Checking in daily to maintain focus #65

Our 14 y/o has always had “problems” with eating. Selective eating is pretty common if you’re autistic.
Our baby nurse (here you belong to a specific baby/kids nurse until you turn 6 and starts school) said not to worry. That small kids eats exactly what they need of they have access to food and the possibility to choose.

I’ve always followed that advice and let him be.
Last 6 months both his teachers and the school nurse has been at us telling us that we need to make sure he eats more so he’ll have the energy for school. He weighs about the same as his 5 y/o cousin.

I’d still let it be, and let him eat whatever and whenever he wants. Trying to sneak in some extra protein bars as a snack at school. He got a special exception from the No sugar, No snacks rule from all the teachers.

So hearing that we don’t have to worry about his weight and just can keep on doing what we’re doing. And that I was right all along today was such a nice confirmation.

10 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1391. I hope everybody has a good one!

19 Likes

Your sponsor is wise. As you know I don’t believe in God (or at least I want to pretend that I don’t, you never know I guess)

My life coach says something similar. She says that life doesn’t start when you reach your goal weight, meet true love, get the higher paycheck or whatever you’re chasing.
Life starts now, and we should use the time to enjoy it, here and now. Living in the moment with what we got. And if we don’t like it, change. Change location, change mindset, change goal.

You either bloom where you are or re-plant :blush:

6 Likes

Checking in day 579 and :one::nine: months sober! Pretty cool to see my next personal milestone is 600 days. In the beginning things felt second to second, then minute to minute, then hour to hour, then day to day, and now sometimes it’s month to month. Though I, of course, still have my days where I take it by the minute or hour, I’m loving a life where I feel free.

Wishing everyone a fabulous sober Friday :sparkles:

23 Likes

Day 286.worked from 7.40-2pm
I think today was my day off anyway? I lose track of it working from home.

Going to listen to some music and relax. Aiming to make a kind of chicken rice dish later for me and my dog :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Day 35

A good sleep, again. It’s almost 8 and I’m just getting up. Birds singing, me sneezing so violently they stopped for a minute. All my flowers are blooming. I need to get some more. But it’s too peopley! I’ll get everything ready for when it clears out. Make a map with circles. Dig.

Yes @Just_Laura , the gouge runs along the path of totality. What would I do if I had a hotel? :thinking: I wouldn’t because I would want everyone to be happy. Ha! I’m a hippie. ‘Oh, don’t worry…you can pay me later’ :grinning:

I like this calm, relaxed feeling. Think I’m getting better :heart:

21 Likes

Goodmorning everyone
331 no alcohol
262 no vapes or ciggs
0.38 no marijuana
Feeling blessed

Have a good day everyone

22 Likes

Happy Friday all! Checking in on day 268 :v::heart:

19 Likes

Just checking in, day #11 sober from heavy cocaine abuse yessir!!! :saluting_face: :smiley:

Woke up feeling pretty good today, the advice that yall gave me yesterday about my ex helped me a lot, I appreciate it :smiley:

Had a good meeting with my addiction therapist yesterday, he is happy that im still sober and gave me some important advice to help me stay sober. He said because I have a tendency to be very hard on myself, really practice self-compassion and be ready for days where I feel like I’m losing momentum from being sober. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Glad to hear that you’re back on track with the no weed thing homie :smiley: Keep going my guy, you got this!!! :saluting_face: :smile:

4 Likes

Checking in Friday morning. Busy day at the shop so will be a long work day. Will try and get my workout in later tonight but might have to use my rest day tomorrow if I’m here too late tonight. That’s about it for today so Happy Friday wishes for you all.

18 Likes

@whereswaldo congrats on Day 18, congrats you’re here checking in. I like how you put “me” first. Very important that you’re doing it for you, be the best version of your self, so that you can be there for the people you love. :metal:t4::muscle:t4:

@mikeA congrats on 87 days AF. That’s the right attitude to have, taking it #ODAAT :muscle:t4:

@juli1 congrats on another day (66)! Sorry you didn’t rest well. I’m not up to speed on your situation with the landlord. What’s the situation, if you don’t mind me asking? I hope your day gets better.

