Im so sorry for your loss @anon68572606. Sending hugs! :heart:

3 Likes

Im so sorry, thinking of you :heart:

4 Likes

Love to ur big brother and especially to you and loved ones​:pray::pray::pray:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss :heart:

4 Likes

Glad you’re ok Chris @Chosen2001 and the thoughts abated… Take care :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

So sorry for your loss, A2BP, sending you and your family strength :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss @anon68572606, thoughts are with and your family on such a difficult day

2 Likes

Checking in day 117 SAF and day 103 smoke free. In work for a long shift today, but I had some free time, and I went back and read through one of the first check in threads from a few years ago. It was nice seeing some of the people still around today, back then with very early sobriety and struggles, navigating they’re way. It just reaffirms the fact that it can be done, it just takes work and time. It doesn’t happen over night .

16 Likes

Day 2580. Having a relaxing morning then will go to my women’s meeting at 12:30. After that, I will walk for at least 30 minutes in the nice neighborhood where the meeting is. Have a nice sober Sunday all!

16 Likes

242 no alcohol
173 no vapes or ciggs
12.98 no form of pot (thc, cbd, hemp)

Snow today
Shoveled out
Got to work ontime

Very easy here at work

I guess dnow stops at around 7
We will see

Have a good day everyone

15 Likes

Glad you made it through. That is what this site is built on. Well done!!

7 Likes

I am so sorry to hear of your brothers passing. I appreciate you sharing about a mixture of feelings. May you feel his presence in your life & reach out as you grieve. Sending love xo.

3 Likes

Thank you to each and every one of you.

I don’t have friends where I live that I’m close to, so this is really where I can come.

13 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this.
Sending you love & strength.
:people_hugging::heart: X

2 Likes

19 days sober today is the first day i haven’t felt the urge for whiskey sober grateful to be sober

24 Likes

First sober weekend of the year! Really proud of myself, went a big walk today with my friend and discussed my struggles with her. No judgement and very supportive.

Happy Sunday everyone :blush::sparkles:

23 Likes

@garry Congrats on 1 week milestone – keep it going strong :muscle:
@tragicfarinelli Great work on your double digits! So happy for you to realizing that you are entitled to be there :people_hugging: A huge victory in realization :heart:
@blondie75 great to see you checking in with us – congrats on your double digits :tada:
@Lile01 How is your day treating you Indi? Were you able to do some self care today? Hoping that the anxiety has subsided for you :hugs:
@deelzebub how did it go today Delia? I do hope that your uncle did not do any sort of switcharoo – great planning to take your own non alcoholic drink.
@mira_d I’m so sorry for the illness – I can imagine how tiring that must be, especially for it going on for so long. Sending healing energy your way! :pray:
@chosen2001 Great to see you checking in Chris. Never apologize – glad you were able to vent here and gain support. WE all need that from time to time. Glad that you were able to find distractions and let that urge just wash over you. So much strength – it does get easier my friend :hugs:
@anon68572606 :people_hugging: so sorry dear friend – sending you my condolences and comforting hugs. Grateful that he is no longer suffering. Wishing you all some inner peace and love during these times :heart:
@naomi I do relate with your situation. For me I found that some people (whom I thought were friends) could not be happy for me. Found ways to discourage me or make what I did in making my life better seem like meaningless efforts. Our relationship was one sided with me always be there for them and them not caring for my well being. This all came to light when I got ill and they could not be bothered. It hurt and I have had some great times with them and know them for 30+ years but in reality I realized our friendship had run its course. Not to say you need to cut this friend off but knowing that your relationship is one sided, you should set up boundaries for yourself so that you don’t continue to get hurt. Love your line of not letting anyone suck you dry in life – so important and necessary to stand up for yourself!
@riley_1 A huge congrats on your first sober week / weekend sober! Happy Sunday friend – keep going strong :muscle:

Checking in on Sunday afternoon
Had a lovely start to this day with family. Feeling so much better today emotionally. Watched a great movie and now caught up on TS - may take a small nap then finish up with my work. Not stressing and trying to enjoy the moments. Grateful that i woke up practicing my list of gratitude’s and remembered to put some down. The gratitude practice really is a game changer!
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening! Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

24 Likes

You’re absolutely right Jasmine to protect our boundaries. I cut some people of over the years, but with her it’s different. Thanks for reading my epistle :see_no_evil:
I find the daily gratitude list also a game changer! I’m glad you had a good day, what movie did you watch? (Always in for :movie_camera: recommendations!)

5 Likes

Second check in today.
We’re home from the family party and it went pretty well actually. We ended up using the virtual reality headset for a bit. My mum was not drinking as she didn’t want to get horribly drunk in my uncle’s home, and there were plenty of alcohol free options on offer. My cousin and his fiancée’s Alsatian is possibly expecting pups and they asked if I’d be interested in taking one. I’ve never had a dog before so I’m going to give it some thought. I think it could be good to have the routine of walking a dog. My other cousin is running a printmaking workshop across town and invited me down to see if he could get me back into printmaking. All in all there was a good feeling today, and I felt a sense of possibilities.
I stuck to alcohol free drinks and enjoyed the buffet. Now I’m home with some dark chocolate and a pot of rooibos tea.
Tomorrow I plan to go to yoga on the morning and then I have a meeting with my support worker in the afternoon. If the weather is poor we usually go for coffee but if it’s dry we’ll go for a walk.
I’m glad to be getting back to a normal routine.
ODAAT

16 Likes

totally get it - here if you ever need to vent.

I watched Yes Day with Jennifer Garner - a great family type feel good movie.

should check out the Movies Check-in / Reviews :vhs: thread – some great recommendations there :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes