Checking in daily to maintain focus #65

@tifflynn07 I’m glad you’re having a successful weekend. Accomplishing goals raises dopamine and helps with the symptoms of depression. I set small goals daily. Congrats on 98 days, Tiffany. Now back to finishing your list of things to do…:joy:. Have a great day, Tiffany. :muscle:t4::clap:t4::fist_right::fist_left:

@Seizetheday congratulations on 97 days AF, Hannah. :metal:t4::muscle:t4::clap:t4:

@PositiveThoughts hi. I’m glad you’re able to show gratitude in times that may not going as well as we’d like. It’s help. I pray peace of mind, and some good sleep upon you! Have a good day! :muscle:t4:

Checking in Sunday afternoon, Day 109.

Woke up feeling well rested this morning. Family and I went to the zoo Friday and the circus yesterday afternoon, everyone enjoyed it. but now it’s back to reality. So since we were busy this weekend we didn’t have enough time to get my mother in law stuff moved into her new apartment. She blew up our phones all weekend, while we were out enjoying time with our kids. It’s was very annoying. If the attention isn’t on her, the things she will do for attention is insane. We got up this morning and went picked up the U-Haul and before I even left the house this morning, I had a text at 6:00am saying “get up, the U-Haul will be ready at 8” :roll_eyes:
We have a lot going on constantly and I don’t mind helping, but what we’re not gonna do is stop our plans, and rush to your calling. She can’t help, because health isn’t the best, so all of the work is on us…and she doesn’t care about anyone but herself. I’m done rambling guys, my wife is waiting on me to load more shit on the damn U-Haul. Have a good day everyone. Check in later.
#ODAAT :heart:

18 Likes

Yeah, I feel that - It was pretty difficult for me to take inventory and go through step 4 as well. My sponsor had to pretty much hold my hand and drag me through it at times but it’s so worth it. It’s worth keeping in mind that the steps are there for YOU to do but it’s pretty much impossible to fully appreciate, understand or benefit from them without the help of another alcoholic whose been through them themselves.

I was once dead against AA when I joined the forum 6 odd years ago and it used to piss me off when people kept telling me to try a meeting or go to AA - I thought I knew best and I thought I was special. I’m really not.

6 Likes

Thank you! I like the swimming holiday idea too. I haven’t been abroad in so long, I want to do everything!

You sound like an amazing son in law. Hope you get some more family time and some peace soon.

2 Likes

IX

GIF_20240407_120456_430GIF_20240407_120456_430GIF_20240407_174636_517
GIF_20240407_174737_543GIF_20240407_120402_961GIF_20240407_174737_543
GIF_20240407_174636_517GIF_20240407_120456_430GIF_20240407_174737_543

11 Likes

@JennyH congrats on 2 weeks :tada:I’m glad you had a nice break :blush:
@danny81 keep fighting, I hope your wife will be supportive 🩵
@Ofmiceandroach congrats on 2 months :tada:
@Rob11 I’m glad the date went well and you pushed through your fears 🩵
@james83 I’m really enjoying the book, he explains stuff very well and it’s definitely relatable in an addiction sense too.
@Laner welcome :blush: congrats on day 4 :tada: well done for pushing through the anxiety :raised_hands:t2:
@JonasE welcome :blush: congrats on day 9 :tada: sending strength 🩵
@GazIrish welcome back :people_hugging: congrats on day 3 :tada:
@acromouse :people_hugging::mending_heart:
@Emerrick congrats on your week :tada:

1336 days no alcohol.
801 days no cocaine.
316 days no vape.
3 days no binge-eating.

Woke up early. Caught-up here. Read 4 chapters of Atomic Habits. Watched an episode of TV in the lounge. Tackled the carpet stains, I finally found something that works! Did a very short walk just to get outside, but didn’t change into my trainers so now I’ve hurt my leg, hoping it settles overnight because it’s quite painful, like a shin splint but further down than I usually get them and more to the side.

Therapy tomorrow, not looking forward to it, I have been finding her very invalidating. Maybe tomorrow will be different.

Then as soon as I get home from that, I have to drive to my hometown to see the doctor about the condition on my back. It’s a positive that I’m being seen, so a referral can be made, I’m just anxious that it’s on the same day and I’ll be stressing about being late.