@mrsOdh congrats on day 38

That is very good boys! Mommy is so strong! It takes some strong individuals to admit they have a problem and get help. & thank you boys! #ODAAT :metal:t4::heart:

@just_Laura way to keep on! 414 days! I think we’d all be pissed in that situation, especially when it’s their fuck up. That shit grinds my gears. Just like you pay for something and the money comes out immediately but if you get a refund it takes 3-7 business days, well it didn’t 3-7 business days to come out of my account. stupid. But yeah Continue focusing on the positive. #ODAAT :metal:t4::heart: Happy Birthday, daughter.

@mno congrats on 1763 days :muscle:t4:. That’s a nice picture.

@james83 way to go on Day22, James. So glad your triggers didn’t last long. You have a great day, as well. :metal:t4::muscle:t4:

@acromouse congrats on your sobriety milestones. Hope you have a wonderful day!
:peace_symbol::people_hugging::dove:

@MrFantastik congrats on 125 days sober! I’m glad you were able to shake those thought away and not risk it all. Have a good day, buddy. :fist_right::fist_left::muscle:t4:

@apes2020 everyone gets a chance to relapse not every gets another chance to recover. Wish you the best on this sobriety journey. :people_hugging::fist_right::fist_left:

16 Likes

everyone gets a chance to relapse not every gets another chance to recover. Wish you the best on this sobriety journey. :people_hugging::fist_right:

I like this quote @K_S I’m gonna start using it whenever I crave coke thanks :smiley:

5 Likes

@Tragicfarinelli keep fighting! :muscle:t4: congrats on 99 days.

@chevy55 congrats on 91 days. You’re hitting the gym pretty hard, I think you’re gonna be the guy to motivate me to get in there. Best to you, #ODAAT :metal:t4::fist_right::fist_left:

@CleanHeart glad you’re here checking in on Day40. Glad the temptations haven’t gotten the best of you and caused any slip. You’re stronger than you think :muscle:t4::metal:t4::fist_right::fist_left: keep on keepin’ on.

@Lotusflower congrats on 88 days AF and 206 CF. No matter what happens today, good or bad, I will not drink. #ODAAT :muscle:t4::metal:t4::fist_right::fist_left:

@Rob11 congrats on 1203 days! Good luck on the date! :metal:t4:

@Thumper1213 congrats on 164 days! Have a great day! :metal:t4::fist_right::fist_left::muscle:t4:

@MooseTracks congrats, you’re rockin it! :metal:t4::muscle:t4::fist_right::fist_left: wish you a fabulous sober Friday. :muscle:t4:

@Timetochange way to go on 286 days! :muscle:t4::metal:t4:

@Lighter congrats on 35 days, Marie. Glad you’re getting and are seeing the results. Wishing you a peaceful day! :muscle:t4::fist_right::fist_left:

@Charlie_C glad you’re checking in on Day 26! Have an awesome day, Charlie. :fist_right::fist_left:

Checking in on day 107! Feel like I just posted saying 90 days. Well everyone, I’m alive, I’m blessed and I’m sober. I’m no longer restless, irritable and discontent—I’m spreading positivity, I’m vibrating high and loving the sober life. Headed to the zoo right now, wife is driving, better take a picture of this hahaha this never happens when we’re together. Happy Friday everyone, have a fantastic day. #ODAAT :heart::muscle:t4::metal:t4:

23 Likes

Have at it my friend, one of my counselors in treatment said this a lot hahaha I took it from her. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Checking in on day 16. :cherry_blossom:

19 Likes

Thank you :blush:
I think they meant more that it’s good for all of us that a place like this exist, that people like all of us exist.

And that’s a Very Good thing.

My opinion is that kids understand a lot as long as you explain to them.

3 Likes

Words of wisdom and how true and relevant for sobriety.

Thank you.

4 Likes

:muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:

Chilling watching Netflix

Happy sober Friday everyone

23 Likes

Congratulations. I simply love new baby news.

5 Likes