Checking in daily to maintain focus #63

Made it to day 7, somehow.

Christ, are the withdrawals bad. I feel like I’m back at day 1 again. I feel so unwell, I almost cracked and drank. Dunno how, but I pushed through it.
Going to try and sleep now, I hope to god I feel somewhat better in the morning.

26 Likes

Oh dear. Mama was cranky this evening. Just feeel my patience is low and I notice that doesnt go well with kids :laughing: My son unbuckled himself from his carseat and was hanging off the side and wasnt listening to sit back. I felt like 2 was really nog that bad, but hes just about to turn 3 and hes been so testy lately. Screaming a lot and ita driving me mental. I think he may have an ear infecfion so goinf to get him to see the doctor, but oh my. He got home and screamed bloody murder.

I shouted at my daughter too bc i was just at my brinks end. Her friend was supposed to come Saturday, but hef mom got sick so plans fell through. My daughter was very disappointed, but being so rude to me and her dad about it. I tried to be understanding, while also explaining you can be disappointed but you dont speak to us that way/dont be rude. Its such a line man. But today was just them fighting and fml i am just glad the weekends over. Im not smoking and probably cranky from that too, but I had one this evening while my son was screaminf bloody murder.

Just wabt to curl in bed with my book now Im so fuxking done xo

18 Likes

20 days weed free. 2014 days alcohol free.

Vet says cat looks healthy besides minor upper respritory infection. Says theres zero signs of rabies and i shouldnt worry cuz its so rare in our county. Ive had the cat 8 days now and has eaten and drank every day. Never hissed or scratched me and only gave me a little love bite that didnt break skin or bleed one bit when i touched its back paw. Trying to just talk this through cuz my mind is still playing games with me

28 Likes

Day 728
More running around to do on my sprained toes. The pharmacist screwed up on my sons meds last night and didnt give us enough antibiotic to get us thru until the remainder came in. So i had to travel to the pharmacy and get a refund and then go to another pharmacy to get the rest. Its times like this I wish I had a car. My toe is very bruised and still quite painful.
Other than that the evening is going well. We had a good supper while watching the game. And now im about to put my son to bed. Tmrw i will be starting a valentines day cake. Really needing some baking therapy for sure! Hope everyone is having a good night :star_struck:

28 Likes

Checking in on Day 320!

☆☆☆

Clean, sober, happy, and healthy!!!

☆☆☆

God Bless you all!!!

☆☆☆

28 Likes

I am whooped. My big toe callous’ are so sore. Gotta toughen them back up :laughing: My body is mad and confused but it was totally worth it. Honestly a great weekend to wisp away my financial woes. I have developed a serious tension headache in the past hour, which makes sense after this weekend, but luckily I’ve got the chiropractor tomorrow to straighten me out. Getting to bed bc I need it. Then I can start enjoying my weekend. Happy 24 :heart:

23 Likes

Feel better soon!

3 Likes

Checking in day 41. Heading home tomorrow. Wishing us all a sober healthy week.

21 Likes

My working week is about to start. I slept shortish, with many dreams which were wild but not scary. Kitten therapy with my sis did me good. Cooking good healthy meals for myself too. As was the long bike ride. The weekend was good. Just what I needed. On we go. Sober and clean. One day at a time.

Have as good a week as you can all. Clean and sober. Love.

34 Likes

Hi friend. It’s been a while but I am glad you have decided to check in for a week. I do hope it helps curb those lonely feelings. You’re loved and you have friends here. :heartpulse:

8 Likes

@Mno @acromouse @Tragicfarinelli @tifflynn07
@RosaCanDo

Thanks for the support and comfort, friends. It is so nice to have somewhere to share those not so positive feelings. :purple_heart:

9 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman You are really getting some bad luck, but are powering through like a champ! I hope you can enjoy baking! I tried a cake in our new oven, it burnt the top! But cut it off and the rest was good! :blush:

@Mira_D Sending hugs. Kids can be so trying! :muscle:

@Lile01 Keep going! Once you get through the withdrawals, that part is over. :purple_heart:

@Catmama23 Hugs back to you! Let’s keep each other company in this hard period. :muscle:

@Tomek Good to see you! I can understand some of your feelings of withdrawal. I hope you can feel some kind of connection here. :purple_heart:

@Jules000 Get back into recovery as soon as you can. You are worth a sober life.