Then when I get home from that appointment, I need to hoover, then I have my cessation nurse phonecall as well.

I hope you’ve all had wonderful sober weekends. :blush:

🩵

20 Likes

Day 21. On The road to a month!

Health check at the docs and ADHD check at the psych this week.

Quote for building our new house should come in which means we could be signing a contract by Friday.

Work has some busy days. We’re a family business that does termite management and today I’m assessing a client’s property for a potential install tomorrow! Usually we have a week or 2 to prepare but they move in Wednesday.

We also have two big beautiful trees getting removed from our property as they’re getting dangerous and will be in the way for new build. Devastating for us as we love them.

A few stresses this week for me to be mindful of. I won’t let them get to me. Fortunately I’m in a truck most of the day so I’ll be continuing to listen to This Naked Mind audio book which so far has been great.

Have a great day and week everyone!

13 Likes

Thanks Jazzy! It’s raining here today which is ok. April showers bring May flowers so they say. Enjoy the rest of your day.

6 Likes

Thanks @K_S and @Soberbilly for all the support and encouraging words. Kind of feel like my toolbox was TS yesterday :heart:… also had no idea setting goals and accomplishing them raised dopamine so I’ll add that to my toolbox too in the future bc it def worked this weekend for me :heart_hands:

8 Likes

End of day check in,

Somber I’m afraid. A good man that I went to high school with, a sergeant in the RCMP took his life today. He was good friends with one of my best friends, a RCAF pilot who also lost his son recently to suicide.
My best bud, had just begun his sobriety journey 6 days ago, but has slipped tonight as the two of them used to comfort and chat about there PTSD on many a night, so he’s tipping a couple in his honour.
He’s struggling but has his wife and daughter at home supporting him, and we are going to meet up early this week for lunch or dinner (his choosing), and chat.
My wife and I are doing a long distance camping trip with him and his wife to Toronto this summer to take in a concert so this gives us an additional reason to ensure a date so we can talk plans and perhaps make some commitments to bike together somewhat as he is a huge biking guy and I used to be and am trying to get back into it.

Always the shits when these things happen. You just never know what a person struggles with really and truly.

Here is a snap of the horizon as the sun sets on this somber day.

I need no condolences myself as I didn’t know him after high school really, but my close friend did. So if you could send thoughts to them that would be nice.

Take care and be well TS family.

30 Likes

Checking in on day 166!!

14 Likes

I feel terrible. Back to day two. Not long ago I was in the bathroom in the middle of the night when a mouse ran in :nauseated_face: and my dad caught it and the same god damn thing happened last night :expressionless: so I got up really early after barely sleeping to start cleaning I’m not a dirty person to start with I swear lol but I live in a tiny home out on country land and we realized they came from under my sink thank god for my dad doing all the things to fix it. I’m just disgusted. I was vaping because I was so stressed I usually hate nicotine and only started because girls in my esthetics class got me to start a little bit and it’s something to do now that I don’t smoke weed/not drinking now. I’m pretty sure it’s what brought on a bad headache but I also think I get headaches when I haven’t had caffeine. Went and got some and it’s helping :pray:t2: (I’ve also been drinking more water I know how important that is in recovery) Thankfully I’m not addicted to nicotine so it’ll be easy for me to just cut that out. Before that I fell asleep and started having a really bad dream that actually brought me mouth pain from what was happening in it and woke me up…I’m just really feeling like :poop: mentally and physically. Kinda wanna cry lol. Which I always embrace in sobriety since my emotions are always buried. But man, today sucks.

14 Likes

Still shocking and saddening no matter how well we know the person. Very sad news.

5 Likes

@whereswaldo Way to go with your 3 weeks! :tada: :clap: Sending you luck with all your checks coming up this week.
@catmancam missed your 800 days of no cocaine! :tada: :clap: way to go friend :muscle: Wishing you luck with Therapy. Hope that your therapist does a better job listening and helping you tomorrow. Sending you hugs Cam :hugs: :heart:
@k_s Loved the pics of your family out this weekend. Looks like a wonderful weekend with loads of beautiful memories. Sorry to hear about your MIL. Hope the move went smoothly today :crossed_fingers:

Such true words my friend. Still such sad news Nick. I am sorry for the loss of this precious life. Many condolences sent to you and your friends family :hugs:
@lainenicole96 Oh man mice scare me too and I would get them in my garage every fall (think they would come in to warm up). I’m sure they are more prominent in the country no matter how clean you keep your home. Day 2 and going strong friend.

