Checking in daily to maintain focus #65

You show an arrogance to your success in sobriety.

Not sure that I understand the arrogance part. I wanna correct this, what’s making me seem arrogant exactly? :slight_smile:

Your either in to abstain and remove yourself from these scenarios or you aren’t. You aren’t going to long term succeed with the trajectory you keep putting yourself on.

Apologies everyone for the bluntness, I’m just calling it as I see it.

I agree, I promise you I’m going to be better than this. I’m sorry homie, I’m trying to do this sobriety thing but it’s so much to navigate and change in the way I think :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

It’s a lie, the FOMO. The people at the bar are there to abuse substances, not be friends. It’s superficial, the friendship part.

This is life or death for us. You’re not missing anything. Sober people are everywhere, if you look for them. You deserve a healthy life with healthy people. I think you do, but do you think so? Please don’t risk your life.

9 Likes

Don’t worry about abandonment issues. Go make new friends to keep sober. Stop putting

Pills in you

Next thing you know some random dude is gonna have you in his autopsy table.

Stay connected here. If you get invited to this kinds of parties anymore just do your best and say pass. Get ON THIS APP and get plugged in.
Just do your best for you. And tell us how the day is going to be better

7 Likes

The arrogance is that you believe you can go out to these places and abstain. That you know better than many many came before you.
You are either focused on sobriety or not. I totally understand that people relapse, trust me, I have lots, but when I am working on sobriety I don’t intentionally put myself in situations to fail…

But hey, your monkey, your circus my friend.

14 Likes

See… if you’re drunk enough to take ecstasy from a source you don’t know well, I’d suggest that alcohol might end up being an issue for you in life. It’s classic risk seeking behaviour.

One DOC can easily replace another, especially if you don’t address the issues that are causing the addiction in the first place. Worse, they can compound each other.

12 Likes

I agree with you, I don’t know better than veteran members here. You’re right, maybe I do have some arrogance or at least I don’t listen to people enough sometimes :frowning:

I swear on it, this is stopping now: That's it, I'm declaring right now that I am not going to party, no matter the FOMO

8 Likes

Thank you Jasmine. I appreciate your support. :heart:

2 Likes

I’ve got my path of relapses as well.
This time around I’ve learnt something new,you either want to stay sober or you don’t.

There’s no golden middle way here. You can’t have both,you can’t be just a little sober. It’s all or nothing.

13 Likes

That’s a start.

That’s easy to say.
But remember, many of us have started right where you are

7 Likes

So very true! I quit and drank again many times until I got serious and put sobriety above everything else. Nothing changes if nothing changes!

8 Likes

That’s the point I hope the young fella gets…

8 Likes

Alright, I understand this now. I can’t keep flip flopping between sobriety and the party scene. I’m choosing sobriety from now on.

Right now, I’m gonna consider myself day #1 again. I need to revise what I’ve learned and do better. I don’t deserve to say that I’m day #19 sober. :frowning: I feel like such a failure today :crying_cat_face:

But watch me as I rack up more truly sober days. I’m sick of partying.

10 Likes

Hey everyone, this is a mid day check in on my day 99.
Funny enough I rarely ever get sick and today I feel just like I did on day 1 on Jan 6. Aches, pains, just crap and it’s making me a tad short so apologies if I come across that way.

Not the way I wished to cross the threshold of double into triple digits, but what can you do?

Be well everyone, and remember failing to plan is planning to fail. Don’t go into situations without your plan.

:pray::heart::peace_symbol:

21 Likes

I get it. Hoping you can get some rest and feel better quickly! :facepunch:

3 Likes

Checking in again at day 6.5.
Had my lip piercings upgraded! They look rad. They represent fire and earth, my astrological signs.
And I like triangles, as a mathematician :slight_smile:

Have a good evening all :slightly_smiling_face:

21 Likes

It was a very good idea, Sophia! I think I might like the Swedish ones better, though I would eat either :grinning:. Thanks for your stories each day- I look forward to reading them! You’re a great storyteller.

4 Likes

@iamsophie great to see you checking in friend. WOW – huge congrats on your 10+ months. The urges can come out of no where even later on in sobriety (not sure what triggers them). I am grateful that you were able to reach out to a friend and work out the urge in a healthy manner. Stay strong Sophie :hugs:
@john_connor1337 Not a failure my friend. It is hard navigating through the sober journey and learning about yourself and collecting the tools, the strength it takes to help yourself stack up the days and avoid triggers, risky scenes and risky people. Please be safe. Glad to see you working so hard on your journey and reaching out for advice and help. We can not do this journey solo. Like others have said, FOMO is lie – when you think about it – you really are not missing anything. You are gaining by abstaining. Keep your head up my friend and keep pushing forward :hugs:
@chevy55 oh man I’m sorry that you are feeling ill Nick- hope you rest up and get better soon. No matter how you bring in the triple digits – you will be brining it in strong cause you have put in the effort and the work. Be proud!
@lile01 Oh I love em and love the triangle too :wink: Hope you are starting to feel better

7 Likes

Just another stepping stone on my trip of sobriety friend. Like my birthday, nothing I will get too wrapped up in.
But I appreciate you Jasmine, and all the support you give with never a hint of arrogance. You represent much of the best of us on this journey.

3 Likes

Yeah they do. :grin::love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Congratulations on 422 Laura.

6 Likes