10 Likes

Congratulations to me on passing nine months. I’m over the loneliness that early sobriety brings. I enjoy waking up energised and raring to go. So many tasks are completed in day by remaining disciplined and focused on the success that sobriety brings. Have a great week all :grinning:

36 Likes

Day 490

Come and gone. Alarm goes off in 5 hours. Sleep well friends :heart::people_hugging:

27 Likes

Congratulations on your nine months!

2 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman Enjoy your baking therapy :blush::cupcake:. Maybe share the results.
@Steve92 Good to hear the cat situation is turning out so well. Send the scary thoughts away. They can come back another time :wink:
@Mira_D Sending you strength and endless patience
@Lile01 Great job :clap:t2:. You made it one week. Congratulations :partying_face:. Hang on!
@Catmama23 I hope the dark clouds will lift soon. Sending hugs and some sunshine :sun_with_face::people_hugging:
@Tomek Nice to see you posting again. Please do share how checking in daily works for you. It might help you and/or someone else. And I hope your loneliness lifts just a bit.
@zzz You keep me always on the edge with your gifs. Like I’m watching the mini series of your mind. I’m mesmerised.

82 sugar
38 UPF
0 overeating/binge

I overate yesterday. I did it on purpose and I learned something interesting about myself. This really is a journey of discovery.

Yesterday my partner opened up about some emotionally difficult stuff. I’m glad he did. It was driving him sick. On the other hand I really could do without this added insanity. We’ll see how this will play out, but it is not going to be without a significant amount of emotional pain. That’s what happens if you don’t deal with your emotions in a healthy way. Sooner or later the stuff will come back biting you where it hurts. One day at a time.

There is some minor stuff to be done today, but mostly I need to take care of my emotional needs, find my grounding and let go.

I wish you wonderful people around here a day of kindness, peace, light and freedom :people_hugging::peace_symbol::candle::dove:

22 Likes

Happy for you! :confetti_ball: Congratulations with the 9 months :facepunch:

3 Likes

Hope the contact here helps you to feel connected again so less lonely :people_hugging:
Seems like you protect yourself from being hurt by people and so not letting them near you?

4 Likes

Hi all, checking in on Day 6. Terrible sleep but busy day at work and was dreaming about it all. Cravings were strong last night but glad I didn’t give in. That moment of perfection when you turn the light out and snuggle in for bed, knowing you have done another day sober is so wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Have a good week everyone. Mine is super busy but will prioritise checking in.

22 Likes

*Day 1972 :walking_woman:
Had a nice calm weekend, nothing special.
It was good as it was.
Doing some tasks, chill time and went to the zoo with my aunt, hubby and our youngest son.
Me aunt is lovely but not easy to deal with. She talks loads, but can’t listen :smiling_face: So it’s a one way conversation.
So we often plan an activaty to make it a bit easier to be around her.
Tried to tell her stuff about my own life but after trying multiple times I gave up, listened to her and watched the monkees :face_with_peeking_eye:
But I felt irritated and not seen.
It isn’t worth telling her the truth in my opinion. She’s old and it would hurt her a lot if I would open up about my side of the story. I know she would become angry and shut me out of her life. She did such a thing with more people around her. Such as my mom when she was still around. She is my moms youngest sister and all I have left from my mother and her family. So I cope with her behaviour to keep her part of my life :hugs:

Today? Walk, work.
Looking forward to recieve 2 books about personal growth I’m interested in reading.
Have a good day everybody :pray:

30 Likes