Checking in daily to maintain focus #65

very nice number indeed!

neato

10 Likes

Thank u for the energy friend! After 2 Iced lattes im finallt getting going lol im sorry to hear about ur recent binge episode. But im glad uv made plans to get back on track :slight_smile: Also, i meant to comment the other day about the book ur reading. Ive read that book and found it super helpful! How are u finding it so far?

8 Likes

Sooo happy to see u back :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@ Double digits hell yeah! I think Iā€™d be drinking again if I didnā€™t have this app and this daily check in thread lol. It has helped alot.

I totally agree. TS keeps a positive outlook on sobriety
@Whereswaldo

9 Likes

Checking in day 18

I have to always go back to the app to check my time because I never look at it, I go straight to the TS button lol.

Iā€™ve started listening to The Naked Mind. Mind blowing stuff that puts all these little things that Iā€™ve had or experienced into a nice neat audio book that has cemented by life-long commitment to sobriety.
Highly recommend it to anyone here.

I am doing this for me, my kids and my wife.
I have this absolutely amazing opportunity to raise two beautiful children and help them have an incredibly content and happy life. This is my goal.

19 Likes

Please reach out Haley.
Stronger together. Your words.
We will be here through the weekend with you if you like.
Iā€™m grateful youā€™re back.
:pray:t2::heart::people_hugging:

7 Likes

Didnā€™t have good sleep.
Hammering thoughts about the situation with landlord as soon as I woke up.

20 Likes

@Lisa-B I used to do that exact thing when I was sick. At first it was ā€˜That old wives tale says to take a shot of whiskey when you feel a cold coming onā€™. Then it turned to just drinking the whole time until the sickness was gone. Pretty sure that just extended the suffering :roll_eyes:

@Lighter The build up for this eclipse is crazy. Iā€™ve been reading that several hotels nearby have canceled reservations that were made monthes ago with no explanation. Pretty sure they just want to price gouge last minute.

@Timetochange Weird you mentioned tinnitus. Iā€™ve had very minor bouts of it for years, but Iā€™ve been experiencing it a lot recently. Maybe the weather? :thinking:

@suechu Welcome :pray: I remember body odor being extremely noticeable in the first week sober. I was sweating so much, especially my feet (theyā€™ve always been stinky, but this was next level) My breathe smelled like death as well :nauseated_face: Itā€™s your body flushing toxins. It gets better soon :blush:

8 Likes

Iā€™m here, Iā€™m alive, Iā€™m sober and Iā€™m happy.
Day 38.

My cousin called yesterday and desperately wanted to come over.
Sheā€™s on Easter break and was probably tired of hanging around with my aunt.
I live my aunt, Iā€™m the only relative from my fatherā€™s side who talks with the family on his side.

Not sure how I became the cool cousin, since Iā€™m about 20 years older than my cousin and says pretty muytge same things as my aunt does. But Iā€™m glad Iā€™m the one she feels she can turn too. She calls pretty often just to talk, or when she doesnā€™t agree with my aunt. :smiling_face:

A little nervous for that visit, sheā€™s only been here once before. My auntā€™s family is rich, their apartment and summer house both by the sea is perfect in every way, and always perfectly clean. Our house, wellā€¦ let us just say it needs plenty of renovations still. We collects dust and spider webs in the corners too. If someone asks I usually says that I want Halloween to feel authentic :laughing:

Finally managed to get a doctors appointment for my 14 y/o today. Iā€™ve been chasing that appointment for about 4 months now. Called them yesterday and said that they have to fix this asap. Luckily they had something who canceled their appointment today, so I got it.
Let us just hope that they will write that medical referral to the psychiatric hospital now.

Long post as usual today. But I have to share this conversation I had with my boys about this app yesterday.

Me logging in here.

My boys: Whatā€™s that app, sober times? Whatā€™s community?

Me: Itā€™s an app with people from the entire world, who had decided that they donā€™t want to drink alcohol or be addicted to other things anymore.
Community means something like a group of people, or a society.

My boys: So youā€™re saying that there is a society with people who wants to stay clean and sober, and that youā€™re a part of it?

Me: Thatā€™s right.

My boys: Thatā€™sā€¦ Thatā€™s, Very Good, Very Good. Tell them that.

So from my boys to all of you.
Very Good! :blush:

26 Likes

Today was up and down. Very hard to wake up this morning. My eyes were so heavy but I caught myself before letting them shut again for ā€˜just for a minuteā€™ :clown_face: Once I showered and got to work I was fine. It wouldā€™ve been the most boring day of my life except I didnā€™t know I was training a new girl, so at least I had someone to talk to. Very easily at that. I like her, and she seems like sheā€™ll catch on quick.

I wrapped the presents my daughter already knew about (bc she wanted to open them :joy:), but wasnā€™t able to buy any other surprise presents. When I finished wrapping them, a wave of sadness hit me. I actually cried a few tears. Highly unusual for me but I think Iā€™m just exhausted and overwhelmed by everything going on. This here explains whatā€™s been weighing on me today if interested. Itā€™s really fucking irritating.

