Checking in daily to maintain focus #64

Day 113
Picked up the kids from grandmas house after work, got home quick turn around before heading out to the gym for some training. After training the kids had swimming, love getting to watch them learn and improve at things.
Sushi lunch then back home to chill, spent the afternoon watching ufc so now im going to have a mad scramble to tidy the house before the wife is home from work :joy:

19 Likes

Thank u for your support!

Day 274. Up early listening to victorialand by the cocteau twins
Love this album so much

Todayā€¦ Putting in a couple of big plants outsideā€¦ Going on a dog walk and relaxing. I may try and watch dune and see if itā€™s any goodā€¦

I love spring. Great to see the plants getting ready to growā€¦

I think my addictive mind was f@@king with me yesterday. I think the gap in my life is my adult children arenā€™t arsed. Thatā€™s it really. They arenā€™t. I keep pretending it will improve but I donā€™t think it will. No Christmas cards, birthday cards, fathers day cards or wedding cards (sadly all this is related to my divorce rather than alcohol as I was nearly three years sober at the time)

I still have the occasional nightmare of my ex with the chap she had an affair with

Onwards and upwards I guess

18 Likes

Iā€™m here, Iā€™m alive and Iā€™m sober.
Day 25

Had a really fun day at Nordby yesterday, bought a lot of glutenfree groceries. And candies for Easter. Even fresh eggs was half price compared to anywhere else, even for us Swedes.

Unfortunately it was totally crowded so everything took twice as long. We didnā€™t count with the fact that the Norwegian kids also went on Easter/Spring Break this Friday. And ofc a lot of families like ours did their Easter Shopping/preparations to celebrate the Easter/spring break.

My 12 y/o got more fishing gear, and my 14 y/o bough a Kaptein Sabeltann toy sword. (Kaptein Sabeltann is a Norwegian Pirate kids show)

We also got to meet and great the Great Easter chicken from Easter Island, some free candy. And they both won a T-shirt at the gym supplies store. (We went in for protein powder, but after a taste try our 14 y/o decided that he absolutely wonā€™t like it so we didnā€™t bought any)

Kids where over the top happy.
Today we have 0 plans except chill,so some laundry, clean a bit. Thatā€™s all. A chill Sunday.

Wishing yā€™all the best.

18 Likes

Late night check in. It was a neverending dinner shift, but it started early so we still got out on time. I was feeling pretty beat, but our usual Sat spot was having a 2000s party for some reason. I couldnā€™t say no to that. That was my time. Put on one of my oldest outfits, probably from 2004, and had a blast. Great music, and actual dancing. That is not a thing in my town, which I never understood. Thereā€™s nowhere to go and dance, just places to go sit and drink. Lame. Thatā€™s why everybodyā€™s fat. Anyway. Had a great time sober with my crew, as usual. Now to wind down and go to sleep knowing an alarm wonā€™t wake me up :relieved: peace :peace_symbol:

20 Likes

Iā€™m sorry you have to go through this. It must be so suddenly for you all because you didnā€™t knew he was so sick. I think your grandpa has to be a strong person to decide this for himself, but it feels a bit sad too because he couldnā€™t talk to someone about his illness.
He has his peace now and I hope you will have many good memories of him to share with eachother to remember him with, take care :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

@sarath_unrelax Glad to hear you sleep is improving. Have fun shopping.
@MrsOdh Kaptein Sabeltann sounds rad :grin: Enjoy your chill day.
@MrFantastik You told me to put away the winter jacket. Now itā€™s snowing :joy:
@Butterflymoonwoman So happy to hear your son is doing better.
@Doreen1 Oh Doreen, this is a lot. Losing somebody close like that is such a shock. We are here if you need us :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:
@Just_Laura :dancer:t2::man_dancing:t2:
@JazzyS Should I decide to buy an air fryer Iā€™ll blame it all on you and the rest of TS :wink:
@tifflynn07 Hope your funk passes soon. At least youā€™re not freaking out about it.
@Tomek Good job on distracting yourself from your mood instead of reaching for a drug! I sometimes have a very hard time not succumbing to my moods :roll_eyes:
@Brian1965uk Did the burned granola at least smell good?

123 sugar
21 UPF
7 PF
7 overeating/binge

One week without overeating :blush: I know the real difficulties are just starting. I feel good in my body, but my mind is not healed yet. And the painful memories how bad Iā€™ll feel if I overeat are starting to fade. This is relapse danger zone. Iā€™m going to schedule my day today in a way that will promote relying on my recovery tools instead on old patterns.

Goals for today: setting up a good schedule for the day, setting a timer for HALT and prayer breaks, keeping food journal, mindful eating, taking breaks to check in with me, learning to be in my body, surrendering to the present moment.

