Checking in daily to maintain focus #65

Enjoy the last day of your mini break

3 Likes

Day 23. Itā€™s sunny at last! Apparently a storm is coming so Iā€™m heading out for a walk whilst it lasts. Have great Saturdayā€™s everyone

12 Likes

On my way to Nijmegen by :steam_locomotive:. Planning on riding my :bike: back home. Make the best of this one day summer.

Therapy was good. Yesterday was good as a whole. Today should be good too. One day at a time.

Have as good a day as you can all. Sober and clean. I will. Love.

23 Likes

Iā€™m here, Iā€™m alive, Iā€™m sober and Iā€™m happy.
Day 39

Cousins visit yesterday was nice.
Iā€™ve never knew that she had two tattoos, my aunt never liked tattoos at all.
Iā€™ve got a few of them, my husband got a lot of them. And my cousin now got two very delicate ones.
Cousin said my aunt wasnā€™t happy about it, and that she doesnā€™t like my tattoos either.
(Her mantra is pretty much that only jailbirds and sailors are tattooed)

I said that it isnā€™t my aunt who should like them. Itā€™s us, our body our decisions.

Cousin said that she loved to be here because weā€™re so free, and no so old fashioned as my Aunt :smiling_face:
I like my aunt, but it was nice to hear.

My cousin is a heck of a Lady, sheā€™s 19 and already have her entire future planned, knowing exactly who she is,going for that goal without anything to stop her. Iā€™m soon 40 and just figured out who and what I want to be.
I know my aunt blame Ma for a lot of it, and has tried to steer me right many times over the years.

Iā€™m grateful for that. Feel a little bad that my cousin prefered to be here nowdays. Aunt seemed happy that my cousin felt at home here, so I guess I shouldnā€™t.

Saturday morning here, today weā€™re going with my daughter to town, sheā€™s going to buy a sofa bed for her apartment. She has also promised me to show me how the new solarium works. Apparently nowdays you need an app to even get access to the tanning room.
I had no idea.

Havenā€™t had any problems with quitting caffeine, so I will keep that up. I sleep much better now too.

Wishing yā€™all a wonderful weekend.

16 Likes

I guess most of the glutenfree pre-made options Actually are in the ultra processed food category.

Unfortunately most of them tastes like sawdust anyway

Baking gluten and dairy free bread is pretty hard, so personally Iā€™m grateful for the ultra processed bread options in that category.

We have a special kind of dark rye here, thatā€™s pretty healthy even of itā€™s processed.

But then thereā€™s other ultra processed foods I wouldnā€™t eat even if itā€™s gluten free (Like French fries)

Hope you all are having an amazing trip.

5 Likes

Thank you, Iā€™ll absolutely tell them. Authentic is the very best :smile:

3 Likes

V

GIF_20240406_103159_112

11 Likes

Day 287. Wow. The numbers are building up but itā€™s just one day each day and staying vigilant

Listening to taylor swift, reading and having a coffee. I think today will be q chores day and watch something on Netflix later. Ripley or scoop I think

So blessed to have stopped drinking last June rather than continuing so chaotically.

13 Likes

126 days
At work. Been a busy day, was good to get out and make a difference and help a couple of people today.
Into the start of nightshift and its still been busy. Managed a bit of training before dinner. Still have 10 hrs to go on the 24hr shift, have to actually do 25hrs because daylight savings clocks go back tonight :joy::person_facepalming:
Still Iā€™m not complaining. PMA.

9 Likes

Congrats on 2 days.
Youā€™re not ā€˜just on day 2ā€™ā€¦ to someone on day zero you might be an inspiration.
Keep stacking days and be proud of taking this step

8 Likes

Day 36

Today is Day 36.

13 Likes

Howā€™s 36 days feel?

4 Likes

Let me know if it worked for you. Make sure Iā€™m just not a flake open to suggestive hypnotic crapā€¦ hahaha

Hopefully youā€™ll find some rest.
:pray::heart::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

What a cutey patuteyā€¦ happiest birthday wishes :birthday::partying_face::tada::gift:
Such a fun age of kids.

3 Likes

Day 92, AF and feeling fabulous!

Wow, those little ā€œtensā€ muscle zapper machinesā€¦ where was that all my life? 30 mins on one hip, 30 mins on other hip, 40 mins on elbow, damn!!! I feel amazing this morning. No pains there at allā€¦and my hips were absolutely screaming at me after hike yesterday. Worst theyā€™ve ever felt, tight, and sore as hell. No more!

Have a fella coming this morning to buy my enchelon stationary bike, as I never use it. Not sure what Iā€™ll replace it with, but for now Iā€™ll keep space for stretching in gymā€¦

My weights on my every second day superset jump by 15-20% today, so nervous and excited for that. I think this is going to be a hard push on the weight training. Oh and on weight, woohoooo, dropped 2.6lbs on official Sat morn weigh in. Biggest one week drop since I beganā€¦ finally!! I am excited to push more now.

Anyway, as always, too long, but Iā€™m feeling great on this 92nd day of a new life. I wish you all a great weekend.
Make today mean something :heart::peace_symbol:

15 Likes

I am sick with a cold today, but having 36 days of sobriety is making things much easier. Highly recommend it!

8 Likes

Which will be just a little better than day 35!

Have a good day Marie :heart::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate it. Yes. No matter what, sober is better :slight_smile: Have a great day, Nick :heart:

3 Likes

Checking In 41 days. Staying with my parents for the weekend and then meeting my wife for the solar eclipse Monday then driving home. Still struggling with temptations but access is limited right now which is good. Just got keep going forward. I think once I get to see my wife who I havenā€™t seen in a week and really miss feelings will start to stabalize. I just want to give my wife a big hug and a kiss right now.

13 Likes

2068 days alcohol free 74 days weed free

12 Likes