Checking in daily to maintain focus #64

Aw, you’re sweet. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m glad I was able to help!

6 Likes

2y1m20d
Im really having a very rough day physically. I am just SOOO tired. I dont understand. I slept well last night but have been super lazy for most of the day. Just really quite tired. Just doing some dishes now and trying to tidy up a bit before hubby gets home from work. Not much else going on cuz i didnt do much today lol Hope everyone is doing well!

23 Likes

Wow!! That is lots of snow.

4 Likes

Checking in 37 days

Feeling good. As I have been talking about how this week is a big week for me so far things are going well. I got to just keep with it. Hopefully everything gets done without andmy huge issues. I feel like after this week I will be able to breath!

14 Likes

I must clean my room, for the garbage is making a little mountain in my room right now. Then I must workout, join meetings, and then see my sponsor but manz is feeling pretty tired after work D:

But I must do these things or else manz will fall off the train! :scream_cat:

I had some cravings telling me “BUY THE COCAINE, BUY THE COCAINE, BUY THE COCAINE!!!” As soon as my dad left to go to his karate class, but I resisted :smiley: The temptation is still a bit there, but I know that the blowcaine will just wreck manz once again if I do it.

Can’t snort The Great Wall of China today!!! Must stay sober :slight_smile:

16 Likes

@Seizetheday congrats on 92 days AF! :fist_right::fist_left:
@james83 congrats on day 19! #ODAAT
@Mno 1760 days is inspirational!
@JennyH day 9! Good job, Jenny! :metal:t4::fist_right::fist_left:
@Mischa84 way to go on 277 days. Whew!! That a lot going on. Keep rocking it! :fist_right::fist_left::muscle:t4:
@BJonns glad you’re here checking in on Day 5. I have a big problem with sweets. For the time being I just look at in a positive light, when I was drinking I didn’t eat, maybe 1 meal if it’s really even considered a meal. I normally weigh around 215, when it got really bad, I was down to 130#.
Feel like I’m just making up for all the shit I put my body through.
@Jimz congrats on 93 days, James! :metal:t4::muscle:t4:
@Steve14 sorry for your lose, man. Better day ahead :muscle:t4:
@Chosen2001 congrats on 10 months! :muscle:t4:
@MrsOdh congrats on 35 days! :fist_right::fist_left::clap:t4:

17 Likes

@Twizzlers way to go on 2 weeks, another week down! Keep rocking it! :fist_right::fist_left::muscle:t4:
@Steve92 you’re rocking it! #ODAAT :fist_right::fist_left::muscle:t4:
@Lighter 32 days for Marie, I understand your statement about being normal. I think you can do better than normal, you’re on 32 days and I’m proud of you! :fist_right::fist_left::people_hugging::muscle:t4:
@Doreen1 congrats on 190 days! Hope your day was nice! :metal:t4::fist_right::fist_left:
@NewBeginning1 congrats on day 12, Matt! Don’t fall for the trap, I know you’re strong and you got this! :people_hugging::muscle:t4:
@Chevy55 88 days, my guy! Keep on rocking it :muscle:t4:
@john_connor1337 glad you’re doing good. Congrats on day 8, Eric. :metal:t4:
@Rookie Day 50, way to go, Kristen! :fist_right::fist_left::muscle:t4: I’m sure your son is excited to spend some time with you as well. :metal:t4:
@Pattycake Way to go on 265 days, Patricia. Sending love and strength right back at ya! :people_hugging::heart:
@tifflynn07 93 days! You’re rocking it, Tiffany. :muscle:t4::fist_right::fist_left:

13 Likes

@Charlie_C hey, Charlie! Way to go on 23 days! No matter what happened today good or bad you will not pick up and drink. Wishing peace and favor on you. :metal:t4::muscle:t4:
@Rob11 1200 days is a big deal! :fist_right::fist_left::muscle:t4::metal:t4:
@Juli1 congrats on 63 days, Julia. Keep on keeping on :muscle:t4::fist_right::fist_left::people_hugging:
@Lile01 hey, Indi. I’m happy that you’re happy with the way things worked out and you learned a lesson from it :people_hugging: way to go with day 5. :metal:t4:
@Timetochange 283 days! Keep on keeping on. :fist_right::fist_left:
@Merryshoes congrats on 600 days. :muscle:t4::fist_right::fist_left:
@Maestro keep on keepin on, Marty! Congrats on 250 days!
@Butterflymoonwoman sorry to hear you’re having a rough day. I woke up saying, “I don’t feel like doing shit today”. It’s been one of those days for me, too.
@CleanHeart congrats on 37 days, hope the week passes without any issues for you. :metal:t4::muscle:t4:

Checking in on day 104! Woke up tired, I was up with our 4 y/o for quite a bit last night. He was coughing all night. Listened to Bob D, surrender, today on you tube, took baby boy to the Dr for the cough and his eczema, had some folks come by the house this evening to look at one of the pups they were interested in, my mother in law is blowing up my phone and my wife about how much we have to do this weekend getting her moved into her new apt—it’s mentally draining me, I’ve been trying to get mentally prepared for this about two weeks now. getting things situated with the boys before I leave to go to a meeting. Hope everyone had a good day today! :smile:

23 Likes

Day 138. Havent checked in last couple days. Doing good just busy with work and working on my bike. I have hydraulic brakes and they were sticking and so i ordered new calipers which turned out to be hydraulic brakes for mechanical brakes so they dont work on my bike and i cant for the life of me find the right calipers. Work is good, little bit of drama, but just ignoring it. Much love

20 Likes

Congrats @Merryshoes on your 600 days sober! Feels good doesn’t it??
I am also celebrating 600 days alcohol free!
I look forward to a dual celebration once we both hit 2 years!! We’ll have to think of a cool treat! Keep up the hard work, ODAAT!

12 Likes

I’m so sorry about your nephew. We know all too well that no one can make you stop but yourself. Big virtual hugs to you :purple_heart: I send healing love your way

7 Likes

So sorry to read this Steve. My heart goes out to your sister and you and all your family. So tragic. It’s so hard, I cannot imagine a mom’s pain in this. I hope she can find support somewhere to help her through this. There is absolutely nothing she could have done. That doesn’t help now that it’s so raw. Maybe she can find an Al-Anon group somewhere and just sit and listen. Or cry. I don’t know. It’s just so awful. And so far this year there have been 3 different people at my meetings sharing about deaths of their loved ones. Young loved ones, because of this disease. Al-Anon can be a great support. Maybe down the road sometime. Now may not be the best time to throw that out there.
I’m so sorry.
:pray::heart:

9 Likes

Doing good bro nice to see you here so often :muscle: I got rid of Facebook so on here all the time lol.

Day 16 today! 4 days to 20. New sleep tablets are giving me a very nice deep sleep without the hangover feeling. Definitely what I’ve needed!

Have a great day everyone

12 Likes

@lile01 Oh the pains are no fun – sending you comforting energy. Hope it passes soon for you. :pray: :heart:
@merryshoes 600 days! Whoohoo! Great work friend.
@maestro think I missed your 17 months of sobriety celebration – keep them days stacking up Marty! :muscle: very inspirational.
@butterflymoonwoman I get those days of extreme tiredness and really can’t explain where it comes from. Sometimes it could just be everything else just catching up to you and finally having a moment to breathe. I hope you do continue to take it easy and rest up. Hope you have some energy for self care and then more rest :wink:

7 Likes

2y1m20d
Just doing a quick check in for tonight. I was able to speak to my friend who i havent spoken to in a couple days. Shes doing okay thankfully and at a shelter for tonight. Shes hitch hiking back home so that she can get the proper supports and help she needs to live a happy, sober life. Im grateful shes alive. I was soo worried. I had a good chat with her and thru everything shes been thru, shes quite positive!
My evening has been better. I am just about to put my son to bed and then will relax with hubby after having a nice shower. Hoping tmrw is better energy-wise. Have a great night everyone!

