Checking in daily to maintain focus #63

Wow thats soo cool!

3 Likes

Thinking of u and ur family as ur dad goes thru this. U sound like ur a huge support for him and im sure hes very thankful. Another gift of recovery is now being able to be present for our loved ones. Especially during tough times :people_hugging:

7 Likes

IMG_7424
Thanks, friend šŸ©µ

4 Likes

Day 2

Back on track and determined.

Also worth mentioning Iā€™ve noticed more lately that the day after i drink, i get heart palpitations.
This most recent time i messed up, the heart palpitations were worse than theyve ever been. It was scary (not to the point of needing immediate medical attention though, im ok, but its still obviously concerning). It was to the point that i googled if i should go to the ER or not and other signs to look out for.
Yet another significant reason to call it quits. The fear of something happening isnt worth it. It literally just adds on more stress.

21 Likes

Another day won :trophy:

18 Likes

@wahtisnormal Isnā€™t it crazy how we try to relive the stress with our DOC but end up just piling it up?
@JazzyS That walk sounds nice :blush:
@Button83 Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!
@Butterflymoonwoman I hope you get that break soon. Sounds like you really need it :people_hugging:
@Hesmyportion Yeah, that addiction voice whispering lies all the time is annoying as hell and a sneaky shit. Catching it is sometimes really difficult. Congrats on recognising it for what it is.
@Tomek Congrats on 1200 days. What a number! What did you bake?
@TrustyBird Life is full of difficult choices. Iā€™d have a hard time with this one too :thinking::smiling_face:

90 sugar
46 UPF
8 overeating/binge

90 days surely feels like an eternity. On the other hand I still would not trust myself around sugar. Thatā€™s a clear sign that stuff was not made for me.

Still finishing up my big project today. A class at school, groceries, a bike ride, yoga. Tomorrow Iā€™m planning to treat myself with a trip to the sauna. Whatever the day may bring - boredom or overexcitement - one precious day at a time.

A day of peace, kindness and freedom to you friends :peace_symbol::people_hugging::dove:

20 Likes

Day 241. Working 8_5 again. Busy week. Next week is mainly writing this week up

Tinitus is bad but Iā€™m ok. Will quietly get through the dayā€¦ I had to cancel some leave for work but thatā€™s OK

14 Likes

Day 498

Still upset from my dream last night. It was so real! It was some kind of flashback but twisted and I was both myself and my fatherā€¦
Iā€™ve had a bad feeling all dayā€¦
Itā€™s pretty much over now though. Once I get my little one off to sleep Iā€™ll be going to bed
Love yā€™all
:people_hugging::heart:

15 Likes

One day off. Having some guys coming by to check on my kitchen, Iā€™m going to change to induction cooking and I need heavier wiring for that. Also my counter and cabinets are written off and need replacement. It would be nice if that all can happen in one sweep. Except for a new stove it well be paid for by the corporation I rent from so thatā€™s good. I have some money in savings too these days, which is special after 40 years of scraping and scrooging because I spent all my money on boozing and smoking. Never again. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love from Amsterdam.

23 Likes

Checking in day 50 AF :blush:
I am so proud of myself never did i think Iā€™d be saying that i havenā€™t had a single drink for 50 days.
Happy sober Tuesday.

21 Likes

43 AF
160 doc

Itā€™s 3:40 am here. I am up, with the intention of getting a few more hours.of sleep before I get up again and see the children off on this Tuesday morning.

Grateful that my anxieties about the future are lessening and Iā€™m learning to use prayer and positive affirmations to dispel those.moments when I feel dread. Is.it as simple as ā€œkeeping it simpleā€, not using no.matter what and turning it.over to the care of my higher power whom I choose to call God. I feel strengthened and free and knowing that I am being carried and guided by a loving, caring presence who only wants the best for me and my family. .with this I also.acknowledge that faith without works doesnā€™t exist I just continue to do the doā€™s, get better at getting better ODAAT!

Just for today I can. I will! Busy week, continuing too get my youngest on a solid structured routine with his after-school activities. Continue to look for work as I sort out the status with my job with the sb. Might have to.contact an employment lawyer for some guidance on next steps. Looking to restart my exercise regimen. My body desperately needs to release pint up.energy as well as exercise has been one.of.my greatest tools of strength and wellness on my recovery journey.

Have a great 24 all. So grateful to be apart of this supportive, recovery community. :pray:t5::purple_heart:

15 Likes

Way to go Hannah! I am proud of you too! Keep at it! Together we can remain sober and live the life we are meant to live!

8 Likes

Hi Mno,

Good.luck with your new kitchen set up! Definitely something to look forward too. Also the reminder of the financial benefits we gain in recovery is priceless! Have a wonderful day!

6 Likes

Thank you so much :heartbeat:

5 Likes

. 6

20240213_17115220240217_23031720240213_171152

12 Likes

Day 21

3 weeks yeahā€¦
Some cravings were rolling over me last evening. Will joyn another RR meeting this week.

19 Likes

When I was going to meetings I was told very wise words. One member said this:

ā€˜ā€™ I am going to meeting and doing my work when I have no cravings. When I have a cravings it is about to late. ā€˜ā€™

I mean it is not too late, but he gives very good idea on looking few steps forward.

10 Likes

Iā€™m 4 days and feeling grateful for it. I am less anxious, getting more sleep and doing better with my family and work life already.

14 Likes

Closing in on 60 days af! I know itā€™s going to fall good for about 5 minutes when i get there (in 2 days), but then itā€™ll be a focus on the next goal. Anyway.

I just had a yoga session and i loved it! Meditation included. Pretty sure i drifted off during the meditation but thatā€™s ok. I feel so calm after these sessions. This will be a great tool for me to hold onto to.

13 Likes

I understand what that says.
I am joyning at least one meeting a week,
regulary on Mondays, but wasnā€™t able to yesterday. Meetings, already as prophylaxis. :+1:t2:

4 Likes