The weather is abysmal today: hail, rain, storm, snow. No bike rides for me. Maybe a walk. Itā€™s time for my weekly review, house plants need watering, exercise in the afternoon, I still need to book the train tickets for our trip to Arnhem. And maybe check out some air fryers online :wink:

Whatever we do today, wherever our minds go today letā€™s keep the peace, look at life in kindness and stay in freedom :peace_symbol::people_hugging::dove:

21 Likes

The weather canā€™t decide whether itā€™s winter or spring here. Glad I got out and biked yesterday, only got hailed on close to the end of my ride, and got some great fresh produce on the way. Today is wetter and blustier so not planning on doing much. House chores, some writing and good food should do it. Have as good a Sunday as you all can friends. Clean and sober. Love.

@Tomek Congrats on your week smoke free friend. You mostly broke the physical addictionā€™s hold by now. Hang in there and keep going.
@Doreen1 Sorry for your loss Doreen. Nicotine is a monster. Wishing you and yours all strength.
@Lile01 Huge congrats on two sober weeks Indi! I feel youā€™re doing exactly whatā€™s needed: listening to your body and taking care of yourself. One day at a time.

21 Likes

Day 87.

Iā€™ve been pootling along here, still sober, just having some physical issues with my back pain and medication and then other problems. Nothing major, just a bit miserable. Iā€™m still reading everything, just not had the energy to sit and post as my most comfortable position these days is standing or blissfully sleep :sleeping:

love to you all.

24 Likes

I was thinking about you. Glad youā€™re here friend. Thanks for checking in. :people_hugging: :two_hearts: :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Day 10.

Alright! Back to double digits again. No cravings at all so far so my mind has done some healing from a year ago when I first tried to get sober and I could barely go a day without a craving. Iā€™m re-reading ā€œthis naked mindā€ too which is helpful in reframing alcohol.

Sunday here so no real plans. I have a massive ā€œto-doā€ list so might try and knock some of those tasks off, and we go on holiday tomorrow so some packing to prepare.

Wish you all a blessed Sunday

21 Likes

54 days AF

Just a short checkin.
Glad i blocked the person and throw him out of my life. He had enough chances.

clean-sobriety

21 Likes

Morning,
Iā€™ve not been on this thread much lately so itā€™s nice to catch up.
Great to see lots of progress and lots of early days adding up.
I hit my 2 years this week which was nice, I felt proud of myself.
In January I started the C25k with a friend, once I was nearing the end of it I started thinking about what I could do nextā€¦ So in a moment of complete madness I entered a Triathlon, itā€™s in 8 weeks time!
Iā€™m 53 with little running experience. What was I thinking?
Anyway, Iā€™ve been following a training schedule and feel like it will be possible to get round without giving up. Today is cycle day, yesterday was run day, tomorrow is swim day.
Imagine doing this hungover or probably still drunkā€¦ No thanks.
Iā€™ve lost a stone in weight and feel so much healthier and am getting fitter each day. The best bit is that my thighs have completely changed shape, they donā€™t look like mine.
Last weekend I did my first parkrun and was very happy not to embarrass myself.
And all this because 2 years ago I stopped drinking alcohol :sparkling_heart:

20 Likes

90 days!
Signed up to a gym last week that has classes, pool, sauna, and isnā€™t far from home. Thatā€™s helped my journey. As well as some yoga. I still lean into sweets more than what I should - but itā€™s better than the booze!!

20 Likes

Sure is!
Congrats on 90 days, a great milestone :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Good morning everyone! Checking in on day 114. My brother and his family left yesterday, so many great memories were made :heart: not sure what today will bring, but looking forward to it. I hope you all have the most amazing day!!
:v:t3: and :purple_heart:

13 Likes

Day 79 AF

A pretty big loss and wake up call last night of 5-0 at the good ol :ice_hockey::goal_net: game!
Son said boys in locker room last night were cocky going in which you hate to hear and coaches should have quashed. They f*cked around and found out.
This town takes hockey serious and building was a sell out. Most of them work on the lobster boats and know how to put in the work!!

But hey, I won the 50/50 draw of $457.50, so pays for fuel, cottage and meals, so something awesome!! :sunglasses:
Hopefully they can get their shit together for this afternoons game so we donā€™t have to head back home with our tails between our legs and face them for a deciding game 5, as momentum would be totally in their favour then.

Son believes some of them (many) were going to head out drinking last night even though they were asked by coaches not tooā€¦ Letā€™s hope not!!

Well, late night, bed at midnight and itā€™s after 7am, so I should get up and see whatā€™s about about around here for coffee.

Enjoy your Sunday sober fam :pray::heart::peace_symbol:

18 Likes

28 days. Still feeling sick. Just got to rest up. I have been trying to take it easy this weekend. I am looking forward to spring coming.

13 Likes

Up early this morning. It has been cold here the last several days. Would really love it to warm up!:blush: Not much planned for today. Church, groceries, laundry, and fixing supper. I think itā€™s a good day for grilled burgers, with noodle salad.
I will just hang out on here, reading. Hope you all have a good day!:star2::star2::star2::star2:

14 Likes

5 months today. Thank you guys for the support.TS is part of the journey.

18 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1379. I hope everybody has a good one!

15 Likes