I did call the other agency and put the dispute in motion. Nothing will happen for at least 30 days when Iā€™m mailed something from them I have to show my agency. Then another 90 days at least to take it off my record. Not gonna see any reimbursements for a while :face_exhaling: Just trying to think of the positives. I just paid every bill I have so I really donā€™t have much to worry about aside from the party Monday. Better get some rest bc itā€™s my daughterā€™s birthday tomorrow! Want to have a great afternoon with her before she goes back to her dadā€™s. Which, btw, just got fired today without reason! Not gonna think about that. Goodnight all you rockstars :star2:

16 Likes

Writing class was and is nice. Iā€™m happy I joined. Both the writing itself, and the stuff we are learning and challenged to practice with, and the social aspect. This group of (young) people I would never have met otherwise. And who Iā€™ll very probably not make friends with but that doesnā€™t matter. Not every interaction needs to be deep and meaningful but we all do need interactions with other human beings. I sure do.

Meeting my therapist this morning. Thatā€™s good, got some stuff to talk about although specifics are hard to come up with right now. Sheā€™ll help with that. And tomorrow weā€™re going to have one day of summer. Gotta enjoy that in between the wet days. Will plan something nice. Have as good a day as you can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

@CATMANCAM One day at a time friend :hugs:
@Hayleylujah Happy to see you back friend. One day at a time for all of us.
@Twizzlers So excited for your catio project friend! Keep us all posted here! :tiger2: :house_with_garden: :carpentry_saw: :hammer_and_wrench: :construction_worker_woman:
@Englishd Nice one Derek.
@Butterflymoonwoman Hoping youā€™re finding some well earned rest Dana. :zzz:
@Juli1 Sorry for your bad sleep Julia. Please be absolutely sure that trying to deal with the situation by using old coping mechanisms (like drinking) isnā€™t going to help with anything. Quite the opposite. Hugs friend. :people_hugging:
@MrsOdh Weā€™re doing dialogue in writing class. That one form you just brought a tear to my eye :smiling_face_with_tear: Love it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
@Just_Laura Sorry Laura. That IS infuriating. It will be resolved though right. Deep breaths. Sleep well X

31 Likes

Day 22. Woke up super early and am heading to the gym for a spin class this morning. I was out for dinner last night at a favourite restaurant and the only one not drinking. Was triggering for literally seconds but then my brain shut that down quickly, interesting. I can guarantee Iā€™m the only one who went to the meal last night off to the gym before 7am today!

Have great days all

20 Likes

135 sugar
33 UPF
6 gluten
ā€” dairy
6 overeating/binge

With the food choices available Iā€™m pausing my dairy counter for the vacation. Instead Iā€™m going to try a caffeine free day as I feel it might be worsening my anxiety episodes.

I had a good night, my daughterā€™s migraine is gone and we are ready for the zoo.

Letā€™s all try for a day of peace, kindness and freedom today :peace_symbol::people_hugging::dove:

21 Likes

125 days
Good day at work. Quiet, as I was in a role today that is generally quiet. It did give me a chance to do some training with some of the guys on the crew helping them to further their qualifications.
We have a bar at work for after shift, today I had the briefest of thoughts to go and have a beer after work. Just a fleeting thought that I pushed out of my mind.
Before that thought arrived I was thinking maybe to go and just hangout and have a 0% beer. Aftr that thought I figured best not to risk it and just went home.
Back to work tomorrow. Looking foward to another good day

26 Likes

Good thinking on the bar stuff friend. We can see the addicted mind at work, looking for wriggling space and a way back into your life. Well spotted and well taken care of. On we go. Good night.

9 Likes

I envy my couch potato many times @tailee17
For example when I have a busy day ahead :wink:
Like you mentioned, early recovery is a lot. Sometimes I felt like such a circus acrobat who tries (and manage) to keep all those turning plates on sticks above their head :hugs:
A plate for non drinking, a plate for the husband, one for work, one for our children, one for friends, one for family, one for housechores, one for working out, etc.
multitasking-borden
Sometimes a plate felt. And sometimes I choose to get some out because there were less important and I had to focus more on the other ones. 37 days is great Tam! You will get your balance, give it time.
And for the couch potato? I wouldnā€™t trade our lives ever despide my minutes of envying her. She sleeps, eats and repeat.
Boring!! :joy::sweat_smile::joy:

19 Likes

Thatā€™s so nice of them, and also very smart of them to realize what itā€™s all about. I know they have to be very proud of their Mom. :purple_heart::heart::purple_heart::heart::purple_heart::tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip:Big thank you to them :rabbit2::black_cat::rabbit::peach::kissing_heart::blossom:for them. @MrsOdh

6 Likes

Yep. No words. Day one. Kept falling down that rabbit hole. But climbing back out again i shall commence again.

27 Likes

Love your resilience :muscle:

3 Likes

Get back up and at them x

4 Likes