21 Likes

Day 899 AF
Day 21 caffeine free

How’s it going, gang?

Did laundry this morning and then went for a walk. Took the fam to watch the Godzilla x Kong movie in the afternoon. I’m about to go on a skateboard cruise in a bit.

Nothing else is new. Living the sober life.

Hope y’all have a great day! Take care. ODAAT

21 Likes

@Mischa84 Yes, my paternal grandmother was born in Poland. They came to Buffalo when she was a baby, but she definitely still spoke the language, and cooked the food :yum:

Since there’s so many members who share my heritage, and another reason I love this place so much, here’s a little more of my family history :smiley: (if anyone cares) My paternal grandfather was born and raised in Sweden. He came to Buffalo when he was 18, but he died before I was born. My mother’s side has been in America for a few generations, but originally her father was Irish and Swedish, and her mother was Dutch and English. I love being able to hear about those places here. Hoping I can travel over there one day :pray:

@acromouse The American Dyngus Day honestly revolves around food and drinking. Pierogies, sausage, golumpkis, and kapusta. We always used to drink krupnik, but we’re all sober now, so not anymore. There’s alway polka music playing, and we have the water tradition too. Girls wack boys with pussy willows, and they get us back with squirt guns. In the bars, once the night gets crazy, the floors are like ponds :rofl: I never really stayed out for that.

11 Likes

@Davina_Davis @Dazercat Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated.

4 Likes

Much more energy today :pray: I had a nice afternoon with my daughter. Then her dad came for her. We decided to share her during her school break. I have to work the next 2 mornings when she’d normally be in school, so I’m picking her up after work Thursday so she can wake up here on her birthday Friday. Then he’ll get her again for their normal weekend, and then they’ll both come back Sunday night til Monday. For the eclipse, and her birthday party. A lot of back and forth, but it makes sense. I need this extra time to finish preparing for it all. Excited, but still can’t wait til it’s over :sweat_smile:

I was able to make it to the laundromat in time. As soon as I finished loading my machines, 2 girls came in with probably 10 loads of laundry. I got the last of the multiple load washers, leaving only single loaders. They began loudly making a scene that there weren’t any good machines left, glaring at everyone else. While my laundry washed, I left for a few groceries. On my way out I heard one say “she probably won’t even make it back in time :triumph:” (to free up the washers) I did, with 10 minutes to spare, and they were sitting in their car. Must’ve been in a hurry to do so bc they didn’t close the door on one washer properly so it wasn’t running. The rest of their washers stopped and they didn’t come back in for 15 more minutes :roll_eyes: Was it wrong of me to find joy in their faces when they realized they had to wait even longer?! Idk :woman_shrugging: Just proof to me that being negative leads to more negativity. Stay positive ya’ll :sparkles:

19 Likes

I’m here, I’m alive, I’m sober and I’m happy.
Day 36

It have stopped snowing for now. Weather forecast says there’s more to come tonight and all day tomorrow.

My husband is going to the hospital tomorrow afternoon for a new x-ray. I hope the weather is nice to him during that time. We had multiple reports on traffic chaos almost everywhere.
Non of us are worried thought so I’m sure it goes smooth.

Need to shovel a bit more snow today so we can be able to get out with the car. It’s supposed to be sunny and clear today, so it’s great exercise and hopefully a good time out in the sun doing that.

Boys have school health week, which means they’ve got an everyday homework of moving/exercising for at least 15 mins/day.

Yesterday the 12 y/o helped me shovel snow, when he didn’t have more energy to do it I told him he could go back inside. When I came back inside after I was done he had made me some dairy free hot chocolate.
It was so thoughtful and cute.

Wishing you all a nice Wednesday.

18 Likes