Checking in daily to maintain focus #64

Made it bed sober so Day3 :white_check_mark: it’s midnight here.

I fell asleep in the middle of a movie and my dream was me in the movie running and protecting and hiding a child from baddies.
Weird but makes some sense :sweat_smile:
Just weird altogether, going to finish watching the film and fall back asleep.

Thinking of you all
:sunflower:

17 Likes

@Lisa07 @Doreen1 @Lighter @tailee17 @happyfeet
Thank you all so much for ur thoughts and prayers and wishes.

8 Likes

OMG – much love to you and your family - big hugs to your baby boy! I do hope all goes well this weekend and your son heals quickly. More importantly that you can get answers.

Here for you Dana. :people_hugging: :heart:
R

6 Likes

@tailee17 thank you dear Lam. :pray: :heart:
@catmancam thanks Cam :pray: – I am being persistent with my surgeon. Got a message that she wants to wait to get the CT scans before discussing further. Big hugs my friend. I hope you have a wonderful time with family today. 300 days vape free—you are kicking ass with all of it!
@sadmemequeen So lovely to see you checking in Megan. I am so sorry that you are going through the emotional state right now. I know for me my hormones cause a lot of emotional roller coaster moments and sometimes they last for months at a time. Stay connected and be gentle with yourself. You may be trying to process something from the past (it doesn’t necessarily have to be a present situation). Sending you love and hugs :hugs: :heart:
@just_laura Way to go 400 days is amazing work Laura! Girl that is a lot of nutso type stuff to deal with – grateful you are sober and able to deal with it all with ease. In my drinking days only one of these would have been enough to hit the bottle. No more – we are stronger and happier now.
@mrfantastik loving all the 1’s Marty! You keep it going with your fantastic self! :muscle:
@iamthechange Thank you so much Ami – a lovely day at the beach with family sounds amazing – glad you were able to enjoy.
@frank68 LOL – loved it TGIF! Glad to see you and your humor checking in. Congrats on your 5+ months :tada:
@juli1 Amazing realizations Jules and YES YOU ARE STRON! :muscle:
@nordique just realized we missed your 45 month milestone – way to go friend – keep up the amazing work.
@mindofsobermike Glad you are keeping your cool and not letting this get to you. I do hope that this gets sorted out soon. :pray:

9 Likes

@timetochange nicely done friend 9 months and going strong :muscle:
@thumper1213 150 days! YES! Couple days we will be celebrating 5 months with you :hugs:
@will3 1400 days WOOT WOOT! Great to see you checking in and sharing your amazing milestone with us :hugs: :heart:
@lainenicole96 Its hard to say what quantity may or may not cause our bodies distress. If you are at all worried about it being dangerous (which is a real concern) please seek medical advice and help. Here with you on your journey so lean on us for whatever support you need :hugs:

Checking in on Friday night
457 days free of alcohol and weed
872 days free of cigarettes
Still in a lot of pain and doing my best to deal with it. Frustrated with many small issues building up and trying not to let them get to me. Tring to be grateful for what i do have and how far i have come.
Glad that my aunt was available today to drive me to my CT scan. SO grateful that the two hour prep of drinking the solution could be done in the waiting room so that my aunt and I could keep chatting. SO grateful for the lovely men that did my testing. So sweet and caring and really did what they could do to make sure i was not caused any additional pain or distress. Hoping to get the results and hopefully some answers soon.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

24 Likes

Awe thank u Jasmine! What a beautiful picture. Thank u for ur thoughts and prayers hugs

3 Likes

Its amazing to see ur gratitude list even tho ur going thru a hard time and are in a lot of pain. It takes a strong person to see the good in things when things are tough. Im proud of u for staying strong in ur recovery :heart:

4 Likes

Yes. I realized the cycle thing a while back. Those 3 days before my period were usually a shitshow. I needed everything in access. Like I couldn’t control it. A lot of bad blackouts. And it wasn’t only alcohol. Drugs, sex, and food. I also noticed it got even worse when I went on birth control, but I didn’t want another child so I just dealt with it. My cycles are sooo much easier now. Usually just a bit of fatigue and lower back pain. Some months I get super cravings or get irritable, but not always. I think the hormones play a role at first, but I feel it’s the alcohol that amps them up by creating imbalances. 100% better without it :+1:

7 Likes

Sorry to hear you have all this going on with your health :people_hugging:
Glad you had someone with you also.
I’m thinking of you and sending you lots of healing hugs :hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

I’m sorry to read that your son is in the hospital :people_hugging:
I have your family in my prayers :pray::people_hugging:
Sending you all healing energy :sparkles:and hugs :hugs:

3 Likes

Awe, girl :people_hugging: I can’t even imagine what it’s like going thru something like that. You’ve come so far and are so strong. Your boy is so lucky to have his sober mom right now. Praying that they figure this out and get him on the mend asap :pray: You’ll be in my thoughts :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you so much. Your words made me tear up. Appreciate you dear friend. I am doing my best to stay positive and see the gratitude in everything around me :people_hugging::heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much Twizzler … appreciate you and your sweet thoughts :people_hugging::heart:

2 Likes

Checking in day 192 SAF and 177 no smokes.
It’s midnight here in the Northeast part of the States, I gotta be up in 4 hours for work and it’s just one of them nights that sleep is just not happening. I think we found the house we we want to buy, and I’m going through the process of selling this one. But man moving, especially to another state is a nerve racking, anxiety experience all together. I haven’t done it in about 15 years so I forgot how stressful it all can be. Oh well it’ll all work out the way it’s supposed to.
Have a great day/night. Love ya guys :v::green_heart:

20 Likes

2054 days alcohol free. 60 days weed free.

16 Likes

@Twizzlers @Just_Laura
Thank you both for ur prayers and positive thoughts. I really appreciate it! And i too am really grateful to be a sober mom, to be able to be present for my son during a time like this

7 Likes

Today was pretty good, up until I got a headache a couple hours ago. Work was lame. A snowstorm started halfway through the day and my usual 10 minute drive to my parents, took 25 bc the roads were that bad. Where tf is spring?!

After my daughter left, I was so exhausted I closed my eyes and next thing I knew it was 7pm! Went over to a friends house for a couple hours. His wife offered me a beer and was like ‘Oh! Sorry, I forgot. Nevermind.’ Whenever this happens I always remind them there’s no need to apologize to me. I’m a guest at your house so you offer me a drink. Totally normal. I don’t expect people to change their habits around me. I’m the one that had to change my habits, and be prepared for anything.

Well, this screen is bothering my eyes, which bothers my head. I ought to get to bed. Goodnight :blue_heart::crescent_moon:

19 Likes

Thank you, my boys are big now. 12 and 14.
Both very much still believes in magic, I hope they never stop doing that. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

I’m here, I’m alive and I’m sober.
Day 24.

Yesterday when the boys came home from school our Easter Bunny helper Fennec The Fox had indeed been at Easter Island to get some goodies for them.

He and Easter Bunny are on good terms again, and soon he’ll have full access to Easter Island.
First he do need to fix some details with the chicken in charge.

So today he has left us a note on the front door saying that we’re going to Nordby, a huge shopping mall a few hours drive from us. Close to the Norwegian border.

Fennec overheard that one of the Easter Island Chickens are going to be at one of the giant candy stores in the mall today.
Which he needs to talk to so they can sort out the access details.

He’s currently waiting for the boys in the car. He has given them some candy for the ride, and a paycheck for “The lifeguards” to use in the arcade at the mall.

And just like with the Elf on the Shelf. I’m not sure who’s having the most fun. Me or the kids :blush:

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

18 Likes

Day 1190,

Just checking in, have a nice sober 24 hours.

:pray::heart::woman_in_lotus_position:

17 Likes