Checking in daily to maintain focus #63

@Scorpn Oh No, that sounds like a really difficult situation. I can understand why your feelings are all over the place! Just a thought: as her father, wouldn’t he be required (by law) to support her financially no matter what? I really hope you find a solution so your bonus daughter is safe and taken care of.

@Jules000 I’m so sorry to hear you’re struggling with these feelings, that must be so scary and exhausting. It would be nice if we could just turn off our emotions sometimes, right? At least that’s what I wish for in many situations. I wish you lots of strengths, and I hope this storm will pass soon. :heart:

@zzz I hope you’re doing well today. :blush:

@Butterflymoonwoman Oh wow, I just got up and now I’m hungry. :joy: I LOVE cream cheese frosting!

@Catmama23 Hope you feel better soon! I’ve never taken any medicine with alcohol in it, but if I’d think one by of those would help me a lot, I would probably just take it. It’s probably just a tiny amount.

@CATMANCAM Great job for not buying those foods!

@Mira_D I don’t know what exactly happened, but I can hear like you’re going through some really though times. Wishing you lots, of strength! Was involved in a battle with courts and authorities regarding custody and child protection (my partner’s children) that took years, and that alone drained every last bit of energy.

@JazzyS Lots of love back! :heart::heart::heart:

@Mno Oh, interesting picture! Looks like a storm is coming in from the right. Tbh I’m just jealous of everyone that gets to see the sun. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’m checking in still sober, two months soon. First session of couple’s therapy yesterday. Not great to be honest, but it might be the wrong therapist. She didn’t seem to understand that lots of things work really well in our relationship, and we mainly want help with our communication. But there were a few interesting bits of information, and my partner and I had a good talk about those later.

23 Likes

Day 14 - AF
(TW eating habbits and body image)

I still feel hard hangovers in the morning…
Or am I just getting old?
Will prepare some green tea drink for today.

I feel I overate yesterday night, but maybe I just underate during the day…and needed energy. This topic is still over me, like a grey cloud.
All my life, I feel too this and that. I know I am not alone with bad body image. Just want to be free. Or freer. Working on it. But the path of bad thoughts is like a highway and the new one just some trampled grass. :green_heart: Just needed to get this off my chest

27 Likes

73 days in the bank

Good day.
Dropped the kids off at school then went with my partner and had a go at swimming laps for some exercise. She’s quite good and I’m pretty average, but I really enjoyed it.
After that we went out for lunch and ran some errands before we picked the kids up.
Dinner. Played some uno, now the kids are off to bed.
Good day.

27 Likes

Day 234. Back to work today. Weekend wedding went well. My nephew and his wife paid for the whole thing. I took my parents too and from the event etc. Really good to see them all together, except my kids weren’t invited or there, mainly I think as they make no effort to keep in contact… So I’ve created an overarching WhatsApp chat… Which can be fun. I’ve also gone to my kids and said how good the wedding was and if they wanted to they can join the chat. They won’t tho I guess. Which is really saddening. However everyone else has joined the chat which is great

25 Likes

Made it to day 8.

Managed to see urgent care and get some medication for my withdrawals. It’s helped quite a lot, but I’ve been told that I should have been detoxed for at least 3 days, so no wonder I feel so awful!

I was given enough medication for last night and this morning, so now I have to beg my GP to a) give me an appointment; and b) give me more medication.
They’ve been really unhelpful in the past and have refused to detox me, but, as urgent care has advised this, I’m hoping they’ll see sense - I’m not giving up!

Today is the 3 year anniversary of mum’s death. I lost her when I was 18 and essentially became an orphan overnight. She herself was an alcoholic, so that’s always a sad memory, but I do miss her dearly. I think the best gift I could give her is to look after myself and stay sober.

Have a lovely day all! :blush:

27 Likes

Nothing wrong with how you deal it by the way. You come a long way. From being in balance you can make new steps. Being here is also a step :heavy_heart_exclamation:

8 Likes

Checking in on Day 7. Reading here there are so many people going through so much, sending strength to all. I have been struggling with different life things but it is all things that will pass so being here is really putting things into perspective.

I had my usual grumpy cravings last night, where I turn into a sulky child because I can’t have what I want. But then they passed and I was able to enjoy my last hour of the evening and wake up this morning without the guilt. Does anyone else feel like they just have a childlike impulse system at times? I want therefore I should have :roll_eyes:

I hope everyone has a good day

27 Likes

Good morning everyone. Checking in on day 74.
:v:t3: and :purple_heart:

20 Likes

Looking for today to be a new day.

Have to find some tools to deal with son at bedtime; and ways to work through grief. Going to download some books on my phone, and set to it. These are difficult times but i feel like if i feed the white wolf instead of the Black dog, the white wolf will get stronger over time. Xo.

18 Likes

Day 39 AF, and chugging along.

A shot of the backyard this morning. Calm before the next snow storm! :snowman: this afternoon.

32 Likes

That is amazing, especially that view! Have a great day!:star2::star2::star2::star2:

3 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1339. I hope everybody has a good one!

23 Likes

Congrats! 1339 days! Wow! I can’t wait to get there, adaat. :star2::star2::star2::star2:

6 Likes

Thank you Doreen! Wishing you an amazing day as well. :heart:

4 Likes

Day 4 - I am having thoughts of temptation and use this morning just afyer waking up. I need to get ready for work but it is hard to push myself out of bed. Feeling tired because I stayed up way too late last night with a friend so that is a double edged sword but it was a good time together. Going to try to kill it at work today, that would be a great gift for myself.

24 Likes

Thank you! You will be there soon enough! Like you said just take one day at a time and stay focused! :muscle:

3 Likes

Day 36 AF
Day 154 drug free

Today I choose to be present and grateful for this gift of life. It only gets better being sober and clean. Hope everyone has a amazing 24. Love and light :pray:t5::purple_heart:

23 Likes

Day 48 at the end of today.

Any temptation to use seems to have died down lately which is nicer for me.

I’m having a hard time lately dissociating from things going on in the world. It’s actually causing me a tonne of anxiety. And this is where I have to cease -f- my words.

Peace :dove:

25 Likes

Big congrats to you! I’m grateful to have seen your progress and hopefully been part of your journey. What a wonderful thing.

5 Likes

Hope you’re hanging in there through this dreary time of year. I think about you when I see you post and know you can relate to this place we live, though you’re probably dealing with worse. You’re doing great!

5 Likes