Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

Checking in 4Y. 1W.
https://www.serenityvista.com/blog/attitude-of-gratitude-in-recovery
Gratitude Still my go to tool everyday 4 years later.
:pray:t2::heart:

17 Likes

Checking in with 3 days under my belt.

Iā€™m currently at work and the day has been going faster than i expected for a late shift! May even go to the gym for a second day in a row depending on how i feel when i get home.

Thankfully the headaches are subsiding. My cravings for a bottle of wine always hit me towards the end of the day so hopefully i can keep myself distracted this evening with either the gym or a good few episodes of Elementary whilst doing my jigsaw puzzle.

26 Likes

@HolySquid sending strength :people_hugging:šŸ©µ belated congrats on 10 months :tada:
@Jimz belated congrats on your week :tada:
@Divadawn711 welcome :blush: that puzzle looks epic! :star_struck:
@Chole welcome :blush: congrats on your days so far :tada:
@JINXER welcome :blush: congrats on triple digits :100: :tada:
@Garry congrats on your new PB :tada:
@Lexi_Liu welcome :blush: congrats on your sober time :tada:
@anon68572606 Iā€™m glad itā€™s comforting that you know heā€™s no longer suffering, but sorry for your loss :mending_heart::people_hugging: sending strength šŸ©µ
@Riley_1 belated congrats on your week :tada: Iā€™m glad your friend was supportive šŸ©µ
@Deelzebub Iā€™m so glad your family visit went well :smiling_face: šŸ©µ

7 Likes

@EarnIt welcome back :people_hugging::blush: congrats on 9 days :tada: sending well wishes for your further recovery :sparkles:
@Mauvaisminou welcome :blush: congrats on all of your sober timers :tada: feel better soon šŸ©µ
@Jules000 guided meditations and reading work best for me :blush:
@J_Lo_Ste sorry for your loss :mending_heart: :people_hugging: sending strength šŸ©µ
@ana.Eli congrats on your week :tada:
@Rockstar24777 hoping a new opportunity to do something you love comes your way :crossed_fingers:t2:šŸ©µ
@Lile01 congrats on your week :tada:
@Pattycake congrats on 6 months :tada:
@Happy_Trails congrats on your week :tada:
@Alycia congrats on 650 days :tada:

6 Likes

@Mira_D I hope youā€™re all feeling better from this sickness soon šŸ©µ
@Mno I hope today, your first day in your new role, went really well for you :crossed_fingers:t2::blush:
@wahtisnormal congrats on 2 weeks :tada: and for your new running PB :running_woman: :tada:
@HillbillyChris Iā€™m so sorry for your loss :mending_heart: :people_hugging: sending strength and love šŸ©µ
@Noshame congrats on 2 weeks no marijuana :tada:
@DresdenLaPage congrats on passing your theory :clap:t2: :tada: and for 80+ days of sobriety :tada:
@ShadowCopy congrats on your month :tada:
@Ofmiceandroach welcome back :blush: congrats on 3 days :tada:

1246 days no alcohol.
711 days no cocaine.
226 days no vape.

Checking in with yesterdays numbersā€¦

Slept quite well Saturday night, taking my evening medication later seems to be working and Iā€™m sleeping for longer intervals. I keep having nightmares about one of my phobias though, big spiders :grimacing: so I hope that stops! (I typed this Sunday night and must have typed too soon because I only slept from 1:30-3am Sunday night). :upside_down_face: Last night though, I fell asleep very late, but then slept for around 8hrs. :raised_hands:t2:

I spent Sunday working my way through the longest chapter Iā€™ve ever came across in a book before, itā€™s such hard reading too, there are so many words Iā€™ve never seen or heard before! I have to keep Googling them out of curiosity. The book is called Happy, and itā€™s by Derren Brown. So far, itā€™s about all the ancient philosphers and their thoughts on happiness and how to attain it. Itā€™s definitely interesting, but feels more like studying than a leisure activity!

I also managed to get out for my lake walk Sunday, so I met my target for physio for last week, so thatā€™s progress. Hoping to get out for it again today once the school rush clears.

Yesterday I didnā€™t have the energy to do anything, I only managed to do my morning routine and meditations, but then the rest of the day just kind of passed me by.

I have spent all of today catching up here. Itā€™s after 3pm now and Iā€™m about to start my ā€œmorningā€ routine, before hopefully going for my lake walk.

šŸ©µ

24 Likes

Thank you @CATMANCAM I truly appreciate you taking the time to personally reach out to each of us. It takes a lot of coordination to read each post, remember all the important details, and then respond to each of us.

You are a kind and thoughtful person.

May that kind of care and concern be given to you.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s just awful Chris. So sorry for your loss. Life can be bloody cruel. :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Day 1116,

Bit tired of working on myself, or it just might be something else like fear. Tonight starts my portret photography course, maybe just it, meeting new people. Thoughts what will they think of me, will be somebody there I know etc. :grimacing:. And still maybe more, just some feelings I canā€™t pinpoint. Had to cancel my meeting with my sponsor due to the course, while I know itā€™s time to spend time on the steps after some weeks without. My fears next, so might be triggering as well. Worked them out, but still need to discuss them. And of course Iā€™m impatient, no quick fixes I know :face_with_peeking_eye:

:heart:

16 Likes

Day 9 harder today, I had an appointment this afternoon and I was all dressed up with my wallet and I nearly caved but I didnā€™t,back home,thank god.

17 Likes

Congratulations on the will power. So glad you made it home safely.

5 Likes

Thanks! So grateful for TS!!

3 Likes

Checking in on day 181. Keep racking up the days, all!

14 Likes

Congratulations on 4 years! :tada::tada:

3 Likes

Congratulations Joel! Itā€™s a huge accomplishment. Be proud of yourself. :blush:

3 Likes

Hold on Indie, youā€™ve got this. Iā€™ve done duvet therapy when the cravings were too much. Nothing wrong with that if it keeps you safe.

2 Likes

I was catching up and just read your post. What a devastating loss! My heart goes out to you and your family. :pray:

3 Likes

Hey Michael this community is always here to support. The dating apps are brutal. I deleted them as well six or seven months ago because it just added to my depression. Focusing on yourself is a great idea. I did the same before I got sober which ultimately led me to sobriety. Itā€™ll come together before you know it.

6 Likes

Checking in day 205 AF

It is bitterly cold today in AZ 32 degrees outside. Feeling better again today hoping the nasty cold and flu is behind me.

Checking in early to avoid work. Itā€™s been slow, itā€™s just time to look for a different place job. Iā€™ve got a lazy coworker that drives me nuts. Several for that matter if Iā€™m honest. Fortunately Iā€™ve got another short week this week along with next week.

Feeling well without alcohol and I donā€™t have the desire as of late to drink. I do kiss a good glass of red wine with a nice steak but I understand alcohol is not for me.

Hoping to start back to the gym in the next few days.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy your day.

20 Likes

21 days :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

17 Likes

My patience was short yesterday because of my overwhelming feelings of loss, but today will be different. Iā€™m sure tears will still occur, but when I feel overwhelmed I will sit and take some breaths and bring myself into the moment.

Getting chilly here and began to snow for the first time this winter where it may stick around for a bit but weā€™ll soon see.

12 Likes