Checking in daily to maintain focus #63

Day 826

I’m here, for now, not that it matters. I’m thinking of leaving the community, maybe temporarily, maybe permanently who knows.

The lack of response to communication to friends I have made through here speaks more than any words ever could. They obviously have things going on that make me an unnecessary distraction they don’t need or a person they no longer want in their journey and I don’t intend for my feelings to turn toxic.

Thank you everyone I have met who has helped me along the way to where I am today. For now I will wish you all a happy, healthy and strong future.

16 Likes

Checking in on day 65 with insomnia. Lucky it’s Friday night (Saturday morning) and I can read a little and write a little, then sleep in when I get back to sleep. It’s almost 3 am here and the wind is howling ferociously. Tomorrow there will be a lot of downed trees and fences in the area. Nice to not feel too lonely because of ÿou all. Have a great day all!! ODAAT :purple_heart:

11 Likes

Of course it matters, i hope you stay.

4 Likes

39 days weed free 2033 days alcohol free.

13 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: 90 days is amazing!!

4 Likes

Hi Richard,
Huge congratulations on your 826 days! This is such a huge inspiration to all, especially those who are in the early stages of their recovery. You matter and are important to this community! If the community has been a positive tool in helping you reach the level you are at now use that as a reminder. I can’t speak to your feelings directly with the lack of communication you feel from those you have tried to connect with, but remember all feelings pass. Do what’s best for you and your recovery. I do hope to see you around soon. You are an inspiration. Blessings to you my friend.:yellow_heart:

7 Likes

Day 54AF
Day 172 Drug free
Day 1 ciggarettes

Happy Saturday all! Hope everyone has a wonderful addiction free day! I have plans of taking the kids out for lunch a a bit of shopping at the mall.

Six months until I am legally able to drive again. Thankful to be halfway there. Will start looking for a used car in July. Never again.will I go back to the drugs and drinking, by the grace of God ODAAT.

Strong and Serene 24 all :purple_heart::pray:t5:

15 Likes

Congratulations on 90 days! Amazing. Keep at it! Proud of you and your determination!:pray:t5:

4 Likes

It does matter. Please stay here and stay connected. :orange_heart:
Sending love and a hug to you, you matter.

3 Likes

today while my friends are out drinking and doing drugs, I will be getting tooth gems put on and have a nice take awake for tea.

Feeling super positive at the moment. been offered some long term work so the consistency will be so nice!

Life feels good finally

13 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1357. I hope everybody has a good one!

15 Likes

Good morning everyone! Checking in on day 92. Didn’t get a chance to do a good read around this morning, hopefully I can catch up tonight, time flies when you’re having fun :grin: but I wanted to at least check in.
I hope everyone has an amazing day!
:v:t3: and :purple_heart:

13 Likes

Day 65.

Got up super early and we went for a walk in the deluge of rain. Always enjoyable :rofl:

Made fajitas for lunch and will watch some football and a movie maybe. Getting a long walk in early was brilliant as exercise all done by ten am…

Feeling pretty good :blush:

Happy sober 24 all.

18 Likes

Check in 171 SAF , and 157 no smokes.
It is very rainy here but temperature wise it’s not to cold, so I’ll take it. Should be an easy -ish day in work.
@Chosen2001 Chris congrats on 9 months, great job.
@MrFantastik congrats on 90 days and @maxwell on 60 days. :love_you_gesture:
@Happy_Trails 60 days sober is great. :v:

@Zse I told you, but I’ll tell you again, I’m very proud of you, priyatel.
I also may need to borrow the tank later, I have a boss who needs dealing with. :rofl::rofl:
Love you guys :v::green_heart:

17 Likes

Are we talking about soccer again? Or is this actual football? I m just curious :thinking:. :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Soccer….:face_with_peeking_eye::confounded::confounded::confounded:

6 Likes

Jesus fucking christ how my kids are annoying today! Little liars with big fucking mouths! They are so small, what kind of satans level hundred they gonna be as teenagers?! That’s why very young humans look so cute, otherwise parents would fucking kill them probably! AaaaaAAAAaaaa!!!

Ok, thanks, I’m better now :slight_smile:
:green_heart:

20 Likes

Day 57 AF and another Friday in the bank.

Sons team won their first round of playoffs last night with an aggregate score of 24-3 in the best of 5 series in 3 straight… it wasn’t much of a competition for this first round.
I apologize for speaking so often of his hockey. It’s going to be hard as this is his last season playing competitive sports.
We’ve been together heading to a rink from 5-20 years of age. His season typically starts late Aug through April with camps , and tryouts, playoffs etc so to say this was a massive part of his and my life is an understatement.
It’s a closing chapter that I am glad to be sober to take in every second, mind you I never let alcohol get in the way of him and I headed to the ice rink. My drinking was planned around ensuring I was there every step of the way for those 15 years… I certainly am going to miss it.
My wife leaves tomorrow as well for 3 weeks so just lots happening and all of it means a lot of alone time through the next while.

That all said, and while I am having a lot of reminiscing around his hockey, it is a beautiful day out, I’m gonna take the boys (dogs, Bauer and Cooper, see what I did with them?? lol) for a walk and hit the gym for a couple hours.

If any of you have kids in sports, especially ones that you both put a lot of time into or not, enjoy every second… I was just tying his skates up, watching him stumble all over the ice the other day when he was just 5, now he’s a 20 year old young man, on the leadership group of a very talented team that we have big hopes for this year… it slips by sooo fast. :heart: :ice_hockey::goal_net:
:heart:

19 Likes

Checking in on day
297 no alcohol
128 no vapes or ciggs
99 no thc

Have a good day

18 Likes

Thanks Jim.

I’m glad it doesn’t bore everyone, lol. I definitely hope he reminisces fondly of these days down the road, perhaps after I’m long gone.

6 Likes