Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

Day 19 on my way to Taco Bell because I’ve never tried it and they now opened in my neighbourhood and now I actually have money to spend on useful stuff like this instead of bullshit. Have a good one y’all!

20 Likes

Love this ! The view & the music :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: X

2 Likes

Feeling very serene at the moment, along with working on patience ive slowed my whole being down lately, i never knew how freeing it would feel to just take my foot of the gas instead of dashing around both mentally and physically and just do what needs to be done but allowing life to unfold on its terms and gliding through it, far too long i lived my life up on my nerves and i dont really know why, i like this new laid back style. Love to you all :heart:

17 Likes

What a view of St Michael’s Mount you lucky one! I assume it is anyway?

2 Likes

Love this post! I notice as my kids get bigger ita a little easier to do, but at the same time I dont want them to get bigger lol. I am trying to embrace the “chaos” & demands of life. Xo.

6 Likes

Hi. Yes. Beautiful spot, wonderful this time of year and great for dogs! And folks out on paddle boards and kayaks today as the sea was so still

2 Likes

Good morning ya’ll,

Safe to say Im pretty tired. Im not sure how but a gastro bug is going around again. We just had it in our house a month ago and now its hit us again. Our daycare and the one I work at are both having this 2nd outbreak, where kids who had it are getting it again. We have been sick in this house for a month straight. Gastro, then over xmas upper respiratory and now gastro again. Im just tired, and feels like we havent had a space or break for a month! Just feeling a bit out of sorts but trying to just go with it…its just sick & nothing I can do about it. I just feel like I need to fill the well but havent had much time to do that.

Feel very grateful that I didnt have any cravings yesterday either. Seems like it was that one day, and I appreciate others on here affirming that given the situation its normal. Its not a failure, but an indicator to be mindful, proactive and Im kind of grateful too I had this trigger prior to the trial just to remind me of my vulnerability so i can prepare. I want to stay sober so badly, and its very strange how during cravings all the shit you know seems to get replaced with addixtive NONSENSE.

I also set a boundary with my new job, and I know it may backfire but honestly I think in work spaces its important to set your boundaries. I have been hired as casual to supply when they need support staff, and I was very upfrpnt that covering closing hours is something I could do at most 2 times per week (if its regular), and that I could manage covering if say a closing staff is sick for a week or two at a time for illness/vacation. Super upfront because I dont want to take a job where I cant do it. Now they keep asking me to do an aftercare shift, which is to go in for only 3 hours feom 330 to 6:00. They asked me to do that shift all week, so I just reiterated what I originally told them and especially for a 2.5-3 hour shift it would be not worth it at all (my hisband would have to leace work at 230, which is not possible or affordable) to be home for our daughter when she gets off the bus then have to go get our son from daycare. Logistically its a nightmare, and financially its not worth it. I had a little thought like maybe they wont like that, and then not offer me full ahifts but I have no reason to fear that. I was up front about this shift & being the default parent I will rearrange things for a normal shift or to help with aftercare 1 or 2 times a week but…Im not the one. You gotta do whats right for you and your fam, even if others dont like it or understand.

14 Likes

Thank you to @Wakikki @CATMANCAM @JazzyS @HDSober @Just_Laura @Mira_D @TrustyBird and all the :heart:, (sorry if I left anyone out but ty as well)

First I apologize for my “sailor” rant lol. I don’t really swear but that’s what I was feeling atm. I hadn’t experience that strong of an urge since I committed to sobriety more than 7 months ago.

Thank you to all that responded to my cry for support and this forum in general. Y’all were the first vehicle of help I turned to…and you didn’t disappoint. Thank you…again and again!

I moved on and got distracted and a few hours later the thoughts dissipated. It was tough though. And from what I read and understand these get fewer as I continue down the path of life. I pray so cause that wasn’t fun.

Anyway I’m here all good, but thanks again everyone. Much love and gratitude :heart::pray:t3:

19 Likes

Day 1,304 clean and sober today, day 1 for the gym. Yes I finally made it there and now it’s time for consistency and repetition to build the habit, just like sobriety. I hope everyone has a magical day today, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

23 Likes

Just curious what this is?

3 Likes

Highly / Ultra Processed Food. If I eat that stuff I go on an awful binge.

4 Likes

This is so beautifully said. Sending you and your brother love :heart:

1 Like

I’m checking in one day shy of six months.

16 Likes

Ok cool thank you very much!

2 Likes

Way to go on ur 1st day back to the gym! Im working on building a gym habit as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you and yay! We can do it!!!

3 Likes

With great sadness, and a combination of some relief… My brother is no longer suffering from this pain he has endured for so long and is now hopefully reunited with our mom and dad in a better place.

R.I.P. Love you always big brother.

46 Likes

Oh no :frowning: My deepest condolences to you amd your family. Im glad hes not suffering anymore but still… its hard to go thru the passing of a loved one. Im so sorry

7 Likes

11 days no alcohol, 5 days no THC, healing and getting stronger each day :pray::star2:

Didn’t sleep well last night, started thinking about the job/finance situation again and almost had another panic attack. But since I’m not drinking I was able to come back. I am embracing this journey and taking it one day at a time. Grateful for the time to get better. The weather has been dreary every day. I am having to find peace internally rather than from external factors. Everything has been stripped away to the fundamentals. This is where the learning and growing can begin, with me and my higher power. Love reading all of your posts. Stay strong :mending_heart:

17 Likes

Checking in with day 11 nearly over. All good here. Peace and love to anyone suffering today. @anon68572606 my sincerest heartfelt condolences. You are in my prayers.

16 Likes