Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

I love this Delia!! so happy for you and very glad to hear that you had a good time… Enjoy that tea and dark chocolate :yum:

1 Like

Day 18 and had good few days. Still struggling with illness or as I call it “my body finally getting heard about the years of neglect and being pushed so hard to compensate for all the boozing/crap food/rubbish sleep”
Its not impressed at all!
Went to an AA meeting yesterday by synchronicity of the Goddess directing me. Was going for a ride on my new bike( the $ saved from no boozing) and enjoying it so much i got lost as new to this city. Recognised an old stone church as the one i was thinking of going to a meeting on Weds so thought id check out the gardens and different historic church buildings. And of course people were arriving to an AA meeting ( you can spot your fellow recovery people!) Of course went in, had a great meeting, had moments of realising this was where i needed to be and meeting with potential sponsor later this week.
Topped of with seeing Heat( 1995) on the big screen . Sober and life is ok, still tough stuff and challenges but engaging with them sober makes all the difference. Yes arguments- but im not drunk, hungover or then numbing with a drink- ok who am i kidding a bucket of resentment self righteous gins.
Few days at home on my own is another opportunity to do life different. Easy to pick up get messed up and then hide evidence, lie, deceive , wash all my bedding, clothes and frantically get rid of that stale alcohol dripping out of my pores. So putting it out there with good friends and supports to RING check my voice plus have a plan of painting course, bike ride and couple of great movies and meetings.

12 Likes

Just checking in. I am back in day 9, as I spent a real sad and clueless time when returning from the hospital. No kidding, I really wish I knew what the accident looked/felt like!

Little tidbit, no sense of smell or taste. It’s forbidding for me to not have those things. I also get a wee bit wobbly when forgetting food, which I am really working at.

For a long term, I didn’t spend much time on this site, as typing was against what my brain was allowing. So, pals…I can type now and I am glad to be back. I am still participating in The Luckiest, too.

There are so many of you, whom I miss greatly. XXOO

21 Likes

That’s a tough situation.

In my understanding it may be likely that she thinks you’re truly amazing and a person to envy herself but doesn’t know how to in a healthy manner.

In the end I agree that creating your boundaries around what you share is a good idea.

Put some positive vibes her way in hopes that she finds peace and understanding in the way she relates to others in her life, especially you. I know I will for you.

Maybe one day being honest with her about how she interacts with you can heal the way the relationship is going. She may not even be aware of how she is reacting or behaving and that may help her change too. This obviously is not easy to do or even something that can be done with all people, and you’re a better judge of this situation than I am.

Either way, good for you in choosing what’s best for you and your intentions.

1 Like

Checking in. Rough day today emotionally. Hoping it’s just because I am tired and tomorrow will be better. I know drinking would make things worse.

11 Likes

I noticed you’re really racking up those days with no form of pot….keep it up man :muscle:

8 Likes

I am so terribly sorry about your loss @anon68572606

2 Likes

Narcotics Anonymous offers addicts a program of recovery that is more than just a life without drugs. Not only is this way of life better than the hell we lived, it is better than any life that we have ever known.

NEVER CRAVE ALONE

13 Likes

I did a 90 minute deep tissue massage yesterday and today I feel like GARBAGE. I have the monster headache and nausea only experienced with a 3 bottles of red wine drunk historically.
My joke is the masseuse rubbed a load bearing knot and the whole structure is coming loose but for real, this is painful. Hot shower and grocery shopping before a snowstorm are my only plans. How did I ever accept the feelings of a hangover this awful and keep coming back for more? Day 690 and a hard pass on a relapse anytime soon. Veggie soup and healthy things are in my future. Ouch!

23 Likes

Obviously sending love but from the outside looking in I would also like to say how proud I am of you for the way you are dealing with this and the strength of your sobriety.
You know where we are if you need us.

5 Likes

Thanks friend

The last time i smoked weed i got super sad. The negativity in me just stayed in my head until i wasnt under the unfluence from it. Then i understood i feel that way everytime i smoke. Weed makes me a weaker person

5 Likes

Condolences, friend.

3 Likes

Hello friends. I’ve just joined this type of media after deleting all of my social media a few weeks ago. It became an unhealthy coping mechanism for me. I found my screen time was up to almost 8 hours some day! That’s basically me making it a full time job. And it gave me the same amount of stress as one. So I find myself sober from multiple things these days. I’m almost 18 months clean from drugs. About 2 or so months from alcohol though I never much liked it in the first place. Lastly, I’m close to 2 weeks sober from social media. Anyways, at the start of 2024, I wanted to use the free time for simplicity like spending a few aimless hours at the park. Some other ways I’ve been practicing are more dedicated time to spiritual practices, reading, and creating. My screen time was at 1-2 hours a day. These have made my first few days of 2024 blissful, beautiful and rejuvenating. But, the past two days I’ve been ill. So, being stuck inside with not much energy has left me watching lots of tv, reading and laying around. It makes me feel miserable. I miss the sun and I miss the serene stillness. It was tempting to relapse into social media but I stayed strong. So it’s a win in my book. I’m ready to move back on up. Okay thanks for listening!

28 Likes

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Welcome to the TS community @Mauvaisminou

I too do not use social media other than this.

2 Likes

Today I did the following:

Got my sister in and out of the shower,
Got her ready for church,
Made us both breakfast,
got myself ready to go to church,
Made lunch for my sister and I
After chruch I brushed the snow off me any my sister’s cars,
Took a break to play a game with my sister and drink some coffee,
Shoveled the deck,
Brushed off the cars again,
Did the dishes,
Made dinner for my sister and I,
And finally watched some TV,
Now to bed.
Barely any time to do anything for myself today. The doctors wonder why I’m so tired and fatigued. I need more time for me but I can’t do that until my sisters knee is better and she can function without me. Maybe some advice on how to wind down before bed so I’m not so wide awake? Thx everyone

14 Likes

Hey Jules! Sounds like a busy but beautiful day. Some things I use to wind down before bed are:
• breathing exercises
• consciously relaxing every part of my body one by one
• prayer
• dumping my thoughts to my journal, partner or through conversations with God
• writing my to do list for tomorrow so that I’m not up all not trying to remember it

I hope you find some of these helpful :heart_decoration::heart_decoration::heart_decoration:

10 Likes

Checking in day 204

Sunday night after a rainy day so very nice. Slept most of the day but feeling much better. Easy relaxing weekend hanging out.

I learned that one of my friends who had been sober for quite sometime relapsed. It made me sad. I’m worried about her. She’s back on track so that is good.

Dreading the full week of work and then I remembered I took a vacation day on Friday. Yay to me for being clever. lol.

Sleep well everyone.

19 Likes

Day three today. I had my first day of work after three weeks off. It was very difficult to break out of the routine I was in when I was last at work. Heading to my first AA meeting in 3 hours and I’m feeling very anxious. Beautiful weather though so I’m about to do some gardening before cooking dinner :potted_plant:

23 Likes

Nothing to write home about tonight. My neck and lower back have been stiff. Probably from the weather and cleaning. I feel older than I ever have this winter (probably bc I am :upside_down_face:). My chiropractor appt isn’t til next Monday so yoga will have to do. Feeling a bit tired already so I’ll probably wind down soon. Enjoy the journey :pray:

21 Likes