13 Likes

I’d like to keep this calm relaxed feeling and take it places.

I’m going to bed early so I can get up early and cry about it being cloudy during the eclipse :grinning: So much crying time I will have. It’s still going to be a great experience, clouds or not. And life will continue afterwards…haha.

I’ve been future tripping a lot this afternoon. Not ready yet. But it’s good to get that feeling. This is going to work out well. Later!

Maybe I’ll sleep tight or not but it’s sober. :sleeping: :heart:

16 Likes

Day 55

Lots of chores, lots of sports on TV, workout and some rest. All in all, a good day. I am a big fan of the Master’s Golf tournament and am very excited to watch that this week. :man_golfing:

No hangover tomorrow so Monday will start off well. Sleep well.

20 Likes

Wishing you a restful day/evening ahead of you and good for you checking in on day 2. Living in the country just means you get mice from time to time! Know all about it and heck no doesnt mean youre dirty. I store food in our basement as a pantry and I was taking out winter boots and found one had been filled in the toe with dried pasta :upside_down_face: I then went to check the shelf and sure enough one of them had broken in the bag and made hinself a little stash LOL.
Just a little something about vaping (not to encourage or anything, I am a smoker who desperately wants to quit!) But i know the additives in them (cant remember what its called) can cause headaches for some people.
Just sending a great big hug your way on this day. One day, sometimes one minute at a time we got your back here anytime xo.

8 Likes

Hey @jazzy thanks for the well wishes. Son is finally feeling better after we got him antibiotics. Strep and an ear infection good Lord no wonder he eas cranky and not sleeping. Just so grateful he is feeling better :slight_smile: that alfredo sounds so intersting I will have to look up a recipe! Always love adding new ones to the repetoire. If 3/4 people in the house will eat it, it goes into the catalogue lol. Best wishes with seeing your surgeon and hope you can get some answers & much deserved relief. Thinking of you xo.

@K_S thanks for the shout out! Gratitude is a huge part of my days, taking those moments to look around and breath it in. Hell not all days feel great, but that is life and we gotta roll with it best we can. I mustve hit a typo bc Im coming up on 9 months, but reading your post about 7 days had me reflectinf on what i felt like at 7 days. Grateful for them but also terrified. The early days are so hard. So grateful to be where I am today; hoping to stack and tack more days on, and what a beautiful thinf for you to take the time to respond to so many of us in the community like that. Thanks for that love & positive energy!

Well what a weekend. Yesterday was a bit tough. Seemed like tensions of the energy in the house and energy of kids/trying to get things done ran a bit high. Gets like that sometimes. But today we met with friends at the park then had them over. Kids had an awesome day, and it was so nice spending time with my friend too. I feel Im walking a bit on delicate ground with her son, as he has a hard time listening and I dont want to overstep yet its important to set little ground rules when people visit. I want to be able to sit for them and have their kids over, even if the parents arent and I think its important chuldren can listen to basic rules. He does have challenfes with that, but I want to be a good influence rhere and supportive. Anyway, things to navigate in life. Tomorrow our daughter is home so Ill get to spend the day with her. Shes asked to go to restaurant and we’re going to print some of our fav clips from Calvin and Hobbes to frame for her room. Jjst want to let the day take us, I love her so darn much. Xo. And my boys too xo.

13 Likes

Thank you so much :pray:t2: it makes me feel better hearing from someone who’s experienced this dilemma :sweat_smile: and I figured vapes were what caused headaches! I always said they made me feel icky but I was trying to fill that hyper fixation of using something especially somethings that’s always accessible :sweat_smile: I’ve always said I’m lucky my body doesn’t like nicotine because I know how addicting it is. I’m feeling better than I did earlier thankfully, just going through that deep exhaustion that comes in the early days of recovery

4 Likes

Today, the day before the major eclipse is DAY 100! That is all, a big day. :tada: :revolving_hearts:

25 Likes

Hang in there. Breathe. Stay strong and know you will be happy you stayed sober tomorrow. Remember one day or even moment at a time. :heart_eyes::hugs:

4 Likes