likes

Happy to hear @Blondie75

2 Likes

Checking in on day 218 AF.
Today has been a good day. It started off a bit shaky with wanting to stay in bed after my alarm went off, but I managed to get up, showered and out to the morning yoga class. It was a really good class today and I felt better for doing it. I then met up with my support (taking my glass recycling on the way) and she and I walked about 12km according to my health app. I think we were walking for about an hour and a half. When I got home I made a pot of tea and had a phone appointment with my psychiatric nurse which was very useful. The kids and I are seeing her with a family therapist on Thursday. I think I’m a bit apprehensive about that but I’m trying to keep an open mind and not overthink it.
I’m just relaxing now after eating a delicious dinner prepared by my daughter. My body feels quite tired after all the walking and yoga, so hopefully I sleep well tonight.
ODAAT

21 Likes

Hi Sarah, you are on the same as me, I’m borderline 12 days. When you get through several weekends in a row or so starts to get easier. Very well done :+1:

7 Likes

Sounds like a great day! :pray:

3 Likes

Gorgeous pic Menno. I can almost feel that golden hour sun :orange_heart: X

2 Likes

YAY ! Congratulations on six months sober buddy :heart: X

1 Like

Just a quick check in.
I may have overdone exercise lately as my muscles are so sore :face_with_peeking_eye: A long soak tonight with some Epsom salts and taking it slower for a couple of days. I need to work on patience @Starlight14 :pray:
Much love to you all :heart: X

19 Likes

Thanks, Jazzy!! Couldn’t have gotten this far without TS and fine folks like you!

2 Likes

Free of alcohol 12 days
Free of THC 6 days

Heavy heart but clearer mind and healing soul. One day at a time. Our friend has stage 2 breast cancer and has shared about her journey ahead. I didn’t know much about cancer and its treatment and I feel so bad for this beautiful person who was one of my first and closest friends when I lived in LA. She is one of the most kind, consistent, and non-judgmental people I know. I hate she has to go through this. Meanwhile I’ve treated my body like crap for decades.

Thank you @Mauvaisminou :yellow_heart::yellow_heart: I started taking products with THC to counteract the anxiety I felt between alcohol binges, and then got to a point where I had to be on something pretty much all of the time to function. So grateful for you, this community, and being clean and sober today.

19 Likes

Checking in, sober.
Grumpy is back :frowning:
Kids are not listening, weather is shit, same old same old.
Tomorrow is a new day. I hope tomorrow grumpy is gone.
Love you guys!

21 Likes